Are Southern California transfers eroding HS football?

frankyjames

HS Football Transfers  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are the open transfer rules of Southern California eroding HS Football nationally?

47 minutes ago, Texasball said:

It’s killing football in the states that are allowing this BS that’s for sure.  I have feeling in another few years our friends in California will regret what they have done.

it should be more about the kids and the over all experience for all kids

instead they have made it only about only winning mythical NC and the experience for select few kids.

I will never respect elite level recruited / transferred up Private schools.

Nothing pleases me more when Texas Public Schools beat the DLS and SJC types

Who’s next -  I want SJB, MD, SFA to bring that show to Texas 

How is DLS included with SJC as a transfered up elite level recruited type team?  Teams are nothing alike.  

Unless you know something about DLS that others don't I can't see how they are similar.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

How is DLS included with SJC as a transfered up elite level recruited type team?  Teams are nothing alike.  

Unless you know something about DLS that others don't I can't see how they are similar.  

I don't think anyone in their right mind would say that DLS is full of "recruited transfers."

However- they are HARDLY just kids from the surrounding neighborhood :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

I don't think anyone in their right mind would say that DLS is full of "recruited transfers."

Texasball did.  I have no idea where these kids reside and I doubt you do either.  

The fact of the matter is that DLS loses more football players than they receive and it's not even close.  

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

There is no need for any of them prove anything— We already know the truth they can’t win big time without poaching players from other schools.

BG stomping mud hole in that ass for about 3 years was the beginning to the movement.  

Before you say CH who did not win district or state championship-  BG without couple of elite players out of the game went to SJB and won 35-20 the very same year and SJB was the #1 team in Cali.  By the start of the next season open transfers in Southern California was in high speed!

It's funny how the whole timing of it comes together..

CIF changes the "Transfer Free Agent Policy" in 2017 because they just got tired of trying to enforce it and going to court over and over about it.

Just so happens..  About that same time Mater Dei overall Talent level basically quadruples with (FBS Prospects) and Mater Dei decides they want to start taking on the nation each year..  LOL!!🤣

Pretty much the same with St.John Bosco.

1 hour ago, frankyjames said:

The problem DLS is about to have along with just about everyone else in California.

They won't be able to keep up with the "Free Agent Transfer Machines" of Mater Dei and St.Johns Bosco unless something seriously changes out in California soon.  

Again... I'm predicting this year (2019) that the MD vs SJB winner is going to "Mercy Clock" this DLS team probably by halftime.

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

Texasball did.  I have no idea where these kids reside and I doubt you do either.  

The fact of the matter is that DLS loses more football players than they receive and it's not even close.  

I know DLS isn't full of recruited players up and down the roster..   How do I know this?   I've been watching DLS for over 20+ years.

They always had anywhere from 4-6 kids that never left the football field.   Lineman going both ways,  RB's playing LB and DB's playing WR almost the entire game.  That's why I never really considered them a true elite High School football team either.

That's why they lost to Euless Trinity,TX a few years back.  Because DLS didn't have the depth to compete with Trinity.

But...if you have to always have 4-6 kids almost never leaving the field..  You aint a recruited up football team.   

But I'll tell you this..  Those 4-6 kids that never left the field were always "Blue-Chip D1 Prospects".😉

It's also the reason why DLS won't compete against teams like Mater Dei and SJB now or in the near future.   They don't have the overall quality of Depth or Talented Depth that those two SoCal teams have today.

I predict that MD or SJB beat DLS like 42-17.... if not worse!

The only way things will really change in California is when the California High School Coaches and High School Administration staffs around the State finally get feed up with the antics of a few schools (Mater Dei and SJB) and decide to do something about it with the California State Legislation and the CIF to pass Laws, Rules and Regulations in place.

I'm just not sure how united or strong the California Coaches Association is.

3 hours ago, frankyjames said:

I know it's tough to critically think San Jose State, but if you actually paid attention, Folsom was 3rd in their own league for total transfers for the last decade. It was just this year that they got a small group of them.

That still pales in comparison to 71 for MD :) 

2 hours ago, The Colonel said:

LMAO. These guys are bros now. 

Brothers from another mother.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

I know DLS isn't full of recruited players up and down the roster..   How do I know this?   I've been watching DLS for over 20+ years.

Or any recruited up players.

They always had anywhere from 4-6 kids that never left the football field.   Lineman going both ways,  RB's playing LB and DB's playing WR almost the entire game.  That's why I never really considered them a true elite High School football team either.

Depth is different for both schools.  I disagree about depth being the reason for a team to be elite or not elite.  

