Any guitar players here?

ChimpGrip

43 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

What is your opinion on Kramer guitars? I want an Eddie Van Halen Kramer for my first guitar. 

One just like in the picture 

D91FA7B7-39B3-45A0-8A23-7A21DD83D3A9.jpeg

I play. I own 2 solid axes: 2009 Jackson DNKY. It’s my fav...looks a lot like the Kramer body and neck, and is simply an all-around great guitar. And a 2005 Fender Stratocaster...also a great guitar, but it’s not a bad ass, original American-made Strat. I play both of those bad boys through 100 watts of Marshall awesomeness!😎 

My bloviating aside, Kramer makes a great guitar in my humble opinion. EVH nicknamed the guitar in the above pic “Frankenstein”. Obviously there is only one Frankenstein, but you can easily find that new or used model with Frank’s color scheme. Just google it. And also be advised that as far as sound, that is a custom made Kramer designed by EVH. If you want that Van Halen sound, you’ll have to google what he uses, accessory and equipment-wise to get it. Love the early VH guitar sound. Revolutionary!  Rock on, brother.🤘

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

I play. I own 2 solid axes: 2009 Jackson DNKY. It’s my fav...looks a lot like the Kramer body and neck, and is simply an all-around great guitar. And a 2005 Fender Stratocaster...also a great guitar, but it’s not a bad ass, original American-made Strat. I play both of those bad boys through 100 watts of Marshall awesomeness!😎 

My bloviating aside, Kramer makes a great guitar in my humble opinion. EVH nicknamed the guitar in the above pic “Frankenstein”. Obviously there is only one Frankenstein, but you can easily find that new or used model with Frank’s color scheme. Just google it. And also be advised that as far as sound, that is a custom made Kramer designed by EVH. If you want that Van Halen sound, you’ll have to google what he uses, accessory and equipment-wise to get it. Love the early VH guitar sound. Revolutionary!  Rock on, brother.🤘

EVH called it the Brown sound..love early VH!

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 5:46 PM, I AM IRONMAN said:

My son is learning...he wants to try Romeo Delight.  Ah i raised him well!!!☺

👍🏻 

My son took lessons from his school’s music teacher for a few years at age 9-10 and that set the table for years of playing enjoyment.   He initially focused on AC/DC and Metallica songs when taking lessons,  but now he enjoys and plays all types of music.   He still has his first electric, which is a basic Ibanez setup with a small Crate amp, but in recent years he mostly plays his Baby Taylor acoustic (really nice sound for the price imo).  I highly recommend you get your son into acoustic playing as well.  

• Thanks 1