Louisiana governor vote today

HSFBfan

21 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Your right.  

There was mention the other day on the desire to have a dictatorship in this country and by more than one person.  This, unfortunately for everybody, makes me think we are way past the point of reaching agreement on even the most obvious facts.  

When all truth comes from one person and everybody else is either trying to destroy the country or they bow down and offer loyalty to that person, there is nowhere to go from that starting point.  No compromise from either side When that is a perspective that holds any value.  

Incoherent rant over. 

The truth of the matter is, the country is pretty evenly divided in political ideology. The polarization that fails to fade due to choice of rhetoric one prefers to listen to, read, immerse oneself in is the issue. 

There is a lot of blame to go around, but, messaging is important from leaders. Idc which leaders from which party, unity is important. This country will be virtually ungovernable before long, because nobody... nobody... is open for even a little bit of give. It's apparent when just reading by on here of guys that aren't even in important political positions being unable to come together on anything but bickering. 

It's sickening. The more one realizes that the issues start here. They aren't starting with the president or the speaker or majority leader. They start right here. Those folks mirror you. Mirror us. 

If we are publicly gaslighting the stuff our leaders are doing, then, we have not even a little bit of room to piss and moan. None. 

And going to bed mad because someone you don't like won a seat in a place where you don't even live or have a vote... hahaha. That just shows you how damned toxic politics are today. That people pitch bitch fits like we read in this thread because a gubernatorial election in a state 1500 miles or more away went to someone with a different letter by their name than you like... it would be funny if it wasn't sad. Really sad. 

The mental health and stability of this country is not good. 

• Like 1

I rarely ever am surprised by the stuff I read on this OT section anymore. 

I promise you though, if I post it here, I'd say it right to you in your face too. There are some people on here that need some help mentally. There are others that a nice break and reset would probably do some good, before they end up in the cart with those that need help mentally. 

Primarily at issue is how un-American the tribalism is. It doesn't fade like it used to. Democracy only works when the losing side is willing to accept the defeat dealt to them in an election. Each new cycle sees the fading of that and the voices of division grow louder and longer. 

It's so easy to sow discord now, that it's virtually all there is. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You REALLY think he won’t win LA and KY in 2020? Serious question. 

he will...he's got to...that's his base...all those broke ass southern states...will he still be around come election time??..will the Republicans in then senate grows some balls and find their morals like good Americans should??.....;)

12 hours ago, RedZone said:

There is only ONE "truth" to the #winners..

And, you are seeing that play out perfectly. 

Not much different than the Nixon days...only there were a few Reps who had some balls back then.

Apparently balls suddenly appear if they are not running for office again.  I also think people completely forgot how Republicans went after Trump before he won the primary.  Some pretty bad things were said about him and all true IMO.  They thought of him as most of us did and still do and they probably haven't changed their minds.  

What is different from Nixon's time is Trump's supporters or followers.  They have boxed themselves into a point of view where nothing other than submission to Trump is acceptable.  I think in the 70's the idea of America before party was the accepted norm but not so much now.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The truth of the matter is, the country is pretty evenly divided in political ideology. The polarization that fails to fade due to choice of rhetoric one prefers to listen to, read, immerse oneself in is the issue. 

There is a lot of blame to go around, but, messaging is important from leaders. Idc which leaders from which party, unity is important. This country will be virtually ungovernable before long, because nobody... nobody... is open for even a little bit of give. It's apparent when just reading by on here of guys that aren't even in important political positions being unable to come together on anything but bickering. 

It's sickening. The more one realizes that the issues start here. They aren't starting with the president or the speaker or majority leader. They start right here. Those folks mirror you. Mirror us. 

If we are publicly gaslighting the stuff our leaders are doing, then, we have not even a little bit of room to piss and moan. None. 

And going to bed mad because someone you don't like won a seat in a place where you don't even live or have a vote... hahaha. That just shows you how damned toxic politics are today. That people pitch bitch fits like we read in this thread because a gubernatorial election in a state 1500 miles or more away went to someone with a different letter by their name than you like... it would be funny if it wasn't sad. Really sad. 

The mental health and stability of this country is not good. 

Damn, I do appreciate and miss your well reasoned opinions.  But...I'm right and that's all there is to it.  :D

I do think that there is much to the "they mirror us" idea but also think that much of how we think (or not) is so easily manipulated that it quickly becomes a situation where you can't separate what you think and how manipulation made you feel.  When the narratives from Fox and right wing radio are aligned like they have been the last 25 years with a constant message and that's ones only source of information, it's hard to distinguish what is manipulation and what is more like confirmation bias.  

The left has this to an extent as well but the sources that information comes from is not nearly as limited and has more competition and because of that more fact checking which makes it more likely to be true.  I also think that there are many who are willing to give a little and compromise, just not from the starting point that Trump supporters demand, which is unquestioning loyalty.   And at the expense of reason.

