Exclusive Safe Space Top 25

imaGoodBoyNow

18 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

In all honesty though CC and Logan have beaten MD and Rollo and  they do believe they can win.

They beat Mater Dei way back when they were just  a normal good football team. The team that Rollo produces these days barely breaks a sweat against C10. I've watched the past few years pulling for C10 to keep it close only to be let down by running clocks. 

Folsom has been more competitive as of late against DLS then C10 vs MD.  Believe me Folsom thinks they can win and they're gaining ground. C10 on the other hand is only losing ground against MD, and we all know why... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Del Oro, St Mary’s, Serra, St Francis, PItt, Modesto CC, Bellarme, CVC,  and so forth... There are a ton of teams in Nor Cal who have Voluntarily played DLS more then 4 times.... 

How many have scheduled DLS 4 years in a row?  

3 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Cen 10 doesn’t travel, but they have hosted teams like IMG, And were supposed to play St Francis this year, and even-though they have to play MD in the playoffs And they still schedule them....

Fair point. I like C10 btw. 

4 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Until Folsom hosts a team like IMG, ST. Francis, etc, don’t compare their scheduling to Cen 10.... I agree with you that Folsom playing DLS is like A regular season game of Cen10 vs MD, but give me a break, Other then 3 years of DLS, Folsom has scheduled straight Garbage like Antelope...

One can only dream. 

4 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Plus @Cossacks is right, Cen 10 has actually won the So Cal DI over Bosco and MD in Back to Back years and has beat MD multiple times..... 

Those teams weren't the MD and Bosco mercenary transfer teams we see these days unfortunately. 

5 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

will give Folsom Credit though, they did schedule MT this year even after losing to them in the playoffs so I applaud that move, that is a terrific opening Matchup in Nor Cal this year!!!....

LOL. I know something something trail gets a lot of flack but they're a good team! I wouldn't be shocked if they beat Folsom again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

They beat Mater Dei way back when they were just  a normal good football team. The team that Rollo produces these days barely breaks a sweat against C10. I've watched the past few years pulling for C10 to keep it close only to be let down by running clocks. 

Folsom has been more competitive as of late against DLS then C10 vs MD.  Believe me Folsom thinks they can win and they're gaining ground. C10 on the other hand is only losing ground against MD, and we all know why... 

Well that is good Folsom believes they can win obviously. Now they just to have to show up and show they can. They showed out well two years ago but the other three contests were over pretty early. Even last year the game to me never seemed in doubt. I  would expect them to win one down the road, but in the previous match ups I just never got the feeling they would win

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

How many have scheduled DLS 4 years in a row?  

Fair point. I like C10 btw. 

One can only dream. 

Those teams weren't the MD and Bosco mercenary transfer teams we see these days unfortunately. 

LOL. I know something something trail gets a lot of flack but they're a good team! I wouldn't be shocked if they beat Folsom again. 

Omg next your gonna tell us Paraclete and st Mary are good teams as well

2 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

What's a Folsom and why should I care?

4 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

In 2018 Folsom was Ranked #1 in Nor Cal with 18 Returning Starters and 10+ D1 players.... DLS had 2 D1 players and A soph QB starting his first game and shut Folsom out...

In 2019, Folsom was Ranked #2 in Nor cal and Joe Davisson from the Sac Bee called Folsom “The Most Talented Team In Nor Cal”... And they had another 8-10 D 1 players.... DLS had none... DLS got out to a 28-0 lead and the game was never in doubt....

So your comparison of MD vs Cen 10 really holds no weight because when you really think about it, when was the last time Cen10 had The same amount of D1 players as MD?....

I will take a guess and say in 2014-15 when they won back to back CIF titles, and I would even bet bet SJB had more D1 players those years then Cen 10....

If you want to give Kudos to Folsom for scheduling DLS when Folsom is the most talented team On the field go ahead... but the reality is Folsom Was by far the most talented team on the field so why wouldn’t they schedule a less talented team that has a 30 year winning streak in Nor Cal?....

