The No Nonsense Top 50

Omaha Vol

On 11/7/2019 at 11:44 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

Lol.  You honestly need to get out and watch some of these Super teams.

You obviously have no idea of the physical specimens that these team field.

Comments like “debatable” in regards to SFA are just plain dumb and uninformed.

Get better.

Assumption that SFA is better than Dville.

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Simple.  No assumption is necessary.

Based on seeing hundreds of High School football teams, including 2019 SFA (which neither you or Omaha Vol have seen in person), I plugged in the data points and have determined that 2019 SFA is 6 standard deviations better than the ave. High school team.  The chances that DV (which has not been as dominant vs a relevant sample size) is also a 6 Std deviation team, are about 1 in a billion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Simple.  No assumption is necessary.

Based on seeing hundreds of High School football teams, including 2019 SFA (which neither you or Omaha Vol have seen in person), I plugged in the data points and have determined that 2019 SFA is 6 standard deviations better than the ave. High school team.  The chances that DV (which has not been as dominant vs a relevant sample size) is also a 6 Std deviation team, are about 1 in a billion.

😂.  Sammypreps over here crunching numbers.   Maybe, maybe not.

Just now, Columbiafan said:

If you even try to put IMG on same tier as SFA after how badily IMG got embarrassed I'll have to call the commish back over here to review these tiers 

LMAO

IMG was the answer to the cryptic post from yard dart.  Since no specifics were mentioned, I thought he was asking why SFA was in the same Tier as MD

10 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The Tiers are crowd sourced.  We get very little (ie none) contstructive info from Texas guys.

Perhaps you can provide some relevant data which can remedy your initial question next week.

😂. Nice little feature you have built into your tiers, that way you don’t have to ever take blame or answer to the results.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

😂. Nice little feature you have built into your tiers, that way you don’t have to ever take blame or answer to the results.  

Isn’t it, though. He’s been using that as an excuse all season. Plus, he seems certain you have to watch a team live and in person rather than on TV to get a good assessment of said team. 
(Sammy, don’t bring yourself down to Cane’s level). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Omaha Vol said:

Isn’t it, though. He’s been using that as an excuse all season. Plus, he seems certain you have to watch a team live and in person rather than on TV to get a good assessment of said team. 
(Sammy, don’t bring yourself down to Cane’s level). 

Tell us why you swayed the prepgridiron experts to vote for Mission Viejo this week?  Emotions clouding your judgement?  Don't bring yourself down to Extremely Humble level.   Sad that you would sacrifice the boards chances in the contest just to strike at me.

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Tell us why you swayed the prepgridiron experts to vote for Mission Viejo this week?  Emotions clouding your judgement?  Don't bring yourself down to Extremely Humble level.   Sad that you would sacrifice the boards chances in the contest just to strike at me.

Lol. It’s not all about you. As you can see in my rankings I think MV is better than Servite. However, the Diablos are only 20 or so spots ahead of the Friars. That’s only a .001% difference. In other words that game should be very close. 

1 minute ago, Omaha Vol said:

Lol. It’s not all about you. As you can see in my rankings I think MV is better than Servite. However, the Diablos are only 20 or so spots ahead of the Friars. That’s only a .001% difference. In other words that game should be very close. 

There is nothing you can cite to justify ranking MV ahead of Servite, or to pick MV in the pickem.  Which only leaves getting back at me for calling out your misbegotton poll.

19 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

There is nothing you can cite to justify ranking MV ahead of Servite, or to pick MV in the pickem.  Which only leaves getting back at me for calling out your misbegotton poll.

MV has had dominant wins over decent teams in La Habra, Upland and San Clemente. Those wins should be acceptable to you. Yes, Servite did beat SM worse, but you can’t automatically assume they are better because of that one game. This should be a tightly contested game. It wouldn’t shock me at all if Servite won, but I doubt it. 

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

I think it is fair to assume that SFA would beat DV.   Seeing DV and NS in championship game last season, as well as other games, gave us a good look at how those teams play. While the talent is obvious, the lack of defense and sophisticated offense by both those teams would leave me to bet heavily on SFA if they were to play either. SFA has a toughness about them that I don't see in those Texas teams. Their defense is nasty. A one dimensional DV running qb , in my opinion, will not get it done against SFA 

8 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I think it is fair to assume that SFA would beat DV.   Seeing DV and NS in championship game last season, as well as other games, gave us a good look at how those teams play. While the talent is obvious, the lack of defense and sophisticated offense by both those teams would leave me to bet heavily on SFA if they were to play either. SFA has a toughness about them that I don't see in those Texas teams. Their defense is nasty. A one dimensional DV running qb , in my opinion, will not get it done against SFA 

Congrats.  You arrived at the correct conclusion without having to do any Calculus.  Some guys (954gator) insist on math (rather than assumptions) to justify ranking statements, which is why I had to bore everyone with the formula.