Are Southern California transfers eroding HS football?

frankyjames

HS Football Transfers  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are the open transfer rules of Southern California eroding HS Football nationally?

26 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

LMFAO...  of course some kids transfer here and there around the State of Texas.  But if your trying to put a comparison to Texas and what goes on (Mostly in the Trinity League) and mostly with (Mater Dei and SJB) than you've had a rock fall on your head and give you brain damage.

Also... the Texas UIL actually has "BITE" in them and the CIF in regards to SoCal has basically said..."We give up."

Sorry if the truth hurts!!😉

I’m not comparing anything, because I really don’t give a shit. The truth never hurts if it the “Truth” not alternate facts to push an agenda. If you want to talk football in a rational manner I’m all for it but you and Block’s only purpose so far is to talk shit and create confrontation. Every once in awhile that’s ok, it brings a little levity to the board but ever single thread you two start, come on, that just makes you guys douche bags.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Also... the Texas UIL actually has "BITE" in them and the CIF in regards to SoCal has basically said..."We give up."

Tell that to Narbonne, and San Clemente. The governing bodies hit them both pretty hard this year.  But those are facts you ignore because it doesn’t support your faulty narrative.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, On2whls said:

Tell that to Narbonne, and San Clemente. The governing bodies hit them both pretty hard this year.  But those are facts you ignore because it doesn’t support your faulty narrative.  

They got made an example of because the infractions were so egregious. 

They will never penalize MD or Bosco for the same behavior. They will make examples out of lower level teams.

Meanwhile, Mater Dei can pull in 71 transfers, and set national records for transfers, while all they're QBs end up at USC in the shitter! 

:) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

They got made an example of because the infractions were so egregious. 

They will never penalize MD or Bosco for the same behavior. They will make examples out of lower level teams.

Meanwhile, Mater Dei can pull in 71 transfers, and set national records for transfers, while all they're QBs end up at USC in the shitter! 

You are focused on MD’s 71 transfers but you won’t respond to questions about what is an appropriate amount of transfers. By not being critical of Folsom’s 44 transfers that kinda makes you a hypocritical douchebag. Don’t you think?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

You are focused on MD’s 71 transfers but you won’t respond to questions about what is an appropriate amount of transfers. By not being critical of Folsom’s 44 transfers that kinda makes you a hypocritical douchebag. Don’t you think?

No amount of transfers is appropriate when its only purpose is to stack the deck in your favor for HS football. 

Basically, it's legal cheating.

Of course, most of the people in this forum are young and have grown up in a society that teaches them that being entitled is an American right. So, Im not surprised at the amount of kids that think that hoards of transfers for athletics is ok.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, rockinl said:

No amount of transfers is appropriate when its only purpose is to stack the deck in your favor for HS football. 

Of course, most of the people in this forum are young and have grown up in a society that teaches them that being entitled is an American right. So, Im not surprised at the amount of kids that think that hoards of transfers for athletics is ok.

But they're doing it to get a good Catholic education for a year, or, for a recruiting advantage to college, or, or, or. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Colonel said:

There’s no real difference between open enrollment Folsom and a private school anyway. Most of Folsom’s best players are/were not from Folsom. 

This is the EXACT kind of douchey, non-factual, SoCal post that I have talked about. And I shall clear the air from the usualy "duck, dive, and point the finger" tactic that a handful of these clowns, to include you, use. I will list out the point for our less educated SoCal friends. :) 

1. Folsom does not have true open enrollment. You guys can go post links from sites stating "open enrollment," but most of you never even bothered to figure out how this works. If there was "true open enrollment," meaning you could live wherever you want and just go to Folsom, why would 15 players APPLY to the CIF for a legit transfer for Folsom? Why wouldn't they just transfer under "open enrollment?" See, this is where you clown fail and just look silly. 

2. "Open enrollment" comes in many shapes, sizes, and forms. Kind of like the fast food places most of you live on, down there yonder in SoCal. :) Anyone can apply under open enrollment. But.........................there has to be: open space at the school (all Folsom schools are full), and you have to have a valid reason. Mute point since both Folsom schools are at capacity. To make it clear for all you clowns, NOT ONE FOLSOM FOOTBALL player was admitted to the school under open enrollment. :) 

3. Pointing the finger away from your own schools to make it look like you aren't doing anything wrong is pretty disingenuous, considering the circumstances. Kind of an ironic argument to state that Folsom's "best" players are not from Folsom, while hardly any, IF ANY, of MDs or SJBs best players were born in Santa Ana or Bellflower. See how funny that argument is? Comical. 