That is not how it has gone down with Cen 10 and MD.... MD’s dominance over Cen 10 is due strictly to talent disparity....

Folsom should be more competitive with DLS, especially when they have way more talent... 

Which again is why Folsom belongs on this list.... They are just really afraid to play the Top Competition in CA, they only scheduled DLS in the last Few years, because Folsom has the clear talent advantage and Folsom has nothing to lose... 

Folsom has 8-10 D1’s this year as well... How many D1’s did Del Oro, St Mary’s, Serra, St Francis, Modesto CC or anyone else have when they Voluntarily scheduled DLS more then Folsom has?....

I don’t know the answer but I would guess they all had far less then Folsom has had the last 3 years....

All you Folsom haters should be happy that they seem destined for decline given that this will be season 2 after their coaching staff overhaul, as well as the 1st season after the departure of their three remaining 4 star players. They were certainly beatable last season, as evidenced by their near loss to Oak Ridge and eventual loss to Monterey Trail. They may be even more beatable in 2021.

That said, any team that schedules De La Salle 4 consecutive seasons and counting doesn't belong near the top of any 'safe space' list.

This coming from someone that has been highly critical of their program's unwillingness to challenge themselves (for years) by scheduling teams they might lose to. However that changed slightly a few seasons ago when they added DLS to the preseason schedule and have kept them there.

Could they do better? Absolutely. Is it a tad late? Absolutely. Prior to 2018, they surely deserved a spot near the top of the list. But any program that has DLS on their preseason schedule can't be justified as belonging on that list. Period.

Secondly, you guys love to poke fun at Antelope. But mostly it's because you're not from the area and just have no clue at all. It's easy to dismiss schools you aren't familiar with. But the same can be done to schools from your own area by those not in the know. Make no mistake, your area powers schedule local programs akin to Antelope too.

Antelope is surely not a National or even State power. But they aren't exactly an awful program either. They've only been in existence since 2009, yet have close to a .700 win percentage and no losing seasons to date. Again, they're not Nationally or State relevant but as area programs go, they aren't bad. They've developed some pretty good players over the years, one of which might have a legit shot at the NFL in 2021.

Lastly, circling back to Folsom and their scheduling history. It's interesting to see what's going on in neighboring Elk Grove these days. Three schools in that district have scheduled boat race games against Nationally elite programs.

• Elk Grove travels to De La Salle (TBD, but likely the 2nd game of the season)
  • Monterey Trail hosts St. John Bosco on 2/5 (MT coincidentally plays @ Folsom on 1/8)
  • Cosumnes Oaks travels to Mater Dei on 1/29 (MD is scheduled to travel to Cosumnes Oaks the next season)

Monterey Trail has scheduled, hands down, the most difficult preseason schedule in the area:

• January 8 @ Folsom
  • January 15 vs. Cosumnes Oaks
  • January 29 @ Del Oro
  • February 5 vs St. John Bosco
  • February 12 vs Pittsburg

Now if only Folsom had scheduled like that all these years, right?

Gotta give MT a lot of credit for taking on that schedule.

CO isn't an established heavyweight in the area, but they are an up and comer that's trying hard, as evidenced by their willingness to accept a complete beat down at the hands of Mater Dei.

Pittsburg has been a top NorCal team for many years and among the best Bay area programs not named DLS. They also had the stones to schedule Centennial-Corona in 2017 and 2018.

Del Oro has been up and down the past few years, but they are always a solid area program.

And Folsom will be seeking revenge for their loss to MT in the section semi's last Fall.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

In 2018 Folsom was Ranked #1 in Nor Cal with 18 Returning Starters and 10+ D1 players.... DLS had 2 D1 players and A soph QB starting his first game and shut Folsom out...

2 D-1 players?  I can name more than that if you want to get down to brass tacks.  You and I were both at this game and we both know Folsom looked every bit as good as DLS, I'd argue they looked better. DLS won so there's no sense in rehashing the past but let's no act like Folsom got outclassed because they sure as hell didnt.