That's why they lost to Euless Trinity,TX a few years back.  Because DLS didn't have the depth to compete with Trinity.

DLS lost to ET because at the end of the game ET had more points.  It could have easily been a DLS victory and it should have been.  So you are incorrect that depth was a determining factor.  DLS competed well and it was a really good game by both teams.

But...if you have to always have 4-6 kids almost never leaving the field..  You aint a recruited up football team.   

But I'll tell you this..  Those 4-6 kids that never left the field were always "Blue-Chip D1 Prospects".😉

No they were not always blue chip D1 prospects.  That is just not correct.

It's also the reason why DLS won't compete against teams like Mater Dei and SJB now or in the near future.   They don't have the overall quality of Depth or Talented Depth that those two SoCal teams have today.

DLS competed well last year against MD so I'm not sure what your talking about.  Maybe they get running clocked this year, who knows but they will compete.  2016 was not a great team for DLS and 2017 was not a whole lot better as far as DLS teams go.  The ST play and turnovers were unusually bad.  And some teams just match up well with DLS like ET, STA, etc.  

I predict that MD or SJB beat DLS like 42-17.... if not worse!

We will see.  This qb for MD is special as is that team regardless of how it was put together so your prediction would be surprising I can't say that it won't happen.

4 hours ago, frankyjames said:

According to the article above (if you dared to read it) Mater Dei has 71 transfers in 2018.

We have 15 this year, total. 11 for football.

:) 

#TransferTrain

You just can’t help but Lie.... You yourself have Acknowledged Folsom’s 15 Football Transfers in this board and it has also been documented by the top posters on the Nor Cal Board... They had 6 Football Transfers at the Beginning of the year and 9 more Football Transfers after the sit out period....

I posted a Link on your other stupid Transfer Thread showing Folsom has 35 Transfers in all sports this year....

Just because your transfers stink and can’t even make a section final, doesn’t mean that Folsom isn’t the most transferred up Team in Nor Cal...

Hopefully this year you guys get some transfers that can actually play so you are not Boatraced again by teams like Monterey Trail...🤣🤣🤣...

Or maybe Folsom should just start running The Veer and then Maybe they could actually beat a good team...🤣🤣🤣...

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Depth most certainly means something between true Elite teams and not elite teams.

DLS for most of it's California historic football legacy has had teams that had anywhere from 5-6 kids almost never leaving the field and going both ways.

You won't compete against bigger schools with a lot of depth that don't have kids having to play 45 minutes out of a 48 minute game (Especially Lineman and RB's playing LB).    Those kids will be worn out a few minutes into the 3rd QT.

You won't go against the Trinity's, Allens, Katys, North Shores and many other Big Texas 6A and even some 5A's with a team that has 5-6 kids never leaving the field.  Sorry!! 

Those DLS kids that played against Euless Trinity could barely stand halfway through the 3rd QT and they had to put a 2nd string kid in the game for a few plays and DLS got exploited.

Saw the same thing when Plant, Fl came to play Abilene HS.    The RB/LB James Wilder kid was an High School All-American 5-Star stud.  He almost never left the game and around the midway 3rd QT he could barely stand and was getting his ass kicked for the most part.   In fact a 5'6/185 LB was wearing his 6-3/220 butt out for the last 15 minutes of the game.

Sorry...  Never think that a team that has 5-6 kids going both ways for most of the game is an ELITE TEAM..😉

6 hours ago, frankyjames said:

71 transfers for the 2018 season for Mater Dei, with the other Trinity League schools not far behind.

Is this eroding HS football nationally? 

Let her rip! :) 

Capture.PNG

Yes. It makes high school football boring and stale to watch because you know which teams will be above the rest based on what 5* qb or rb they get

16 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

11 transfers for football. 5 played

15 over all sports.

Much better than the 71 for Mater Dei in 2018!

:) 

You are Right... I was Wrong about Folsom Having 35 Total Transfers... They Actually had 44!!!.... :) 

Here is the Link: 

http://cifsjs.org/coaches_and_administrators/transfereligibility/TransferRulings

Here is the List of Football Transfers (15):

Anderson, Broussard, Arnds, Burke, Eklund, Frey, Gage, Hendrick, Jeffs, Higgins, Lyons, Perkins, Turbin, Patu, Koi....

