SJR vs Bosco

SJR89

20 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Bro, with two national championships, there were many bigger games played than tomorrow! 

seriously. this was a good one, but not a big game that will be remembered in Bosco's football annals

a true Bosco fan cares about that being to 10 nationally, and shooting for MNCs.  State Chips are a nice consolation prize, but in a state like NJ, big deal.  we not Tx, Fla, or Cali where state titles really matter

these "new" NJ teams grab Power-5 players and do shit with them

Sabella's gonna grab them if these schools keep setting their horizons so low and coaching poorly

so, big deal, we beat 2x a team in their house both times.  what did that team do this year that made them so special such that beating them 2x is such a big deal?  when we won a MNC in '11, we beat them 42-0 at home, and knocked their QB out of the game.  they were a top-100 team then, and we abused them mercilessly.  so now Joes is still a top-100 team but with so much more talent yet only beating Serra by 11, land losing to multi-loss SHP, and losing to 4-loss Bosco 2x at home.

did anyone read the thread entitled, NJ's a Hot Mess?  I tried to help Whiteshoes out, but he wasn't ready yet.  Sammy Baby gets it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StJoesFanboy said:

Samosa,

I agree.  I'm just happy to be here.  The way they manhandled J Serra by 11 scared the daylights out of me.

They have the best OL, QB, and RB in the State.  The best HC in the state.  The best wins (Serra & SPP)  in the State.  They're tight as a unit again.  No more losing to the SHPs of the world.  They're done with that.

They beat in a very meaningful game SPP who just manhandled by 7ish  points 2 top South Jersey teams. 

Serra finished nicely at 6-5.  No shame in losing to Cent 56-0.  Cent thereafter showed their mettle and held their own against SJB 52-14.  Don Bosco got lucky the last time 35-14, and now, Joes is going to put their feets on Bosco's necks.  No one's pointing it out, but that will make it impossible to score and effectively play D.  I think it's illegal, btw.

This is shaping up for an unmitigated disaster.  I'd forfeit now, and say the bus broke down or something, the driver got lost going to Joes Metuchen--I don't know--I don't have all the answers.

Sammy, you get it, right?  It's not hard of you watch some games and pay attention

Kyle left the game after his 2nd carry limping badly.  he only came back 2 Qs later to run 1 play--all 3 up the middle, as he couldn't cut or plant that foot.  He was the last guy to run in before the game, and his limp was extremely noticeable to everyone there, though understandably not to those watching on TV.  He was finished before he started.

As Troll will tell us, ankle ligaments don't heal overnight

1 hour ago, taojoe said:

He was playing 

Wypler was playing both ways.  Vanover was unstoppable.  Monte played a nice game.  QB's pass for TD was perfect.  Estime is tough.  Joes probably should have gone outside more.

But the Defenses were very stout, and the Os were not Cali-like.  Berger maybe got 3 touches in the 1st half, and 7 or more in the 2nd.  Probably a big mistake.

Joes could beat Bosco next week.  Their pass rush was too much for Bosco.  But Bosco hung in.

22 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

Bitter pill to swallow....seems like our whole first half was a waste....never got into rhythm.....would question our 2 pt play...was in our end but was hard to see...will watch replay etc..... well that’s a wrap....hats off to Bosco. And Sabella .....

could have easily gone the other way.  both would win a handful in a 10-game series, and maybe Joes would win the majority

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

I take it SJR had more turnovers and penalties? 

Bosco was penalized a ton too.  Could be equal.  Maybe Joes had more.  Some at the end.

This was not the 35-14 game.  That fumble recovery for 6 was most of Bosco's O, which really couldn't deliver inside Joes' 10.  But Joes deserves the credit for that.  Their rush was non-stop.  A lot of penetration.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

could have easily gone the other way.  both would win a handful in a 10-game series, and maybe Joes would win the majority

With all respect... wtf? 

Bosco won 2 games both on the road. The odds that Joe's would win 6 of 8 to get to your 6 in 10 number is, well, DJ stupid! Lol

Great game to watch. Two good teams. Much respect to SJR. The second best program in the history of NJ. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Today was proof that Monangai himself is worth 14-21 points per game. #playmaker 

Maybe 7-10 today.  Joes' D was tough, more so against the pass, but still tough.  Bosco needed more from the passing game to open up the run.  But I agree with you point

when they let Jalen run off tackle, he can up w/ some big runs, but they only gave him a shot in the 2nd half

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, noonereal said:

With all respect... wtf? 

