Week 14 Tiers

Sammyswordsman

Just now, Pops said:

Folsom didn’t live up to billing or recent past — don’t know if program slipping or just one of those villa park sort of games.  That changes — honestly — the veracity of my earlier comments 

I still stand by a team that’s on a path to play the winner of the #1 and #2 teams in the country that optionally schedules the #1 team from the opposite coast and the only other national top 25/50 team within 300 miles as doing just fine schedule-wise.

never represented, and specifically called out that it’s not, an academy team schedule

Don't even listen to those idiots. They're teams aren't even playing anymore and it's back to mom's basement. 

9 minutes ago, Pops said:

Folsom didn’t live up to billing or recent past — don’t know if program slipping or just one of those villa park sort of games.  That changes — honestly — the veracity of my earlier comments 

I still stand by a team that’s on a path to play the winner of the #1 and #2 teams in the country that optionally schedules the #1 team from the opposite coast and the only other national top 25/50 team within 300 miles as doing just fine schedule-wise.

never represented, and specifically called out that it’s not, an academy team schedule

But having only three opponents that you have to take seriously in a 14-game season is not, in fact, a monster schedule.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, Pops said:

The devil had multiple slips this year, not just one "outlier".  They just are not a very good team, and over the past 10 years have been severely overrated due to punching down for at least 104 of their past 108 games. 

While I am glad that DLS scheduled them, soley for the purpose of exposing the devil, I now expect DLS to take a relevant OOS road trip next year and host a relevant OOS game.  I think they will be forced to because otherwise the kids will lose interest and DLS will not be able to ramp up the attracting of talent necessary to stay relevant in their own state.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, The Guru said:

But having only three opponents that you have to take seriously in a 14-game season is not, in fact, a monster schedule.

For a norcal team thats not committed to academy schedules to play what appeared to be at time 1) national top 5/10 2 ) national top 25/50 and 3) likely MNC I think is a very good schedule 

who does better?  Trinity/ BNU/ WCAC/ GCL and IMG that all have scheduling advantages and/ or different philosophies 

playing sta alone puts them ahead of 99.9% of schedules..... now add SJB 

I know you always measure schedules by strength at the top, right?  

11 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The devil had multiple slips this year, not just one "outlier".  They just are not a very good team, and over the past 10 years have been severely overrated due to punching down for at least 104 of their past 108 games. 

While I am glad that DLS scheduled them, soley for the purpose of exposing the devil, I now expect DLS to take a relevant OOS road trip next year and host a relevant OOS game.  I think they will be forced to because otherwise the kids will lose interest and DLS will not be able to ramp up the attracting of talent necessary to stay relevant in their own state.

Hard to care about scheduling for recruiting interest when you don’t recruit 

when I was more connected, they wanted to travel at least every other year so every kid would get the experience as a junior/ senior 

they think differently than you think they think 

as to Folsom, I think if you were half objective, you’d concur they’ve been a top 5 CA team last 10 years and their 2014 team was tier one.  They clearly slipped this year — let’s see if it’s something systemic or not

you and block need to exchange digits and make Servite v Devil  happen 

21 minutes ago, Pops said:

Hard to care about scheduling for recruiting interest when you don’t recruit 

when I was more connected, they wanted to travel at least every other year so every kid would get the experience as a junior/ senior 

they think differently than you think they think 

as to Folsom, I think if you were half objective, you’d concur they’ve been a top 5 CA team last 10 years and their 2014 team was tier one.  They clearly slipped this year — let’s see if it’s something systemic or not

you and block need to exchange digits and make Servite v Devil  happen 

My work vis‘ a vis‘ the devil is comb Plete  They are finished vis‘ a vis‘ the national Ranking  services 

My next project is to revive DLS.  The Trinity league needs a boogeyman in Nor cal as motivation for continued improvement.  DLS needs to get better. I have good suggestions that just need the light of day and a messenger That DLS Trusts 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I have good suggestions that just need the light of day and a messenger That DLS Trusts 

Good luck finding a DLS guy that would like to emulate the academies 

we prefer to remain smug in our self righteousness 

DLS will show up with their roster of former alter boys and give it their best shot 

hope no one gets hurt or embarrassed 

SoCal’s prep gridiron king is a virtual lock to even their record vs DLS in SBGs at 7-7

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Pops said:

For a norcal team thats not committed to academy schedules to play what appeared to be at time 1) national top 5/10 2 ) national top 25/50 and 3) likely MNC I think is a very good schedule

So now you're hedging and saying it's "good" and not a monster.