People ultimately have to take responsibility for their own thoughts and feelings and actions but until they have to they won't.  

15 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Damn, I do appreciate and miss your well reasoned opinions.  But...I'm right and that's all there is to it.  :D

I do think that there is much to the "they mirror us" idea but also think that much of how we think (or not) is so easily manipulated that it quickly becomes a situation where you can't separate what you think and how manipulation made you feel.  When the narratives from Fox and right wing radio are aligned like they have been the last 25 years with a constant message and that's ones only source of information, it's hard to distinguish what is manipulation and what is more like confirmation bias.  

The left has this to an extent as well but the sources that information comes from is not nearly as limited and has more competition and because of that more fact checking which makes it more likely to be true.  I also think that there are many who are willing to give a little and compromise, just not from the starting point that Trump supporters demand, which is unquestioning loyalty.   And at the expense of reason.

People ultimately have to take responsibility for their own thoughts and feelings and actions but until they have to they won't.  

I laughed out loud reading the above.  

While there may be ratings competition amongst the leftist alphabet soup media outlets and the likes of the NYT and WaPo,  there certainly is not ideological conflict.  It's been more a race to the left.

And fact-checking? Really? What magic potion is it that makes these people truly objective?

We just had our nation dragged through two+ years of bullshit hell due to the clear, coordinated and unquestioned alignment of one certain political party and ideology with the great majority of our so-called media "news" outlets - that are in actuality little more than cheerleaders and propaganda outlets for the party they support. Truth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, concha said:

I laughed out loud reading the above.  

While there may be ratings competition amongst the leftist alphabet soup media outlets and the likes of the NYT and WaPo,  there certainly is not ideological conflict.  It's been more a race to the left.

And fact-checking? Really? What magic potion is it that makes these people truly objective?..when you don't live in a world with "alternative" facts it's actually very easy...🙄

We just had our nation dragged through two+ years of bullshit hell due to the clear, coordinated and unquestioned alignment of one certain political party and ideology with the great majority of our so-called media "news" outlets - that are in actuality little more than cheerleaders and propaganda outlets for the party/ideology they support THE "Truth".

..truth...😉

Politically speaking, there is always a next. 

It's so important for us all to remember that. If one side does this, the next time the other side has any power, there will be retribution. Every time. It may or may not be right, but, it's coming. 

We've created this political mess. Whether we believe one news outlet over another, or get our news straight from twitter. People demand certain things of their leaders, but, the leaders choose to only work for the people that checked the box by their name at the polling place. Hardly any are working for America. Maybe nigh on none of them.

Then the reason why none, is because of idiots like the ones pitching a bitch fit in this thread because, a guy they couldn't even go to the polls for, won an election in a state they don't even live in, those types mobilize with the loudest voices, following ill intent bots and creating garbage rhetoric on sites like twitter and here. 

People are investing emotional capital in elections they aren't even close to being a part of. Guys in New Jersey hate  Nancy Pelosi to the point they have fire in their eyes about her, but, they can't do a damned thing about her, because voters from a land far far away like her and vote here in cycle after cycle. Stuff like that. It's silly for one thing. It's not good for mental stability or America as whole for another.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Politically speaking, there is always a next. 

It's so important for us all to remember that. If one side does this, the next time the other side has any power, there will be retribution. Every time. It may or may not be right, but, it's coming. 

We've created this political mess. Whether we believe one news outlet over another, or get our news straight from twitter. People demand certain things of their leaders, but, the leaders choose to only work for the people that checked the box by their name at the polling place. Hardly any are working for America. Maybe nigh on none of them.

Then the reason why none, is because of idiots like the ones pitching a bitch fit in this thread because, a guy they couldn't even go to the polls for, won an election in a state they don't even live in, those types mobilize with the loudest voices, following ill intent bots and creating garbage rhetoric on sites like twitter and here. 

People are investing emotional capital in elections they aren't even close to being a part of. Guys in New Jersey hate  Nancy Pelosi to the point they have fire in their eyes about her, but, they can't do a damned thing about her, because voters from a land far far away like her and vote here in cycle after cycle. Stuff like that. It's silly for one thing. It's not good for mental stability or America as whole for another.

So there's no reason to point out to Dems who spike the ball that that neither the KY nor the LA results were particularly earth-shattering, despite the left and MSM acting like they were something no Democrat had ever achieved?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, concha said:

So there's no reason to point out to Dems who spike the ball that that neither the KY nor the LA results were particularly earth-shattering, despite the left and MSM acting like they were something no Democrat had ever achieved?

Nah, nor is there any good reason to throw a fit about how Louisiana voters voted when you live in New Jersey either. 

xD

Seems to me, tit for tat. Just like always. One guy created a thread and gives an emotional play by play of an election he has little control over and then after suffering a beat, gets clapped back upon. He probably deserves the clap back though...

Now spread that nationally. 

It's dumb.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1