Bosco won 2 games both on the road. The odds that Joe's would win 6 of 8 to get to your 6 in 10 number is, well, DJ stupid! Lol

Great game to watch. Two good teams. Much respect to SJR. The second best program in the history of NJ. 

good points.  i'm probably giving Bosco too little credit.  The scoreboard means something and to some, everything.

I don't really count too much the 1st, 35-14, game, and I should.

I was thinking they'd play 9 or 10 more, to the extent I even thought about it.

Hey, Bosco's only TD was a fumble recovery, and Joes almost tied it.  Joes is the more dominant team--clearly.  Great program.  I'm jealous of the talent they now get--and BC, too, relative to Bosco.

But winning 2x on the road is impressive.  They never quit, and to get thru the season, and then BC and Joes ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I take it SJR had more turnovers and penalties? 

I think joe’s only had the 2 back-to-back turnovers in the first half, but the first one, Jile’s fumble return, was enough to beat them.

Bosco was killing themselves with penalties, especially in the first half, had a few more in the second, but Joe’s did have several of their own in the 2nd half.  Still, Bosco i’m sure had way more penalty yards, and joe’s safety was really thanks to a Bosco holding penalty on the previous play.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, taojoe said:

I think joe’s only had the 2 back-to-back turnovers in the first half, but the first one, Jile’s fumble return, was enough to beat them.

Bosco was killing themselves with penalties, especially in the first half, had a few more in the second, but Joe’s did have several of their own in the 2nd half.  Still, Bosco i’m sure had way more penalty yards, and joe’s safety was really thanks to a Bosco holding penalty on the previous play.

Thanks for the play by play taojoe...GSB might have lost his job!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

In the big scheme of things, shouldn't the school with 500 more boys win these games most of the time? 

That requires a pretty big assumption about the student body.  If both schools had pre-determined districts, then yes.  But boys choose to attend these schools.  Some for football. Others for different reasons.  I would venture to guess SJR brought in more “talented” football players in the last 4 years. But it was decided on the field. 2x. Both in Montvale. And the Ironmen showed well. I think Sabella will be a force to deal with in the old Big North 

• Like 2

Great defensive game by both teams. I know people will kill the offense on both teams. Maybe they looked bas because the defenses played awesome. Players flying all around.

Officials terrible BOTH ways. Was told the state brings these guys in from 150 miles away. Different football. Best of luck to Bosco and Prep in the finals.  When was the last time SJR Bosco and BC had 4 loses ? 

On a side note the bosco parents need to learn some class. Terrible in the stands act one like you won before and two grow up your not kids.  Food stand at SJR always great.   

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FROSTEDFLAKES said:

Great defensive game by both teams. I know people will kill the offense on both teams. Maybe they looked bas because the defenses played awesome. Players flying all around.

Officials terrible BOTH ways. Was told the state brings these guys in from 150 miles away. Different football. Best of luck to Bosco and Prep in the finals.  When was the last time SJR Bosco and BC had 4 loses ? 

On a side note the bosco parents need to learn some class. Terrible in the stands act one like you won before and two grow up your not kids.  Food stand at SJR always great.   

I have to generally agree on the stands.  Lately, the Bosco parents are having a blast and are funny (IMHO), but what you say has merit.

I sat in the Joes section today, and they were fine.  Though they had been like the Bosco fans, whom you described today, against SPP, but that was unusual.  They have great parents.

The BC parents have class.

But I've seen them all have their moments.  I've seen almost-fights b/w Joes parents this yr.  I've seen BC parents 3-4 yrs ago look for fights against Bosco parents at Bosco.

I think these are not the norm over the years.  and it depends where you sit.  the Bosco parents who work the food stands are great, as are the Joes parents.

I would rank the students differently, but that's not relevant to your legit post.

It's a shame

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Today was proof that Monangai himself is worth 14-21 points per game. #playmaker 

You really sound crazy just say a great team win because you didn’t watch the game Berger had they given him the ball more the 7 times would have been over 51 yards but that bosco Defense was great today also with that key run from Berger 

• Like 2