Is LSU QB Jow Burrow a 1st Rounder?

RedZone

A lot of 2020 Mock Drafts have Joe Burrow going in the first round....

I can see it. Can make every throw, great head and better athlete than people think...

Anyways, LSU could have 4 1st Rounders in the 2020 Draft.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-jordan-love-replaces-jameis-winston-chargers-plan-for-post-philip-rivers-era/

bandicam 2019-10-15 08-50-54-559.jpg

• Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, RedZone said:

A lot of 2020 Mock Drafts have Joe Burrow going in the first round....

I can see it. Can make every throw, great head and better athlete than people think...

Anyways, LSU could have 4 1st Rounders in the 2020 Draft.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-jordan-love-replaces-jameis-winston-chargers-plan-for-post-philip-rivers-era/

bandicam 2019-10-15 08-50-54-559.jpg

Burrow is most likely going to go in the first round barring injury.  

• Like 1

Jake Fromm is a game manager meant to not fuck it up. 

Think Trent Dilfer - Ravens and Brad Johnson - Bucs. 

Jake Fromm doesn’t have to do much. Sit behind 4-5 star line, hand it off to 4-5 star backs, and throw it to 4-5 star receivers when his 4-5 star defense is not on the field. 

Burrow I believe elevated his team. Even though they were extremely talented, the QB has always been the Achilles heel for LSU. Burrow is taking them to the next level. 

Fromm is keeping GA from it 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Jake Fromm is a game manager meant to not fuck it up. 

Think Trent Dilfer - Ravens and Brad Johnson - Bucs. 

Jake Fromm doesn’t have to do much. Sit behind 4-5 star line, hand it off to 4-5 star backs, and throw it to 4-5 star receivers when his 4-5 star defense is not on the field. 

Burrow I believe elevated his team. Even though they were extremely talented, the QB has always been the Achilles heel for LSU. Burrow is taking them to the next level. 

Fromm is keeping GA from it 

UGA's play calling is not helping Fromm either.  They are very predictable.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Texasball said:

My answer is yes and by the time the draft rolls around he could go top 15.

Georgia shit the bed on the Fields kid.  He is exactly what they need as very few game managers win SEC titles and National Championships 

Alabama 2009 probably the last.

This Mock has Joe Burrow as the #1 pick....I don't know about that.

I don't make it up, just report it...

1. Bengals: Joe Burrow QB, LSU

In this week’s edition of the Tank for Tua Saga, the Cincinnati Benga… wait a minute. That’s not Tua’s name. What the hell is this!?

Here’s the thing, folks. Not only has LSU QB Joe Burrow been good, he’s been the best; he’s been the best player in all of college football this year. His improvement has been nothing short of extraordinary. He will beat you before and after the snap, he has the arm strength to push the ball down the field, and he has the accuracy and touch that has been top-of-the-class for six straight weeks.

You're going to read plenty of mocks with Tua as the top quarterback, but mock drafts at this point of the year are to explore the "what if" — since we all know crazy things happen.

The Bengals need a quarterback. The best quarterback this season has been Joe Burrow.

• Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, RedZone said:

This Mock has Joe Burrow as the #1 pick....I don't know about that.

I don't make it up, just report it...

1. Bengals: Joe Burrow QB, LSU

In this week’s edition of the Tank for Tua Saga, the Cincinnati Benga… wait a minute. That’s not Tua’s name. What the hell is this!?

Here’s the thing, folks. Not only has LSU QB Joe Burrow been good, he’s been the best; he’s been the best player in all of college football this year. His improvement has been nothing short of extraordinary. He will beat you before and after the snap, he has the arm strength to push the ball down the field, and he has the accuracy and touch that has been top-of-the-class for six straight weeks.

You're going to read plenty of mocks with Tua as the top quarterback, but mock drafts at this point of the year are to explore the "what if" — since we all know crazy things happen.

The Bengals need a quarterback. The best quarterback this season has been Joe Burrow.

I didn't know all that...I just know he is good QB.  I was basing everything off of what you was saying about him going to the Saints who likely will not have early pick.

9 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I didn't know all that...I just know he is good QB.  I was basing everything off of what you was saying about him going to the Saints who likely will not have early pick.

Currently, the Saints are scheduled to have five draft picks in 2020, selecting in the first round, third round, fourth round, fifth round, and sixth round, for five draft picks in total.

• Thumbs Down 1

Picking QBs in the draft is a crapshoot.  The NFL game is so different, so much faster with more complex coverages.  Everyone has DL studs to apply pressure.  Decision-making needs to be quicker and is more involved.  You can’t hide bad mechanics like you can in college (see Baker Mayfield).  Some QBs get it, some don’t.  The problem is predicting who.

