Georgia 7A 1st Round Matchups

ECHS05

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Any ideas on how some of it will play out, at least to the quarters?

I see maybe Buford vs. Carrolton in the lower left.

Jones vs. SW Dekalb or Griffin in the top left. 

Top right, Clarke Central vs Warner Robins. 

Have no clue in the lower right. 

Add Dutchtown and Riverwood to your post.

Dutchtown has a little mojo, and Riverwood been expanding and renovating current digs(IDK if it helps) Kell tossup.

BGW

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Good teams in every bracket.

BGW

You know what's funny? Before the Buford/Clarke Central game, my guys (Warner Robins) woulda had the hardest quadrant, but since Clarke Central won, we now have the easiest path to the championship game. Maybe we'll get that Buford vs Warner Robins showdown after all, huh? 

On 11/10/2019 at 1:12 PM, FootballGuy said:

You know what's funny? Before the Buford/Clarke Central game, my guys (Warner Robins) woulda had the hardest quadrant, but since Clarke Central won, we now have the easiest path to the championship game. Maybe we'll get that Buford vs Warner Robins showdown after all, huh? 

Gotta get past Ware, cuz Viper says they are the best since God created Earth... that ware team is so good that Ware folks ran off a proven winner in Coach Franklin Stephens @ McEachern.. Ware is on autopilot.

It's a lock.

Ya'll pray for us FootballDude... tall order.

BGW

• Haha 3

On 11/10/2019 at 1:12 PM, FootballGuy said:

Not quite sure "easiest" would be a word I would use... maybe less strenuous or something something, IDK.

We'll see, won't we.

BGW

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@HawgGoneIt they played Mceachern last week now they have to go back after they lost 49-19... 

At least they know the way.

Maybe they can score 3 tds this time. 

I suppose this is likely an unintended glitch in the at large rule. Basically 5 teams from the same region are getting in. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2019 at 11:02 AM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

JC is 6A they're #1 seed for Region 6-6A 

They actually should win their 1st RD game against Alexander who barely got in At all... 

Upset alert special. All four losses for Alexander this year are against teams better than John’s Creek. Does that mean they’ll be able to win? No. But I wouldn’t count them out because of their 6-4 record. 

Johns Creek has played one good team and they lost by 31. If JC had to play Mays, Newnan, and Creekside they’d also have those same losses. 

2 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

I’m happy North Paulding got the bid because we have a Georgia guy on here that rides with the Wolfpack, but I hate the matchup against a region foe they already played in November. 

The Wolfpack are on life support right now with injuries and off the field stuff the past month or so. Losing their starting QB was the final nail against Hillgrove. 

• Thanks 2

I watched the bracketology show on gpb earlier, and it's crazy how enthusiastic Jon Nelson and Matt Freeman were when they discussed the teams from up north. Whenever people made comments about teams from the south, they'd sound so iffy when discussing how far they'd get....smh. They know most of the champs are gonna come from South Georgia...unless they get screwed. 

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The crazy thing would be, what if it does end up Lowndes vs. Colquitt? 

We have to drive 3 and a half hours to play a football game on a baseball field in Atlanta when our two schools are 45 miles apart.  

The GHSA are faithful readers of this esteemed forum, it's not a conspiracy.🤪

BTW Ron Hornaday makes that trip in 3 1/2 hours... I meant HawgGoneIt... sane law abiding folks in 4 hours...😁

BGW

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

For the record I never said which poster :D 

I actually like the Wolfpack. I just remember @GloryDays screwing with the Colquitt folks over getting them in round 1 back in 2015. He dubbed them North Pudding, and that has stuck with me for some reason. 

I hate that they're banged up and going through some things off field apparently. That blows for them as they get a second shot at McEachern in as many weeks and a playoff entry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2