Nike: The Opening Workouts

NYHSFAN33

42 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Not too sure about what this is exactly, but this particular regional event took place in NJ:

C-tR0wpXgAAmwjp.jpg

Not bad at all. Top NJ Regional "123.27 score" falls just outside the National Top 20...

RB from St Aug had the best score at NOLA Regional with a 124.20.

We have owned the Opening winning 3 of the last 6 Nike Openings Titles. Won't win it this year.

Nike Opening Leaderboard

You can see all the regional results and get further info at that site. Top scores and invites go to Oregon for the Championship.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Not bad at all. Top NJ Regional "123.27 score" falls just outside the National Top 20...

RB from St Aug had the best score at NOLA Regional with a 124.20.

We have owned the Opening winning 3 of the last 6 Nike Openings Titles. Won't win it this year.

Nike Opening Leaderboard

You can see all the regional results and get further info at that site. Top scores and invites go to Oregon for the Championship.

Cool thanks.  Sounds like a good workout to gain national exposure for some of these kids

3 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Cool thanks.  Sounds like a good workout to gain national exposure for some of these kids

Not sure if you are NY Giants fan, but Safety Landon Collins won this event in 2011. He's from Geismar, LA (Dutchtown  High) went on to Alabama then the Giants....

and is doing well in NY.

usatsi_9693813-copy.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Not sure if you are NY Giants fan, but Safety Landon Collins won this event in 2011. He's from Geismar, LA (Dutchtown  High) went on to Alabama then the Giants....

and is doing well in NY.

usatsi_9693813-copy.jpg

He had a great year last season.  The whole defense played well for the most part and he was a huge part of it.

• Like 1

Brevard County reps;

5      Hawkins, Javian             WR    Cocoa - FL           5-8    167    
130  Green, Antoine               WR    Rockledge - FL     6-2    185    
243  Lyons, Tyrese                 RB     Palm Bay - FL      5-6    144    

• Like 1

Nike has a good one going with this Opening Event.  UA and Adidas have their own versions as well. So many kids show up and yes a slight few actually develop into STAR power.  Most do not but their dream is their dream.  I have attended a few and it is amazing the conversations the kids have regarding how important they believe events like this are to their football beyond high school career. 

I admit I have seen some pretty amazing athletes, catches, juke moves, etc. and in the end for the most part I see t-shirt and shorts all stars.  I weigh everyday work ethic, attitude, dedication and most importantly real football playing ahead of events like this.  I have seen plenty from both ends projected multi-star to no-stars come and go at the end of the day.  Put on the pads and it all changes, multi-stars turn into no-stars and NO-stars turn into Multi-stars.

Enjoy the event for what it is, a showcase that may get a kid an opportunity, but by no means are events like this the end all regarding a kids talent or lack of.

That being said I still go for the show.

24 minutes ago, JustMe said:

Nike has a good one going with this Opening Event.  UA and Adidas have their own versions as well. So many kids show up and yes a slight few actually develop into STAR power.  Most do not but their dream is their dream.  I have attended a few and it is amazing the conversations the kids have regarding how important they believe events like this are to their football beyond high school career. 

I admit I have seen some pretty amazing athletes, catches, juke moves, etc. and in the end for the most part I see t-shirt and shorts all stars.  I weigh everyday work ethic, attitude, dedication and most importantly real football playing ahead of events like this.  I have seen plenty from both ends projected multi-star to no-stars come and go at the end of the day.  Put on the pads and it all changes, multi-stars turn into no-stars and NO-stars turn into Multi-stars.

Enjoy the event for what it is, a showcase that may get a kid an opportunity, but by no means are events like this the end all regarding a kids talent or lack of.

That being said I still go for the show.

Hawkins, Javian    5

WR    Cocoa - FL    5-8    167      4.36

This guy was part of the show that put Cocoa over the top as a Jr. last year. Howard Stewart has the best offers for Cocoa so far. We will have to wait and see who shines this coming season. May be a transfer, or a freshman, who knows? Dada White was an 8th grader last year and started every varsity game at NG. He was the top Florida RB as a 12 year old. One of the fastest athlete's I've coached, ever.  He will have a chance this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Hawkins, Javian    5

WR    Cocoa - FL    5-8    167      4.36

This guy was part of the show that put Cocoa over the top as a Jr. last year. Howard Stewart has the best offers for Cocoa so far. We will have to wait and see who shines this coming season. May be a transfer, or a freshman, who knows? Dada White was an 8th grader last year and started every varsity game at NG. He was the top Florida RB as a 12 year old. One of the fastest athlete's I've coached, ever.  He will have a chance this year.

DADA!!   FREAK of Nature.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...