Super Teams

Sammyswordsman

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

How many are going to get their ring and go back to their home district school to graduate this year? 

y'all make it sound like its the norm for players to do that.  The kid, and probably his parents, wanted him to graduate early so he could get a head start at LSU.  Most religious schools require religious class credits to graduate.  Usually 2 years worth.  He would not have been able to graduate early had he stayed.  Parents should be able to send their kids to whatever school they want.   I know I have for mine.  Just sayin.

3 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

y'all make it sound like its the norm for players to do that.  The kid, and probably his parents, wanted him to graduate early so he could get a head start at LSU.  Most religious schools require religious class credits to graduate.  Usually 2 years worth.  He would not have been able to graduate early had he stayed.  Parents should be able to send their kids to whatever school they want.   I know I have for mine.  Just sayin.

Those two moved in and moved out. They knew when they moved in the requirements. 

MD got a black eye for it and they deserve it. 

On 10/30/2019 at 7:08 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

Just tyna put out some content to perk up the boards.  The topics have been weak the past couple days.  27 pages on Shadow Creek?

At least I tried.

Bye

Difficult to admit but you actually did a pretty good job of shaking things up.  It has been dull lately.  I find it a sad state of affairs that these so-called "super teams" started up at all.  Being entirely unbiased, one would have to admit that the recruiting of HS talent to the extent that the teams you mention have been successful at it does tip the scales quite a bit in their favor.   It is amazing that teams in Texas can even get into the same conversation which is a testimony to how good football is there.  Of course, having enrollments of 4000 to 6500 kids (e.g., Allen, NS, DV) doesn't hurt.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Like Pops said it was Montana’s son.... From what I remember he was to split time with Blake Wayne and Joe wasn’t happy and moved him to So Cal.... 

Actually, that reminds me, since I am pretty sure that is where Montana transferred to.  You could argue that Oaks was one of the first attempts at a recruited up super team.  I don't remember the year they were founded and I am too lazy to look it up, but they did attempt to become an IMG type of academy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rippers said:

Actually, that reminds me, since I am pretty sure that is where Montana transferred to.  You could argue that Oaks was one of the first attempts at a recruited up super team.  I don't remember the year they were founded and I am too lazy to look it up, but they did attempt to become an IMG type of academy.

Oaks Defiantly had a Super-team going and everyone was complaining about it... They didn’t play a tough schedule, etc....

I am pretty sure Montana’s SR year Oaks lost to Serra Gardenia in the Section title game...

Like you though, I am too lazy to look it all up...🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

This past offseason MD denied more transfer requests than those they accepted. #fact

What matters is which ones they accept.  Not every transfer is likely to be an impact capable player.  I’m sure there are transfers that might only ever see the field during practice.

32 minutes ago, On2whls said:

What matters is which ones they accept.  Not every transfer is likely to be an impact capable player.  I’m sure there are transfers that might only ever see the field during practice.

And there are impactful transfers accepted that come in at the start of football season that check out at the end of football season  while the people involved and close to the program just shrug. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

And there are impactful transfers accepted that come in at the start of football season that check out at the end of football season  while the people involved and close to the program just shrug. 

Those situations were outliers and people connected to the school were not shrugging it off.

Stop bitching and get better 

• Like 1

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

Those situations were outliers and people connected to the school were not shrugging it off.

Stop bitching and get better 

I'm not bitching. Just pointing out how the Number One team in the country operates. Seems like the ones that need to get better aren't on my end. 

Now, kiss my ass. :P

31 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm not bitching. Just pointing out how the Number One team in the country operates. Seems like the ones that need to get better aren't on my end. 

Now, kiss my ass. :P

You’ve been wining all year.  Not a good look.  

Colquitt fans were more enjoyable to be around in 2014.   Maybe it’s because y’all actually had a really good team, and were acknowledged as such 

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Absolutely. Dollars and Criddell were outliers. Nobody is shrugging it off and it went a long way to how things were handled this offseason. As an alumni it was a huge embarrassment and black eye for the program. The reality is that MD danced with the devil and the optics of the situation couldn’t be worse. Yes they accepted those kids who perhaps only intended to attend MD for a semester. But to say that MD willingly sold their soul to win is not the truth. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You’ve been wining all year.  Not a good look.  

Colquitt fans were more enjoyable to be around in 2014.   Maybe it’s because y’all actually had a really good team, and were acknowledged as such 

I'd imagine if not for the full moon aberration in Valdosta earlier this season, then Colquitt would be Top 10 in most polls.

But hey, we stunk it up that night. We are just doing the best we can with those we've got, and trying to win another state championship. The best we could have hoped for was a #4 finish nationally anyways due to the 3 recruiting factories that were guaranteed the top 3 spots before the season ever started.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I'd imagine if not for the full moon aberration in Valdosta earlier this season, then Colquitt would be Top 10 in most polls.

But hey, we stunk it up that night. We are just doing the best we can with those we've got, and trying to win another state championship. The best we could have hoped for was a #4 finish nationally anyways due to the 3 recruiting factories that were guaranteed the top 3 spots before the season ever started.

Hope your team is more focused on Lowndes than you guys are.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

Absolutely. Dollars and Criddell were outliers. Nobody is shrugging it off and it went a long way to how things were handled this offseason. As an alumni it was a huge embarrassment and black eye for the program. The reality is that MD danced with the devil and the optics of the situation couldn’t be worse. Yes they accepted those kids who perhaps only intended to attend MD for a semester. But to say that MD willingly sold their soul to win is not the truth. 

They both came in January and understand what they had to do to graduate early. The thing was a mess and MD Admin won’t let that happen again. Case in point: not only did MD turn away several high profile transfers this year, but they lost a 4️ and a 5️ that transferred out due to not being able to graduate early.

• Like 2