NPG4 CHAMPIONSHIP Bosco 14 vs Spp21 FINAL

I AM IRONMAN

21 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

@taojoe will you be posting updates? 

@GardenStateBaller sorry, was out all afternoon and evening, unable to watch.

Re: Rich Hansen...revealed himself to be a coward and a poor winner during the post-season, both at the seeding meeting and with his asinine post-game comments.  Perhaps I should say 'confirmed" rather than "revealed."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

PC is the largest Catholic, co-ed high school in NJ. It ain’t going anywhere. They’ll always be a demand. 

For grins, I’ll  bet you steak dinner it’s gone by 2030. Demand for parochial education has been waning.  Is DePaul cash flow positive?  What is PC’s financial situation? There will always be a place for single sex school options. I look at the LI schools and the coed ones seem to be getting hit pretty hard in the last decade 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NJ2015 said:

For grins, I’ll  bet you steak dinner it’s gone by 2030. Demand for parochial education has been waning.  Is DePaul cash flow positive?  What is PC’s financial situation? There will always be a place for single sex school options. I look at the LI schools and the coed ones seem to be getting hit pretty hard in the last decade 

Honestly this isn’t a bad bet to take for almost any Catholic school by us.  Even if I had a son To send to Bergen it’s pushing $20k/year now...never mind 14 years from now.  My wife and I do pretty well, but throw that in, plus property taxes which fund great public school, plus saving for college.  Who is gonna be able to afford that?

29 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Kids can attend PC for less than half that amount. It’s a tremendous bargain for those families that want a faith-based high school education for their children. I agree that the more expensive, all-male schools could definitely pose larger fiscal barriers for some. 

I live in one of the highest taxed towns in BC with one of the most reputable, blue ribbon public high schools in the state. I paid full tuition at DBP for all four years and we wouldn’t change a thing. There’s a marked difference in the True Gentlemen that those schools produce. It’s evident each and every day. If you want the Church to be a vital part of your kid’s life forever, there’s no better way to guarantee it. 

Right there with you.  My son and us parents wouldn’t change his HS choice if we could go back. Yes I paid 2x between prop taxes and tuition. But, 2 years into undergrad and he’s  still  reaping the benefits.  And for us old guys, 2030 will be here in what feels like the blink of an eye 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, James_trucker1 said:

RETWEET!!!

there's some truth.  talent-wise, PC was pretty loaded in 2016

Singleton, Bolds, Brito, Clark, Nestrowitz, Pearson, Rybka, Paul (starting at Rutgers), Everett, Wipper, Jackson, Hardy (is on the 2016 roster; don't recall whether he played that yr at PC though), and some more whose names just don't jump out at me

Brito was Fran Tarkenton--one of the best Finals performances I've seen

Bosco this yr was a bit lighter on the talent than Sabella's 2016 PC team, and SPP this yr was better than 2016 SPP, I think

Just hire an Irishman to give feeders thousands of dollars to place players at Bosco, and Sabella will be fine. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, StJoesFanboy said:

there's some truth.  talent-wise, PC was pretty loaded in 2016

Singleton, Bolds, Brito, Clark, Nestrowitz, Pearson, Rybka, Paul (starting at Rutgers), Everett, Wipper, Jackson, Hardy (is on the 2016 roster; don't recall whether he played that yr at PC though), and some more whose names just don't jump out at me

Brito was Fran Tarkenton--one of the best Finals performances I've seen

Bosco this yr was a bit lighter on the talent than Sabella's 2016 PC team, and SPP this yr was better than 2016 SPP, I think

Just hire an Irishman to give feeders thousands of dollars to place players at Bosco, and Sabella will be fine. 

