NPG4 CHAMPIONSHIP Bosco 14 vs Spp21 FINAL

I AM IRONMAN

11 hours ago, FROSTEDFLAKES said:

for the last 6 weeks on this board Bosco was Ohio state - they should have won tonight. Give credit to Hanson he found a way .  Bates had 7 touches - 7 too many. Was a great season as always to watch in this conference 

This game reminded me of the SPP-PC game that PC won.  Winbush was a Jr, got hurt, and was out for the 2nd half.  SPP went 1 dimensional, and it wasn't like Winbush when he was in was lighting up the scoreboard.

SPP maybe would have lost even w/ Winbush, IMO, though SPP fans on this board with kids on the team said w/o a doubt that SPP with Winbush as a Jr was better than SPP was with Winbush as a Sr.  Who knows?  That later SPP team waxed PC the next yr.  It was a beat down.

My point is that, once Winbush was out, SPP's running backup QB was 1 dimensional (was the backup QB Corey Caddle, a WR?), and PC ate them up, stopping the run after a bit. 

That yr, SPP had NFL Jr Minkah, NFL RB Sr Hilliman, Jr Caddle, Sr Cox, Soph Gray, Soph Huber, Jr Tolentino, Soph Boykin.  Hilliman as a RB is EASILY comparable to Berger as a RB.  Hilliman was nullified. 

Did you see SPP's front 7 THIS year?  They under-performed, but that's a very good group.

20 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Yeah, but SPP took it from them fair and square.  SPP didn't get lucky, unless you call the injuries lucky.  It hurts, but SPP earned it. 

With Sabella, that team played to their potential.  You have to go thru BC and Joes, both a 2nd time???  SPP tip toes in.  Kyle & Robbins out.  Game over.  1 dimensional, and asking the D to do a lot against a very good SPP offense.  Bosco's D kept SPP's offense out of the end zone for almost 3.5 quarters.  Batts was yanked after 2.5 yrs as starting QB for a reason, but that kid is a great kid and terrific on D.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

If it was SJR vs SPP 

SJR would be this years state champs 😞🥺😩😫😖😣😔😟😕🤬

maybe.  but maybe Bosco wins if Kyle and Robbins play

a lot of if's, if we play that game

I guess Bosco didn't do enough to earn your respect, which seems hard to come by

the 4th most-talented team, or worse, does some damage in NJ, and almost wins it all, with a 1st-yr coach, and you're talking about Joes?

https://twitter.com/VarsityAces/status/1201152345398292480?s=20

Coach Hansen, congrats on your win, but you sound like a total ass clown here.  

Your school is one of the oldest (if not the oldest) and most storied Catholic prep schools in the state.  Your endowment is probably the largest (SHP and Bosco are probably your only competitors).  Your program is based out of a brand new, state-of-the-art, multimillion dollar athletic center.  Your school is located in arguably one of the hottest real estate markets in NJ if not the northeast.  

Get over your f’in self.

Edit: SJ Fanboy did remind me of Delbarton, which may be the richest out of all of them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StJoesFanboy said:

I guess Bosco didn't do enough to earn your respect, which seems hard to come by

the 4th most-talented team, or worse, does some damage in NJ, and almost wins it all, with a 1st-yr coach, and you're talking about Joes?

I think joes beats SPP as well. No slight toward bosco.  Styles make games. Fir years bosco couldn't beat PC but would smack Joe's,  who would smack PC. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Your school is one of the oldest (if not the oldest) and most storied catholic prep schools in the state.  Your endowment is probably the largest (SHP and Bosco are probably your only competitors).  Your program is based out of a brand new, state-of-the-art, multimillion dollar athletic center.  Your school is located in arguably one of the hottest real estate markets in NJ if not the northeast.  

