RUTGERS IS BACK BABY, The chosen one has returned

imaGoodBoyNow

9 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

No Ole Greg is not Bear Bryant or Saban but the guy is the best option we got, no he won’t win you a national championship, but the guy knows how to Develop players to NFL caliber players, 

the Goal is first you gotta Get a Coach, then Get a Better Coach, Then You get “Thee Coach” 

no, i was asking wither the NCAA and Big 10 got involved?  and said, hey, i don't care what your Gov, past or present, or professors say, we didn't let you in the Big 10 to be a laughing stock?  you're not making a HSF coach a college HC?

the NFL and NCAA care about markets and brands, as you saw with the NBA and its players.  Do you think that the NCAA will let a top-5 program historically like USC fail?  Out there goes Urban?  before that Pete Carroll.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StJoesFanboy said:

Do you think the NCAA and Big 10 pushed Rutgers a bit, sort of like the NCAA and the PAC 10 might be pushing USC not to become irrelevant in a big market?

The only comparison between Rutgers and USC is their big market status. Other than that the NCAA could give two shits about Rutgers as even at their best they will never be anything like USC in terms of football relevance. 

This is more about Rutgers going from the abyss of bottom feeders and bringing back Schiano to turn them into a consistent 6-6, 7-5 type of program. The standards for football expectations at USC are way higher and much different than what RU could ever expect.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

No Ole Greg is not Bear Bryant or Saban but the guy is the best option we got, no he won’t win you a national championship, but the guy knows how to Develop players to NFL caliber players, 

the Goal is first you gotta Get a Coach, then Get a Better Coach, Then You get “Thee Coach” 

Agree. Schiano is bring brought back to get the program on solid footing,  a .500 level club. That's a major step in the right direction for Rutgers and at this point that should really be the only expectation. Gotta walk before you can run.

2 minutes ago, legendsofthefall said:

The only comparison between Rutgers and USC is their big market status. Other than that the NCAA could give two shits about Rutgers as even at their best they will never be anything like USC in terms of football relevance. 

This is more about Rutgers going from the abyss of bottom feeders and bringing back Schiano to turn them into a consistent 6-6, 7-5 type of program. The standards for football expectations at USC are way higher and much different than what RU could ever expect.

That's what I meant--just to get them out of laughing-stock status.  There's no other comparison, other than that the NCAA cares--yes, to a different degree depending on the team and realistic expectations.  My only point is that the NCAA and conferences care.

1 minute ago, StJoesFanboy said:

That's what I meant--just to get them out of laughing-stock status.  There's no other comparison, other than that the NCAA cares--yes, to a different degree depending on the team and realistic expectations.  My only point is that the NCAA and conferences care.

Gotcha. Yes in that sense I agree. 

1 minute ago, StJoesFanboy said:

and i should have emphasized--and the NCAA and Big 10 got involved, and said, don't further embarrass us

I'm sure they did but it sounds like the real impetus for change came from the big boosters, NJ pols and other alumni forces. I think the NCAA and B10 while factors, were secondary to these other forces at play. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, legendsofthefall said:

I'm sure they did but it sounds like the real impetus for change came from the big boosters, NJ pols and other alumni forces. I think the NCAA and B10 while factors, were secondary to these other forces at play. 

It was all different factors all the way from the Big Ten Commissioner, all the way to alumni, boosters and season ticket holders,  how Tennessee fan base acted when they found out Tennessee hired Schiano, was the same way Rutgers fans acted when Schiano didn’t get hired.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

It was all different factors all the way from the Big Ten Commissioner, all the way to alumni, boosters and season ticket holders,  how Tennessee fan base acted when they found out Tennessee hired Schiano, was the same way Rutgers fans acted when Schiano didn’t get hired.

My point is the biggest factors are the school alumni and Rutgers based factions, moreso than the NCAA or the B10. The NCAA and B10 at the end of the day are just happy that they have the NY market for TV ratings and they're making big bucks off that TV deal. 