Dontae smalls (Morgan State), Jackson. Mitchell (Navy), Khyon Fitzpatrick, Ali Brightwell, Johnathan clark (western michigan), corey bolds (Penn State), Mohammed turae (Northern Illinois), javon turner(UMass), Semaj Everett (Howard), Darren Fields (Albany), Ronnin Guera (LIU),  Christian Mahagony (Boston College), Henry Pearson (Appalachian State)  Iben Foster (Morgan State) etc... LOADED

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SJR 04 said:

Dontae smalls (Morgan State), Jackson. Mitchell (Navy), Khyon Fitzpatrick, Ali Brightwell, Johnathan clark (western michigan), corey bolds (Penn State), Mohammed turae (Northern Illinois), javon turner(UMass), Semaj Everett (Howard), Darren Fields (Albany), Ronnin Guera (LIU),  Christian Mahagony (Boston College), Henry Pearson (Appalachian State) etc... LOADED

PC's tailback last yr reminded me of Clark.  Very hard runners, like Roger Craig.  I'd take Clark and that kid any day.  They make yds on their own.

46 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

PC's tailback last yr reminded me of Clark.  Very hard runners, like Roger Craig.  I'd take Clark and that kid any day.  They make yds on their own.

Tashawn Brenton. Very underrated last year. Lead BNU in rushing with over 1500yds. Didn't receive any post season honors.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Kids can attend PC for less than half that amount. It’s a tremendous bargain for those families that want a faith-based high school education for their children. I agree that the more expensive, all-male schools could definitely pose larger fiscal barriers for some. 

I live in one of the highest taxed towns in BC with one of the most reputable, blue ribbon public high schools in the state. I paid full tuition at DBP for all four years and we wouldn’t change a thing. There’s a marked difference in the True Gentlemen that those schools produce. It’s evident each and every day. If you want the Church to be a vital part of your kid’s life forever, there’s no better way to guarantee it. 

Both my girls attended PC and we would not change a thing. We live in a great Bergen County town with excellent public schools. My oldest ran into some bullying in middle school and that was the reason we chose the catholic schools over our public high school. Her experience was so positive that when it was time for my younger daughter to go to high school, she said there was no way she was not going to PC. My oldest is now pursuing her master's degree at Pratt and my youngest is in her second year at FAU.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, paladin4ever said:

Both my girls attended PC and we would not change a thing. We live in a great Bergen County town with excellent public schools. My oldest ran into some bullying in middle school and that was the reason we chose the catholic schools over our public high school. Her experience was so positive that when it was time for my younger daughter to go to high school, she said there was no way she was not going to PC. My oldest is now pursuing her master's degree at Pratt and my youngest is in her second year at FAU.

I forget which of your 2 daughters I met, but she was a model of how you want your daughter to turn out--very smart, confident, polite, respectful.  A lot is in the genes

58 minutes ago, paladin4ever said:

My boys will most likey be attending PC in 2029 because i will have 3 of them in hs at some point and I can not afford to pay over 60k a year for their hs tuitions. PC being the least expensive makes the most sense.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

God Bless.  Hope they get scholarships.  That's so much $

God may favor me. My oldest is really tall for his age and extremely coordinated (football/basketball) may help ease that load. My middle is only in 1st grade but takes math and reading with the 5th graders at St. Phillips prep (blue ribbon), im hoping he gets academic money, and my 4yr old seems to get the athleticism that skipped my middle son. Im gonna see what i can negotiate.  Lol... 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

God may favor me. My oldest is really tall for his age and extremely coordinated (football/basketball) may help ease that load. My middle is only in 1st grade but takes math and reading with the 5th graders at St. Phillips prep (blue ribbon), im hoping he gets academic money, and my 4yr old seems to get the athleticism that skipped my middle son. Im gonna see what i can negotiate.  Lol... 

they'll get $.  I betcha Bosco will offer them $10k each, maybe more by then

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If your eldest becomes the new Pepp (or even Kyle or DHam), I promise today to sponsor him ;) 

You'll get a call in 2028 like "remember that Peppers comment??? Yeah, well that kid you've been hearing about all over NJ, thats my Peppers. Make the check out to SPP. We're heading there. Lol"

• Sad 1