Come with better stuff next time.

BTW- 71 transfers is a national record. :) 

3 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

is 71 greater than 44?

I know San Jose State math is a bit flawed, but where I come from, 71 is more than 44.

Should we break down the 71 or the 44?

Should we break it down further into the actual 15 transfers for football? Or the 6 of those that actually played?

Is 6 greater than 71?

You tell me San Jose State :) 

On 11/27/2019 at 9:27 AM, frankyjames said:

According to the article above (if you dared to read it) Mater Dei has 71 transfers in 2018.

We have 15 this year, total. 11 for football.

#TransferTrain

MD is a private school . That's how private schools stay in business by getting new students to enroll dip shit.  

These are not transfers they are simply kids looking to better themselves in an academic facility that can provide them with a higher education and better sports programs to improve themselves with.  I see absolutely nothing wrong with a student searching to reach there full potential.  

•  

1 minute ago, eddiev said:

MD is a private school . That's how private schools stay in business by getting new students to enroll dip shit.  

These are not transfers they are simply kids looking to better themselves in an academic facility that can provide them with a higher education and better sports programs to improve themselves with.  I see absolutely nothing wrong with a student searching to reach there full potential.  

•  

False.

Your point is valid in terms of privates getting new students to enroll. But the point is "new" students. Freshman students who stay there all 4 years, like good Catholics :)

The intent was never to have a revolving transfer train of kids coming in solely for football reasons for a 1-2 years and leave.

Don't be naive. 

29 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

is 71 greater than 44?

I know San Jose State math is a bit flawed, but where I come from, 71 is more than 44.

Should we break down the 71 or the 44?

Should we break it down further into the actual 15 transfers for football? Or the 6 of those that actually played?

Is 6 greater than 71?

You tell me San Jose State :) 

For some reason you think that education or scholarships to a Div 1 school like San Jose State is a burn, I didn’t go there so there’s that, but arguably the greatest high school coach in history Bob Ladouceur did. I would be honored to follow in his footsteps. You still won’t answer the question about Folsom’s 44 transfers ( deflect-rinse-repeat) I’m not comparing them to MD, I’m comparing them to your twisted idea of what is acceptable.

Block=dumbass=duh!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

False.

Your point is valid in terms of privates getting new students to enroll. But the point is "new" students. Freshman students who stay there all 4 years, like good Catholics :)

The intent was never to have a revolving transfer train of kids coming in solely for football reasons for a 1-2 years and leave.

Don't be naive. 

New student is anyone who is not a current student at said school regardless of grade level. Also, I am not just referring to Catholic schools, I include all private schools in this conversation. And  again , understanding that a private school is nothing more than an educational business, then yes, the door is always open for students to attend or leave at their leisure . This is the customers/students choice.

2 hours ago, rockinl said:

BINGO!!!!!  SPOT ON!!!

51 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

For some reason you think that education or scholarships to a Div 1 school like San Jose State is a burn, I didn’t go there so there’s that, but arguably the greatest high school coach in history Bob Ladouceur did. I would be honored to follow in his footsteps. You still won’t answer the question about Folsom’s 44 transfers ( deflect-rinse-repeat) I’m not comparing them to MD, I’m comparing them to your twisted idea of what is acceptable.

Block=dumbass=duh!

Bill Walsh is a San Jose State Alum as well... 🤣🤣

So yes it a “Real Burn” Being Called a San Jose State Alum...🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, rockinl said:

Except if you’re Allen and win 3 state titles in a row 

then it’s perfectly acceptable ....hypocrites 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rockinl said:

Did I say "except in Texas"? 

Try and comprehend what you read before posting stupid shit.

Funny, you never had a detrimental word to say about  Allen when they were raping Texas with their boat loads of transfers.Now you want to stick your head up in a topic about Socal.So don’t get upset when you get whack a moled about your hypocrisy 

11 hours ago, frankyjames said:

False.

Don't be naive. 

They also go there for football season then transfer back to their home schools. Not the same as staying put for 4 years. MD and SJB have tainted HSFB 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1