Getting Schiano back was mainly driven by angry pissed off rich alumni backers and powerful NJ pols. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, legendsofthefall said:

My point is the biggest factors are the school alumni and Rutgers based factions, moreso than the NCAA or the B10. The NCAA and B10 at the end of the day are just happy that they have the NY market for TV ratings and they're making big bucks off that TV deal. 

Getting Schiano back was mainly driven by angry pissed off rich alumni backers and powerful NJ pols. 

as I learned over the yrs, unless you're IN THE ROOM, it's tough to really know.

I have no idea who played what role.

Rutgers has to give out $ to kids if they want to win--it's as simple as that.  If you have a winning program and other amenities, then you can grab more kids w less $. 

3 stars don't get $.  To get 5 stars, most programs need to dole out $.  Too many smart butt-in-skis in small, progressive NJ to let Rutgers run wild with masculine sports. 

And if we start offering Cali's best 2 QBs $ to come to NJ instead of to Clemson and Bama, and other coaches will blow the whistle, as they did on SMU for recruiting outside SMU's backyard.  (How all of a sudden did SMU get Tx's best tailbacks, when they historically went to other Tx schools?  SMU grabbed Pa's best LB, and suddenly, the NCAA is on top of SMU.  I'm sure Pitt and Penn St had something to do w/ that whistle blowing.)

And most of the $ people in progressive NJ and NY don't care as much about football, which makes things tougher for Rutgers.  So, in short, you'll see recruiting violations eventually for NJ, but the NCAA and the Big 10 will give them a break for a while so they can get up on their feet, though NJ's press will be all over Rutgers from the get-go.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 12/1/2019 at 9:54 AM, StJoesFanboy said:

as I learned over the yrs, unless you're IN THE ROOM, it's tough to really know.

I have no idea who played what role.

Rutgers has to give out $ to kids if they want to win--it's as simple as that.  If you have a winning program and other amenities, then you can grab more kids w less $. 

3 stars don't get $.  To get 5 stars, most programs need to dole out $.  Too many smart butt-in-skis in small, progressive NJ to let Rutgers run wild with masculine sports. 

And if we start offering Cali's best 2 QBs $ to come to NJ instead of to Clemson and Bama, and other coaches will blow the whistle, as they did on SMU for recruiting outside SMU's backyard.  (How all of a sudden did SMU get Tx's best tailbacks, when they historically went to other Tx schools?  SMU grabbed Pa's best LB, and suddenly, the NCAA is on top of SMU.  I'm sure Pitt and Penn St had something to do w/ that whistle blowing.)

And most of the $ people in progressive NJ and NY don't care as much about football, which makes things tougher for Rutgers.  So, in short, you'll see recruiting violations eventually for NJ, but the NCAA and the Big 10 will give them a break for a while so they can get up on their feet, though NJ's press will be all over Rutgers from the get-go.

On the PA LB situation...I believed A&M snitched.

On 12/1/2019 at 9:32 AM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Greg is Rutgers “thee Coach”.

Don't know if that stuff about him is true, but I hope not. If it were, the Cocksuck should never be around sports again. 

Good luck

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Why does Rutgers even have a thread? Carmel could give them a sound thrashing. And not the good Carmel in Indiana.

couple of reasons.....the most important being there are lot of jersey dudes on this forum....second....they are relevant again with Schiano back....you must have been like 6 when they were good....or are you like 45....hmmm....does not matter....RU is back......

9 hours ago, SJR89 said:

couple of reasons.....the most important being there are lot of jersey dudes on this forum....second....they are relevant again with Schiano back....you must have been like 6 when they were good....or are you like 45....hmmm....does not matter....RU is back......

Supposedly he’s 15, and doesn’t play football, he’s in the Marching Band at school

9 hours ago, SJR89 said:

Bro. I gotta ask, and I’m being serious, back to what? 

Jersey State U is a disappointment athletically. Surely you have some instate kids who wanna ball out for the garden state instead of playing for national titles?!?