9 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Picking QBs in the draft is a crapshoot.  The NFL game is so different, so much faster with more complex coverages.  Everyone has DL studs to apply pressure.  Decision-making needs to be quicker and is more involved.  You can’t hide bad mechanics like you can in college (see Baker Mayfield).  Some QBs get it, some don’t.  The problem is predicting who.

Mayfield needs two things.

1.  Just grow up and mature...Be professional!

2.  Overall better team effort...Those dudes are dropping a lot of passes and not protecting very good.  

This year he seems to be running out of the pocket at times when maybe he should just move around in the pocket.

I wouldn't judge him to harshly at this point.

Don't write Fromm off. He has good tools. 

Probably safer to take in round 2 by a contender that can sit him for a year or two behind an aging starter.

remember he's the guy that sent all these five star primadonnas packing. Not the other way around. You're not going to win every game every year. That's just life.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Texasball said:

2.  Overall better team effort...Those dudes are dropping a lot of passes and not protecting very good.  

This year he seems to be running out of the pocket at times when maybe he should just move around in the pocket.

He needs a good QB coach.  His competitiveness is A+.

20 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Don't write Fromm off. He has good tools. 

Probably safer to take in round 2 by a contender that can sit him for a year or two behind an aging starter.

remember he's the guy that sent all these five star primadonnas packing. Not the other way around. You're not going to win every game every year. That's just life.

I agree - first round is a reach, but he might well eventually be a good NFL QB.  I think Stidham might be in the same boat - a better arm than Fromm, needs seasoning in the decision-making area.

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Judgement on Baker has definitely been too harsh. He's 24 and has 4 game winning drives in the NFL. For his age that is amazing and that right there is enough for me to prove that he can win. 

He's in a sophomore slump. It happens. Defenses have figured him out. He'll adjust and improve. OLine play and play calling doesn't help either. 

Baker will have a great NFL career. He's a dawg and has that fire. He's true to himself and has a chip on his shoulder. I personally love the way he plays 

3 hours ago, Texasball said:

It's really amazing though that when teams start playing fast pace the defense of that team seems to give up more.  

Florida ran almost twice as many plays as LSU Saturday night....... LSU ran only 48 plays. Florida ran 90 plays and scored 28 points.

I felt like if the LSU defense could have stopped Florida a couple more times though we may have scored 60 points....it was like 3rd and long 3 or 4 times and we couldn't get Florida off the field. 

Last year LSU gave up 27 points to Florida and ran 75 plays.

Generally speaking though there is a trade-off if you score quickly.

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Florida ran almost twice as many plays as LSU Saturday night....... LSU ran only 48 plays. Florida ran 90 plays and scored 28 points.

I felt like if the LSU defense could have stopped Florida a couple more times though we may have scored 60 points....it was like 3rd and long 3 or 4 times and we couldn't get Florida off the field. 

Last year LSU gave up 27 points to Florida and ran 75 plays.

Generally speaking though there is a trade-off if you score quickly.

I love the offense, and I think there is something to be said for the extra possessions leading to more scoring from the other team. That said, as I've mentioned elsewhere, I think part of the issue is teams are noticing the tendencies in a few of Aranda's blitz packages. He adjusted well in the second half of the Florida game, though, getting more creative. But some of the conversions from the Gators were entirely preventable.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, mje44 said:

Judgement on Baker has definitely been too harsh. He's 24 and has 4 game winning drives in the NFL. For his age that is amazing and that right there is enough for me to prove that he can win. 

He's in a sophomore slump. It happens. Defenses have figured him out. He'll adjust and improve. OLine play and play calling doesn't help either. 

Baker will have a great NFL career. He's a dawg and has that fire. He's true to himself and has a chip on his shoulder. I personally love the way he plays 

But is he in a sophomore slump or did he peak last year? I'd go with the latter

There was no expectations for the Browns. They celebrated their first win like it was something major.  

Mayfield isn't very bright presnap, his game comes from scrambling around

3 hours ago, steeler01 said:

But is he in a sophomore slump or did he peak last year? I'd go with the latter

There was no expectations for the Browns. They celebrated their first win like it was something major.  

Mayfield isn't very bright presnap, his game comes from scrambling around

We'll see.

I understand the argument that the further removed he gets from Lincoln Riley, the worse he'll get. 

I just don't see a dude with that type of fearless mentality failing. Maybe I'm wrong. 

6 hours ago, Texasball said:

One of Mayfield biggest issues is the Browns have no O-line.

• Like 1