'85 Bears vs '86 Giants

ChimpGrip

9 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Bears. Giants offense was not elite, and that is what it would have took to beat that bear team, along with of course, an elite defense. Giants Defense was elite though

Agree. It took an elite offense like Dan Marino’s Dolphins to get the only win over the Bears that year. I remember watching that game as a kid. It was MNF back when that was the best game of the week. 

11 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Bears. Giants offense was not elite, and that is what it would have took to beat that bear team, along with of course, an elite defense. Giants Defense was elite though

Here’s an interesting question- 

How good would the '89 Niners have been if they had Dan Marino rather than Joe Montana?

Or better yet, the '85 Bears with Marino and Jerry Rice?

6 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Here’s an interesting question- 

How good would the '89 Niners have been if they had Dan Marino rather than Joe Montana?

Or better yet, the '85 Bears with Marino and Jerry Rice?

Montana was a better fit for the west coast offense in my opinion. Montana could roll out pretty well, though not as good as Young. To me, Young was the perfect fit for niners and offense reached it's zenith with him. He  had a stronger arm than Montana also, and the deep threat to Rice and Taylor , as well as his running ability, made that offense almost unstoppable