Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ChimpGrip

Any guitar players here?

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

What is your opinion on Kramer guitars? I want an Eddie Van Halen Kramer for my first guitar. 

One just like in the picture 

D91FA7B7-39B3-45A0-8A23-7A21DD83D3A9.jpeg

I play. I own 2 solid axes: 2009 Jackson DNKY. It’s my fav...looks a lot like the Kramer body and neck, and is simply an all-around great guitar. And a 2005 Fender Stratocaster...also a great guitar, but it’s not a bad ass, original American-made Strat. I play both of those bad boys through 100 watts of Marshall awesomeness!😎 

My bloviating aside, Kramer makes a great guitar in my humble opinion. EVH nicknamed the guitar in the above pic “Frankenstein”. Obviously there is only one Frankenstein, but you can easily find that new or used model with Frank’s color scheme. Just google it. And also be advised that as far as sound, that is a custom made Kramer designed by EVH. If you want that Van Halen sound, you’ll have to google what he uses, accessory and equipment-wise to get it. Love the early VH guitar sound. Revolutionary!  Rock on, brother.🤘

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

The original Frankenstein was actually a Strat body.

GTFOH! No shit? Never knew that. More "custom" than I thought!😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

I play. I own 2 solid axes: 2009 Jackson DNKY. It’s my fav...looks a lot like the Kramer body and neck, and is simply an all-around great guitar. And a 2005 Fender Stratocaster...also a great guitar, but it’s not a bad ass, original American-made Strat. I play both of those bad boys through 100 watts of Marshall awesomeness!😎 

My bloviating aside, Kramer makes a great guitar in my humble opinion. EVH nicknamed the guitar in the above pic “Frankenstein”. Obviously there is only one Frankenstein, but you can easily find that new or used model with Frank’s color scheme. Just google it. And also be advised that as far as sound, that is a custom made Kramer designed by EVH. If you want that Van Halen sound, you’ll have to google what he uses, accessory and equipment-wise to get it. Love the early VH guitar sound. Revolutionary!  Rock on, brother.🤘

EVH called it the Brown sound..love early VH!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

GTFOH! No shit? Never knew that. More "custom" than I thought!😎


Strat body, thrift store neck IIRC, and gibson pickup. He basically built it from scratch himself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:


Strat body, thrift store neck IIRC, and gibson pickup. He basically built it from scratch himself.

Yep. But I'm still blown away that it's a Strat body! Not sure how I missed that for so long🤓

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 5:46 PM, I AM IRONMAN said:

My son is learning...he wants to try Romeo Delight.  Ah i raised him well!!!☺

👍🏻 

My son took lessons from his school’s music teacher for a few years at age 9-10 and that set the table for years of playing enjoyment.   He initially focused on AC/DC and Metallica songs when taking lessons,  but now he enjoys and plays all types of music.   He still has his first electric, which is a basic Ibanez setup with a small Crate amp, but in recent years he mostly plays his Baby Taylor acoustic (really nice sound for the price imo).  I highly recommend you get your son into acoustic playing as well.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...