Jump to content

SJR vs Bosco


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

Bitter pill to swallow....seems like our whole first half was a waste....never got into rhythm.....would question our 2 pt play...was in our end but was hard to see...will watch replay etc..... well that’s a wrap....hats off to Bosco. And Sabella .....

 

could have easily gone the other way.  both would win a handful in a 10-game series, and maybe Joes would win the majority

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

go fuck yourself  

@noonereal is gonna tell you Bosco is gonna win because he is one smart motherfucker. 

Posted Images

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

I take it SJR had more turnovers and penalties? 

Bosco was penalized a ton too.  Could be equal.  Maybe Joes had more.  Some at the end.

This was not the 35-14 game.  That fumble recovery for 6 was most of Bosco's O, which really couldn't deliver inside Joes' 10.  But Joes deserves the credit for that.  Their rush was non-stop.  A lot of penetration.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

Bosco was penalized a ton too.  Could be equal.  Maybe Joes had more.  Some at the end.

This was not the 35-14 game.  That fumble recovery for 6 was most of Bosco's O, which really couldn't deliver inside Joes' 10.  But Joes deserves the credit for that.  Their rush was non-stop.  A lot of penetration.

Today was proof that Monangai himself is worth 14-21 points per game. #playmaker 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

could have easily gone the other way.  both would win a handful in a 10-game series, and maybe Joes would win the majority

With all respect... wtf? 

Bosco won 2 games both on the road. The odds that Joe's would win 6 of 8 to get to your 6 in 10 number is, well, DJ stupid! Lol

Great game to watch. Two good teams. Much respect to SJR. The second best program in the history of NJ. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

With all respect... wtf? 

Bosco won 2 games both on the road. The odds that Joe's would win 6 of 8 to get to your 6 in 10 number is, well, DJ stupid! Lol

Great game to watch. Two good teams. Much respect to SJR. The second best program in the history of NJ. 

In the big scheme of things, shouldn't the school with 500 more boys win these games most of the time? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Today was proof that Monangai himself is worth 14-21 points per game. #playmaker 

Maybe 7-10 today.  Joes' D was tough, more so against the pass, but still tough.  Bosco needed more from the passing game to open up the run.  But I agree with you point

when they let Jalen run off tackle, he can up w/ some big runs, but they only gave him a shot in the 2nd half

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, noonereal said:

With all respect... wtf? 

Bosco won 2 games both on the road. The odds that Joe's would win 6 of 8 to get to your 6 in 10 number is, well, DJ stupid! Lol

Great game to watch. Two good teams. Much respect to SJR. The second best program in the history of NJ. 

good points.  i'm probably giving Bosco too little credit.  The scoreboard means something and to some, everything.

I don't really count too much the 1st, 35-14, game, and I should.

I was thinking they'd play 9 or 10 more, to the extent I even thought about it.

Hey, Bosco's only TD was a fumble recovery, and Joes almost tied it.  Joes is the more dominant team--clearly.  Great program.  I'm jealous of the talent they now get--and BC, too, relative to Bosco.

But winning 2x on the road is impressive.  They never quit, and to get thru the season, and then BC and Joes ....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I take it SJR had more turnovers and penalties? 

I think joe’s only had the 2 back-to-back turnovers in the first half, but the first one, Jile’s fumble return, was enough to beat them.

 Bosco was killing themselves with penalties, especially in the first half, had a few more in the second, but Joe’s did have several of their own in the 2nd half.  Still, Bosco i’m sure had way more penalty yards, and joe’s safety was really thanks to a Bosco holding penalty on the previous play.

  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, taojoe said:

I think joe’s only had the 2 back-to-back turnovers in the first half, but the first one, Jile’s fumble return, was enough to beat them.

 Bosco was killing themselves with penalties, especially in the first half, had a few more in the second, but Joe’s did have several of their own in the 2nd half.  Still, Bosco i’m sure had way more penalty yards, and joe’s safety was really thanks to a Bosco holding penalty on the previous play.

Thanks for the play by play taojoe...GSB might have lost his job!!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

In the big scheme of things, shouldn't the school with 500 more boys win these games most of the time? 

That requires a pretty big assumption about the student body.  If both schools had pre-determined districts, then yes.  But boys choose to attend these schools.  Some for football. Others for different reasons.  I would venture to guess SJR brought in more “talented” football players in the last 4 years. But it was decided on the field. 2x. Both in Montvale. And the Ironmen showed well. I think Sabella will be a force to deal with in the old Big North 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great defensive game by both teams. I know people will kill the offense on both teams. Maybe they looked bas because the defenses played awesome. Players flying all around.

Officials terrible BOTH ways. Was told the state brings these guys in from 150 miles away. Different football. Best of luck to Bosco and Prep in the finals.  When was the last time SJR Bosco and BC had 4 loses ? 

On a side note the bosco parents need to learn some class. Terrible in the stands act one like you won before and two grow up your not kids.  Food stand at SJR always great.   

  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FROSTEDFLAKES said:

Great defensive game by both teams. I know people will kill the offense on both teams. Maybe they looked bas because the defenses played awesome. Players flying all around.

Officials terrible BOTH ways. Was told the state brings these guys in from 150 miles away. Different football. Best of luck to Bosco and Prep in the finals.  When was the last time SJR Bosco and BC had 4 loses ? 

On a side note the bosco parents need to learn some class. Terrible in the stands act one like you won before and two grow up your not kids.  Food stand at SJR always great.   

I have to generally agree on the stands.  Lately, the Bosco parents are having a blast and are funny (IMHO), but what you say has merit.

I sat in the Joes section today, and they were fine.  Though they had been like the Bosco fans, whom you described today, against SPP, but that was unusual.  They have great parents.

The BC parents have class.

But I've seen them all have their moments.  I've seen almost-fights b/w Joes parents this yr.  I've seen BC parents 3-4 yrs ago look for fights against Bosco parents at Bosco.

I think these are not the norm over the years.  and it depends where you sit.  the Bosco parents who work the food stands are great, as are the Joes parents.

I would rank the students differently, but that's not relevant to your legit post.

It's a shame

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, FROSTEDFLAKES said:

Great defensive game by both teams. I know people will kill the offense on both teams. Maybe they looked bas because the defenses played awesome. Players flying all around.

Officials terrible BOTH ways. Was told the state brings these guys in from 150 miles away. Different football. Best of luck to Bosco and Prep in the finals.  When was the last time SJR Bosco and BC had 4 loses ? 

On a side note the bosco parents need to learn some class. Terrible in the stands act one like you won before and two grow up your not kids.  Food stand at SJR always great.   

#parity

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...