CFB Playoff discussion

ATLien12x

LSU at Alabama   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

3 minutes ago, rockinl said:

IF, Alabama didnt have so many injuries on defense, and Tua was 100%, it's a 14 point Bama win.

Since Alabama is not 100, especially on defense, it's 3 points, and we know the problems Bama has with kickers.

Lewis and company are going to come hard for burrow

Lsu just lost their sack leader. He left the team. 

Patrick surtain and company has to lock down the secondary. 

Najee can help control the clock. Brian robinson as well. 

Tua must get rid of the ball when nobody is open enough of this running around and losing 15 yards. 

49 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Ok. And alabama is giving up less than that and if alabama was to play Vanderbilt I'm not sure vandy score more than 7 and that would be against backups. Lsu defense isnt that good. They gave up a bunch of points to Texas as well who gave up 48 to kansas. 

Bama defense isn't that good either! Hell, Bama caught hell with Tennessee for cryin out loud! Now I do agree that LSU has underachieved on defense this year, but I'm pretty sure they'll get it together this Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Bama defense isn't that good either! Hell, Bama caught hell with Tennessee for cryin out loud! Now I do agree that LSU has underachieved on defense this year, but I'm pretty sure they'll get it together this Saturday. 

They gave up 13 points to Tennessee. And put up 35 points and tua didnt play the whole game 

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Come on now..... we all saw that game. That score is very misleading. Even without Tua, Bama should not be struggling with Tennessee. 

It's a rivalry game. Its Tennessee championship game with a HC that just came from alabama. Alabama is sleep walking through games. They have played nobody of relevance all year outside of maybe TAMU and I'm stretching it there. Alabama is winning comfortable all year. Tua again isnt playing full games and is dealing with injuries and as good as he is he has tendencies that make you very angry. Good luck to LSU CBs and safeties trying to stop waddle jeudy harris robinson and the few times Alabama throws to a TE. And like I said LSU lost their sack leader 

25 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

It's a rivalry game. Its Tennessee championship game with a HC that just came from alabama. Alabama is sleep walking through games. They have played nobody of relevance all year outside of maybe TAMU and I'm stretching it there. Alabama is winning comfortable all year. Tua again isnt playing full games and is dealing with injuries and as good as he is he has tendencies that make you very angry. Good luck to LSU CBs and safeties trying to stop waddle jeudy harris robinson and the few times Alabama throws to a TE. And like I said LSU lost their sack leader 

You think Bama's corners and safeties can stop LSU's receiving core and Edwards-Helaire (who's starting to really come on strong) ? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Don't forget about Joe Burrow's scrambling ability. That's Bama's kryptonite.....a quarterback who's mobile. 

...99% of this forum picked John Curtis over Rummel too...😎

Alabama hasn't exactly played the SEC's elite this year so we will see how it all goes down.

Hard to win in Tuscaloosa though. Gump currently has a 31 game winning streak at Bryant–Denny Stadium. I don't  expect many calls to go our way....they never do in gumpville.

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

Don't forget about Joe Burrow's scrambling ability. That's Bama's kryptonite.....a quarterback who's mobile. 

Joe Burrow has 52 rushes for 126 yards in eight games this season, an astounding 2.6 YPC.  He’s elusive in the pocket but he rarely scrambles as he’s not mobile. 

Ps that narrative is so tired. It’s not Bama’s kryptonite. They beat dual threat QB’s way more often than they lost to them. (It’s not even close) ELITE offenses aka Clemson with an NFL QB (Deshaun Watson) and A&M with a heisman winner and All-Pro WR (Mike Evans) put up points on Alabama. Just as they did everyone else in college football they played. 

2 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Joe Burrow has 52 rushes for 126 yards in eight games this season, an astounding 2.6 YPC.

Some of those 126 yds were for big first downs..  and he has 3 rushing TDs.

Maybe he will rush for 37 yards on gump, but score 2 TDs and pick up some timely first downs.....

Just now, ATLien12x said:

Joe Burrow has 52 rushes for 126 yards in eight games this season, an astounding 2.6 YPC.  He’s elusive in the pocket but he rarely scrambles as he’s not mobile. 

Ps that narrative is so tired. It’s not Bama’s kryptonite. They beat dual threat QB’s way more often than they lost to them. (It’s not even close) ELITE offenses aka Clemson with an NFL QB (Deshaun Watson) and A&M with a heisman winner and All-Pro WR (Mike Evans) put up points on Alabama. Just as they did everyone else in college football they played. 

Okay, big guy.