Get over your f’in self.

great post.  Berger et al. had silver spoons, yeah right.  when I was Marist, Prep had the richer, nerdy kids from Hudson Cty (good kids though), along with the commuters from the likes of Summit and Livingston.  Great school--don't get me wrong.  Back then, the best alumni network in NJ.  Delbarton might have caught up, too, btw.  But that guy ...?

and I know that it sounds crazy and wrong, but at 53, I can strongly argue that a silver spoon ruins kids, or does them a disservice.  I was working-class poor below the poverty line (e.g., my family had no car during my teenage yrs) and that made life easier in the sense that I had to get up everyday, work 2 part-time jobs while commuting to college in NYC, and move ahead.  my privileged kids ... let's see how they do.  they're smarter and have more advantages, but those advantages eviscerate a lot of what it takes "to get ahead," which I'm not saying is morally good

This is a line of BS meant to drive a wedge b/w richer & poorer.  A past PC coach used to give those kind of speeches to rile the kids.

• Like 1

😀

12 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

I think joes beats SPP as well. Mo slight toward bosco.  Styles make games. Fir years bosco couldn't beat PC but would smack Joe's,  who would smack PC. 

Joes had more talent and was deeper than SPP

Bosco's losses to PC after the 1st '13 game on TV were always super close, and mostly down-to-the wire heart breakers.  PC never choked--which is saying a lot.  But they had talent all over the place, as you used to point out and recently pointed out.  (I still remember the Slim Reaper.)

Sabella stepped into two made-to-order situations at both PC and Bosco.  When the cupboard went bare on him at PC he jumped to the publics after one season.  Is he at Bosco for the long-run?  This'll mean he's gonna have to start recruiting kids -- something he's never done before.  Will he do this, or simply jump back to the safety of the publics again and wait for another situation where he can come in and coach a loaded team?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, elKakador said:

Sabella stepped into two made-to-order situations at both PC and Bosco.  When the cupboard went bare on him at PC he jumped to the publics after one season.  Is he at Bosco for the long-run?  This'll mean he's gonna have to start recruiting kids -- something he's never done before.  Will he do this, or simply jump back to the safety of the publics again and wait for another situation where he can come in and coach a loaded team?

a lot of very good points

Bosco, as best as I can tell, is not 100% into recruitment.  So, no one can't characterize the next 10 yrs accurately, but i suspect that they'll keep coming up short with some bad seasons in b/w

The recipe for most seems to be grab some 5 stars, and get hired by a college who thinks the 5 stars will follow you

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

a lot of very good points

Bosco, as best as I can tell, is not 100% into recruitment.  So, no one can't characterize the next 10 yrs accurately, but i suspect that they'll keep coming up short with some bad seasons in b/w

The recipe for most seems to be grab some 5 stars, and get hired by a college who thinks the 5 stars will follow you

Bosco and BC will continue to get their share of kids who want to go to those schools while Auggie will continue to wheel and deal.  Competition among the 3 will almost always remain present.  SPP will continue to get more than their share of athletes from JC/Newark/Elizabeth areas.  The real question is how long PC and DePaul can hang around as teams and, more existentially, as schools

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Your school is one of the oldest (if not the oldest) and most storied Catholic prep schools in the state.  Your endowment is probably the largest (SHP and Bosco are probably your only competitors).  Your program is based out of a brand new, state-of-the-art, multimillion dollar athletic center.  Your school is located in arguably one of the hottest real estate markets in NJ if not the northeast.  

Get over your f’in self.

Edit: SJ Fanboy did remind me of Delbarton, which may be the richest out of all of them.

Most notably, he wanted no part of having to play more than one of the Bergen County “silver spoons” in win and advance tourney 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NJ2015 said:

Bosco and BC will continue to get their share of kids who want to go to those schools while Auggie will continue to wheel and deal.  Compete among the 3 will almost always remain present.  SPP will continue to get more than their share of athletes from JC/Newark/Elizabeth areas.  The real question is how long PC and DePaul can hang around as teams and, more existentially, as schools

PC is a big school. And co-ed.  I can’t imagine they go down that quickly?  But DePaul I agree.

3 hours ago, StJoesFanboy said:

I think they win if kyle plays but Robbins plays in the first half when they had great field position and still did not score. 

2 hours ago, elKakador said:

RETWEET!!!