44 Total Transfers and 15 Football Transfers, once again you look like an Idiot when the Facts are presented...

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

You are Right... I was Wrong about Folsom Having 35 Total Transfers... They Actually had 44!!!.... :) 

Here is the Link: 

http://cifsjs.org/coaches_and_administrators/transfereligibility/TransferRulings

Here is the List of Football Transfers (15):

Anderson, Broussard, Arnds, Burke, Eklund, Frey, Gage, Hendrick, Jeffs, Higgins, Lyons, Perkins, Turbin, Patu, Koi....

44 Total Transfers and 15 Football Transfers, once again you look like an Idiot when the Facts are presented...

Lets's talk facts.

Folsom= 44 over all sports

Mater Dei= 71 across all sports. 

71 is more than 44 :) 

Winning!

Well, to answer the initial question... I don't see how the rampant transferring in SoCal can be eroding high school nationally, but, the trend of opening the door for more and more of this across the nation, may well be. 

I do think the discussion of polls and debates about who should be number 1 etc., the main lifeblood of this forum for the last few years, had been eroded by the rules differences afforded those SoCal teams, IMG and SFA along with the will to push the issue to the ragged edge by those same schools. 

• Like 1

To answer the question ...

Block I still have you on ignore.

But no do I think it's eroding the sport? Not necessarily... Is it a problem? Yes... 

I think it's more of a problem out there than here and it's apparent in California that transfers are the fuel for a lot of these private schools and the CIF,Sammy,LDT and whoever else can make all the excuses they want to but yes it's a problem that nobody has found a solution to and nor will they because they're not gonna try.  I still remember that half assed letter the CIF put out about trusting teams to uphold the integrity of the sport. It's BS you think those teams care about that? 

Now do I think all these transfers are illegal? No... 

But are all of them legitimate? Not a chance in hell... 

I think it should be investigated... Shoot look into some of the public's while you're at it... 

California is a unique case.... 

Out here on the East coast you have your obvious:

SFA 

NJ -Which has slown down greatly.... 

IMG 

STA 

But they're all mortal.... And even then it's not as steady or rampant as it is out there... They're not some invincible juggernaut like MD who just seems to never run out of gas.... 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

Lets's talk facts.

Folsom= 44 over all sports

Mater Dei= 71 across all sports. 

71 is more than 44 :) 

Winning!

15 to 44, that real close, I see how someone could make that mistake. I think before you started this ridiculous thread you should have made a baseline for the appropriate amount of transfers. Frogs would be 0, because Texas doesn’t ever have transfers (it’s against the law or something). What’s your number Block?

1 hour ago, Norcalnut said:

15 to 44, that real close, I see how someone could make that mistake. I think before you started this ridiculous thread you should have made a baseline for the appropriate amount of transfers. Frogs would be 0, because Texas doesn’t ever have transfers (it’s against the law or something). What’s your number Block?

A little context San Jose State. I will break it down Barney Style for you. :)

44 transfers across ALL sports, for one of the largest HSs in the entire region.

15 transfers for football. SIX played :)

Mater Dei had SEVENTY ONE transfers for football just for the 2018 season.

Let that sink in San Jose State :) 

2 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

LMFAO...  of course some kids transfer here and there around the State of Texas.  But if your trying to put a comparison to Texas and what goes on (Mostly in the Trinity League) and mostly with (Mater Dei and SJB) than you've had a rock fall on your head and give you brain damage.

Also... the Texas UIL actually has "BITE" in them and the CIF in regards to SoCal has basically said..."We give up."

Sorry if the truth hurts!!😉

11 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

LMFAO...  of course some kids transfer here and there around the State of Texas.  But if your trying to put a comparison to Texas and what goes on (Mostly in the Trinity League) and mostly with (Mater Dei and SJB) than you've had a rock fall on your head and give you brain damage.

Also... the Texas UIL actually has "BITE" in them and the CIF in regards to SoCal has basically said..."We give up."

Sorry if the truth hurts!!😉

When Discussing Transfers in So Cal and The Trinity League Please also include Folsom From Nor Cal....

After all, SJB had 35 Total Transfers this year and Folsom had 44... So If Folsom played in the TL they would be #2 in Transfers Behind MD....

@frankyjames is just jealous because MD and SJB’s Transfers are actually good and can play while Folsom’s Stink and cant beat teams that run The Veer....

What Texas Public HS has Open Enrollment and gets 44 Transfers in a year?..  

Lets keep it Real Here....🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frankyjames said:

A little context San Jose State. I will break it down Barney Style for you. :)

44 transfers across ALL sports, for one of the largest HSs in the entire region.

15 transfers for football. SIX played :)

Mater Dei had SEVENTY ONE transfers for football just for the 2018 season.

Let that sink in San Jose State :) 

Answer the question short🚌