SJB gets the nod. MNC is in their hands now.

eddiev

44 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Man.... I bet St Frances Academy would love to play Mater Dei again. Redos must be nice. I thought they played Mater Dei 3000 miles away almost as well as SJB did in game one. 

No way I’d crown SJB the national champions. They’re not even the best team in Southern California. It took 4 (four) second half turnovers for SJB to win by five... Mater Dei did everything wrong in that second half and still finished 40 yards away throwing into the end zone from beating SJB for a third consecutive time. 

How can anyone say with confidence SJB is better than Mater Dei, let alone the rest of the country? You can’t. 

Co-MNCs?

10 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

Co-MNCs?

I'm at the end of q3.  2 Bosco turnovers in 1st half.

Bosco's D looks up.  Blitzing.  Bosco's OL giving DJ more time.  Just saw a Bosco kid drop an easy TD.  28-26 MD.  W/o the drop, Bosco is up by 5 at end of q3.

So, let's see what this q4 looks like.  Both teams look great right now.  Close game.  Turnovers even.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

I'm at the end of q3.  2 Bosco turnovers in 1st half.

Bosco's D looks up.  Blitzing.  Bosco's OL giving DJ more time.  Just saw a Bosco kid drop an easy TD.  28-26 MD.  W/o the drop, Bosco is up by 5 at end of q3.

So, let's see what this q4 looks like.  Both teams look great right now.  Close game.  Turnovers even.

Bosco TD, missed extra point.  Great D by Bosco.  Then great drive by Bosco.  Bosco 39-28, w/ 8:50 to go.  Not seeing the screw ups yet.  Not yet up to MD's 3rd turnover in 2nd half, and Bosco's up by 11.  Turnovers still 2-2.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

Bosco TD, missed extra point.  Great D by Bosco.  Then great drive by Bosco.  Bosco 39-28, w/ 8:50 to go.  Not seeing the screw ups yet.  Not yet up to MD's 3rd turnover in 2nd half, and Bosco's up by 11.  Turnovers still 2-2.

MD stops Bosco at 4th and change, w/ 3 minutes.  39-34. 

1:30 left.  Sack for a fumble.  Bosco ball.  I wouldn't call that a screw up???  That wasn't the Immaculate Reception or some other fluke play.

23 seconds left.  Let me guess--MD down by 5 will have to do drastic things, which result in a turnover?

snap at 5 seconds.  Hail Mary.  w/ no time left, Int.  turnover 4.  That's not a turnover that mattered.  lol  are you kidding?

watch the game again--you'll see 2 tough teams with amazing talent.  glad I watched it and didn't rely on a mischaracterization

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

It took 4 (four) second half turnovers for SJB to win by five... Mater Dei did everything wrong in that second half

You're coming across like MD just handed SJB the ball 4 times. SJB's defense forced 3 of those turnovers (with the 4th turnover resulting from the interception of the game-ending Hail Mary attempt). 2 of those turnovers came as a direct result of the pass rush. Bryce Young has been lauded all season for his magician-like abilities to elude a pass rush and extend the play. SJB's defense stepped up when it mattered and did what no other team (including SFA) was able to do.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, the best oos win for Lowndes is Northwestern, who lost to IMG pretty handily. IMG then goes and bites the pillow for SFA who is lucky to be top five. 

That isn't as good of an oos win as Mater Dei had. Had Northwestern beaten IMG, then suddenly it's a better win. Champagnat Catholic has 2 more losses than the Lowndes loss. 

They just aren't that great of wins for a MNC argument in the long run. The better tact for Lowndes is the in state playoff run which is still ongoing. 

If you compare the oos wins that Mater Dei hold with SFA and Centennial Arizona, the SFA game is better than either of Lowndes and the Centennial is similar to Lowndes. SJB gets the privelege of riding the coat tail of MD in this scenario. Most see them as equal squads with the split record. Then figure in SJB destroyed Good Counsel who won the private league in Maryland, destroyed DeMatha and DBP who finished as the runner up in the BNU...

All of that doesn't make for a great argument for Lowndes at the moment. Depending on how they dispatch North Gwinnett and then if they also dispatch Marietta or Parkview, I figure them definitely a shoe in for top 5, maybe top 3. 

I just know it took Colquitt back to back undefeated seasons, while practically buzz sawing the entire state along with Hoover one of the years to finally break through. The first year 4th was the finish in the comp poll I think. Then after repeating that the next year they finally got a couple of mnc nods. 

