Are Southern California transfers eroding HS football?

frankyjames

HS Football Transfers  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are the open transfer rules of Southern California eroding HS Football nationally?

1 minute ago, Texasfrog said:

You know it's happening!!!  That's a 100% fact.   I'm sure everyone one of those kids has been contacted one way or another by someone (Alum, Coaching staff, players) from Mater Dei or SJB and basically told...

"Hey, you would look great wearing a MD or SJB uniform next year."😉

And that is the sad part about all this.

You know whats even more sad? Attend an AAU basketball game in Southern California. Sit with the parents. Let me know what you think. :) 

1 minute ago, frankyjames said:

I disagree, as we have more D1 prospects on any given year than 95 percent of privates in CA. That is a fact. 

I think separation levels the playing field. 

Maybe have the winner of public and private play together for the "Superbowl" every year? 

If you seperate the Publics and Privates in California..     You'll see that that about 8-10 Private Schools around California become loaded little football factories with tons of D1 (FBS/FCS Prospects) on the teams.

Not saying that Public schools won't have some.  It's California and you have tons of athletes out there (just like Texas and Florida).  Not every kid will end up on a Private School.

The best player I've seen in California this year is the LB kid at Upton HS.  He is a bonified stud and would be stud anywhere he played.  His not at one of the So.Cal Private schools.   

But...if you separate the Privates and Publics in California.  You'll see that the Private Schools become loaded up and down the rosters with tons of D1 Prospects.

But...if you separate the Privates and Publics in California.  You'll see that the Private Schools become loaded up and down the rosters with tons of D1 Prospects.

I agree with your other points but disagree here. CA has such a large population and privates are not for everyone, even if they are a star athlete.

I think the concept of separating the two would be great. I think the only people that would argue it would be privates. :) 

4 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

And that is the sad part about all this.

You know whats even more sad? Attend an AAU basketball game in Southern California. Sit with the parents. Let me know what you think. :) 

You can see it in Texas too at the AAU Basketball games and Select All-Star baseball games.

Teams loaded with little studs up and down the roster.

I've said it before and I'll say it again..  This so called High School Football Private School (Recruited-up Select All-Star Team) stuff all started with Basketball.

High School Basketball started this crap about 20 years ago if having these 10 player rosters (loaded with BB Prospects) and traveling the country playing each other for these so called National Titles.

I knew this was going to eventually happen with High School Football and it did.

Just now, Texasfrog said:

You can see it in Texas too at the AAU Basketball games and Select All-Star baseball games.

Teams loaded with little studs up and down the roster.

I've said it before and I'll say it again..  This so called High School Football Private School (Recruited-up Select All-Star Team) stuff all started with Basketball.

High School Basketball started this crap about 20 years ago if having these 10 player rosters (loaded with BB Prospects) and traveling the country playing each other for these so called National Titles.

I knew this was going to eventually happen with High School Football and it did.

I agree with you.

In my opinion, the problem is the parents and not the kids. The parents are even getting worse if you can believe that. 

1 minute ago, frankyjames said:

I agree with your other points but disagree here. CA has such a large population and privates are not for everyone, even if they are a star athlete.

I think the concept of separating the two would be great. I think the only people that would argue it would be privates. :) 

Of course Privates will argue it.   100% a fact!!

I don't know how much you know about Texas...   We separate our Privates and Publics. 

Publics--- UIL

Privates-- TAPPS

They can play each other during the regular season but when the playoffs start they're in two different brackets.

TAPPS and UIL Public.

Now.. about 15 years ago two Private Schools sued the UIL for entrance into the UIL.

Dallas Jesuit and Houston Strake Jesuit.  Those are the only two Private Schools playing in the UIL Public School system of Texas.

The State of Texas, UIL and everyone else put so many policies, rules and watch-dogs on Dallas Jesuit and Strake Jesuit to prevent them from recruiting, getting transfers and ect.

PS.  Both those teams are still in this years Public School football playoffs going into the 3rd Round.