So not a monster schedule.

And schedules aren't judged on a curve at this level.

• Thumbs Down 1

Rummel's schedule this year was very similar to DLS and STA's, if you believe Calpreps.

The only difference is DLS played STA....both teams getting a early season bump for it.

DLS wins the state title SOS playing #1 SJB.....DLS will get a major bump if they score 14 points.

STA plays #44 (13-1) Edgewater

Rummel plays #85 (12-0) Catholic-BR

18 hours ago, frankyjames said:

So back to the basement? Or shed? :) 

Dude there are no basements in Central and South Florida. We are at sea level. 

Maybe somewhere in the panhandle. 

Now a shed or tiny house is reasonable. Canes probably lives in a tiny house just big enough to put up his 2 White Zombie posters and upside down cross. 

7 hours ago, Pops said:

who does better?  Trinity/ BNU/ WCAC/ GCL and IMG that all have scheduling advantages and/ or different philosophies 

Corona Centennial.

20 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Rummel's schedule this year was very similar to DLS and STA's, if you believe Calpreps.

The only difference is DLS played STA....both teams getting a early season bump for it.

DLS wins the state title SOS playing #1 SJB.....DLS will get a major bump if they score 14 points.

STA plays #44 (13-1) Edgewater

Rummel plays #85 (12-0) Catholic-BR

No one wants to fucking hear about Rummel shit dude, Go away

John Curtis would still be playing if the coach didn’t schedule shitty teams like Lake Placid 

DLS 3 best wins this year: WINS: #180 Buchanan (Clovis, CA) (35-0), #195 Folsom (CA) (42-27), #394 Pittsburg (CA) (49-7)

Rummel best wins this yearWINS: #177 Oak Grove (Hattiesburg, MS) (7-3), #211 Curtis [John] (River Ridge, LA) (21-20), #329 Brother Martin (New Orleans, LA) (30-0), #329 Brother Martin (New Orleans, LA) (37-27)

STA best wins this year: WINS: #18 De La Salle (Concord, CA) (24-14), #165 Deerfield Beach (FL) (28-7), #254 Venice (FL) (42-0)

7 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

Corona Centennial.

Not really 

a). They are sort of a Trinity team and/ or, at very least, belong with those teams listed that have built in scheduling advantages — sort of like BNU/ Jersey guys suggesting that “OOS” has a premium measurement.  

b). You still judge things based on CP, which is irrationally socal skewed — DLS is lower at CP than any poll by far — 6th in the state (corona Del Mar, CC, and MV 3rd thru 5th) — reminds me when they were 9th at this time in ‘12, the last year before Socal academy teams, where DLS put an explanation point on an Open 4-peat by an average of 28 points. 

c) CC doesn’t travel — here’s some states DLS has been to that cc hasn’t — TX, FL, NJ, OH, HA, WA.  I guess they’ve both been to NV

try again 

19 hours ago, frankyjames said:

Don't even listen to those idiots. They're teams aren't even playing anymore and it's back to mom's basement. 

My team is still playing and about to win a relevant MNC unlike Folsom who is irrelevant and lost to an irrelevant team, Something Something Trail.

39 minutes ago, Pops said:

Not really 

a). They are sort of a Trinity team and/ or, at very least, belong with those teams listed that have built in scheduling advantages — sort of like BNU/ Jersey guys suggesting that “OOS” has a premium measurement.  

b). You still judge things based on CP, which is irrationally socal skewed — DLS is lower at CP than any poll by far — 6th in the state (corona Del Mar, CC, and MV 3rd thru 5th) — reminds me when they were 9th at this time in ‘12, the last year before Socal academy teams, where DLS put an explanation point on an Open 4-peat by an average of 28 points. 

c) CC doesn’t travel — here’s some states DLS has been to that cc hasn’t — TX, FL, NJ, OH, HA, WA.  I guess they’ve both been to NV

try again 

No need to try anything else.  None of the information you listed above refutes the fact that Centennial scheduled tougher than DLS