In other words, it apparently takes more than one season to get over the hump when there is bias toward the beautiful loaded roster private school teams. 

Hell one poll today the guy is practically sucking the pecker of St. John Bosco talking about how he bet on them and everything. Hahaha. That's a tough hill to climb for Lowndes, at least in that poll. 

Good points. I  personally don't think MNW losing to IMG ain't nothing to be ashamed of. IMG only lost to SFA, so Lowndes shouldn't necessarily be penalized for MNW losing to IMG. Not too sure how the Champagnat CAthloic win for Lowndes will be seen if they win state in their class, but at the end of the day, you have a state champ on your resume.....possibly two. And like @ECHS05 was saying: Lowndes (even tho it would be kinda tough since you have the private schools in front of them) would have a very good argument for the MNC if they finish the drill in arguably the toughest playoff bracket in the country. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

Good points. I  personally don't think MNW losing to IMG ain't nothing to be ashamed of. IMG only lost to SFA, so Lowndes shouldn't necessarily be penalized for MNW losing to IMG. Not too sure how the Champagnat CAthloic win for Lowndes will be seen if they win state in their class, but at the end of the day, you have a state champ on your resume.....possibly two. And like @ECHS05 was saying: Lowndes (even tho it would be kinda tough since you have the private schools in front of them) would have a very good argument for the MNC if they finish the drill in arguably the toughest playoff bracket in the country. 

It's definitely a good playoff run, and they definitely stepped up their pre-region scheduling this season. 

Idk how it will play out. They definitely have to finish the drill for sure, and, it would be nice if they did it in some convincing fashion to help bolster the argument. 

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's definitely a good playoff run, and they definitely stepped up their pre-region scheduling this season. 

Idk how it will play out. They definitely have to finish the drill for sure, and, it would be nice if they did it in some convincing fashion to help bolster the argument. 

And besides, we need a champ from South Georgia to win it all this season. Hopefully Lowndes and my Demons can get it done.....assuming they win this Friday. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dntn31 said:

It's official now over at PrepForce

http://www.prepforce.com/pf_blog/front-page/2019-national-high-school-football-rankings-week-15/

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, the best oos win for Lowndes is Northwestern, who lost to IMG pretty handily. IMG then goes and bites the pillow for SFA who is lucky to be top five. 

That isn't as good of an oos win as Mater Dei had. Had Northwestern beaten IMG, then suddenly it's a better win. Champagnat Catholic has 2 more losses than the Lowndes loss. 

They just aren't that great of wins for a MNC argument in the long run. The better tact for Lowndes is the in state playoff run which is still ongoing. 

If you compare the oos wins that Mater Dei hold with SFA and Centennial Arizona, the SFA game is better than either of Lowndes and the Centennial is similar to Lowndes. SJB gets the privelege of riding the coat tail of MD in this scenario. Most see them as equal squads with the split record. Then figure in SJB destroyed Good Counsel who won the private league in Maryland, destroyed DeMatha and DBP who finished as the runner up in the BNU...

All of that doesn't make for a great argument for Lowndes at the moment. Depending on how they dispatch North Gwinnett and then if they also dispatch Marietta or Parkview, I figure them definitely a shoe in for top 5, maybe top 3. 

I just know it took Colquitt back to back undefeated seasons, while practically buzz sawing the entire state along with Hoover one of the years to finally break through. The first year 4th was the finish in the comp poll I think. Then after repeating that the next year they finally got a couple of mnc nods. 

In other words, it apparently takes more than one season to get over the hump when there is bias toward the beautiful loaded roster private school teams. 

Hell one poll today the guy is practically sucking the pecker of St. John Bosco talking about how he bet on them and everything. Hahaha. That's a tough hill to climb for Lowndes, at least in that poll. 

IMG didnt beat MNW handily really... Only scored 10 offensive points & MNW has ran over everyone else... And are ranked #17 in the country at PrepForce.

7 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Calling the Servite game a "slip" is highly subjective. SJB still won the game. A close win is still a win.

A real slip would be something more like actually losing to an inferior team (say something l ike 17-6 in week 0 or 50-49). 😉

True but it just looks bad that Servite got sandblasted by a Bishop Gorman team that lost to a 7-5 Liberty team.

It they keep De La Salle close, they risk losing out on it to STA.