3 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

I agree with you.

In my opinion, the problem is the parents and not the kids. The parents are even getting worse if you can believe that. 

I lived in Broward County, Florida for 5 years (2003-2008) and about 6 miles from St.Thomas Aquinas.

I would travel to the games around Broward County and hear first hand from the people that this and that player is from this or that "Public School" and he is now at STA.

Broward County is like Los Angeles, Dallas, Houston..    Area is loaded with little stud athletes all over the place and teams like STA, Mater Dei, SJB and many others can have their pick of the litter so to speak.

When you hear Coach Rollison (Mater Dei) say things like....." Ya, we got 11 transfers this season but we also lost many players."

He isn't telling the entire story.... which is this!!!

"Ya, we got 11 transfers this season but we also lost many players that suddenly realized they won't be playing much their senior year because they know one of these 11 transfers is taking their position."

• Thanks 1

Until the State of California (CIF),   Coaching associations and things like that get feed up with teams like Mater Dei and St.John Bosco recruiting and transfer tactics.   Nothing is going to happen out there and Mater Dei and SJB will be the Big Dog "Recruited Up SELECT ALL-STAR TEAMS" for the near and far future!!

Like I said...  you can buy your California State Title tickets in August..

It's called the CIF Southern Section Title Game and it will be Mater Dei vs SJB.

• Thanks 1

Let me help you out..   Even a team like De La Salle which has a rich historic history in California is about to become a 2nd Class citizen on the California High School athletic scene.

With the new CIF Policies.

The winner of the Mater Dei vs SJB Title game each season will embarrass them off the field.

Watch this years Title game.    MD or SJB will be putting a Mercy Clock "Beat down Clock" on DLS.

It’s killing football in the states that are allowing this BS that’s for sure.  I have feeling in another few years our friends in California will regret what they have done.

it should be more about the kids and the over all experience for all kids

instead they have made it only about only winning mythical NC and the experience for select few kids.

I will never respect elite level recruited / transferred up Private schools.

Nothing pleases me more when Texas Public Schools beat the DLS and SJC types

Who’s next -  I want SJB, MD, SFA to bring that show to Texas 

I mean lets give it a FK'n break..   Mater Dei had two Rancho Cucamonga players (DB and RB- Both 4-Star prospects) transfer into Mater Dei just for the Fall Football Semester.😄

They came to Mater Dei and played football for their Senior Fall Semester and then transferred back to Rancho Cucamonga for the Spring Semester and graduation.   I mean... WOW!!!!!!!🤪

Just now, frankyjames said:

MD has SEVENTY ONE in 2018!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

71!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let that sink in!

And these dudes will come at you for having 10! :) 

I've read tons of articles from LA Prep Sports Reporter Eric Sondheimer.   He has done more to expose Mater Dei and SJB over the past few years than anyone!!

I've read tons of articles from LA Prep Sports Reporter Eric Sondheimer.   He has done more to expose Mater Dei and SJB over the past few years than anyone!!

He is an honorable man!

It is funny that the SoCal guys will say the numbers are "not true," yet will offer nothing to factually refute them.

Don't pay attention to the man behind the green curtain! :) 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Texasball said:

It’s killing football in the states that are allowing this BS that’s for sure.  I have feeling in another few years our friends in California will regret what they have done.

it should be more about the kids and the over all experience for all kids

instead they have made it only about only winning mythical NC and the experience for select few kids.

I will never respect elite level recruited / transferred up Private schools.

Nothing pleases me more when Texas Public Schools beat the DLS and SJC types

Who’s next -  I want SJB, MD, SFA to bring that show to Texas 

My guess is it won't be the CIF that gets it started in a few years.   It will be some level of the California Coaching Association that rallies the wagons and says... "Enough of this Shit!!"

The problem is....  I don't think the California High School Coaching association is anywhere at the level of the Texas Coaching Association in regards to having the power to really get anything done.