Texas State Championship thread

ATLien12x

7 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Stream?

No, Fox Sports Southwest is pretty strict about it. They own the exclusive rights to all of the games. I just happen to get Fox Sports Southwest which always ups my interest in following the Texas playoffs. Been watching the final games and discussing them on the varsity board with prep’s crew since my first year here in 2014. Love Texas HSFB’s state championships they’re done very well and their pre and postgame shows are excellent 

You can always sign up for the YouTube TV free trial, set the zip code to somewhere in Texas (it’ll ask your zip code), and then watch all of the games this week. Cancel after Saturday and it won’t cost you a dime. I did that for the second SJB-Mater Dei game when I wasn’t home. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

No, Fox Sports Southwest is pretty strict about it. They own the exclusive rights to all of the games. I just happen to get Fox Sports Southwest which always ups my interest in following the Texas playoffs. Been watching the final games and discussing them on the varsity board with prep’s crew since my first year here in 2014. Love Texas HSFB’s state championships they’re done very well and their pre and postgame shows are excellent 

You can always sign up for the YouTube TV free trial, set the zip code to somewhere in Texas (it’ll ask your zip code), and then watch all of the games this week. Cancel after Saturday and it won’t cost you a dime. I did that for the second SJB-Mater Dei game when I wasn’t home. 

You damned football junkie! Haha. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You damned football junkie! Haha. 

Bro this ends Sunday. That’s so sad. Man, it goes by quickly 

I can watch any STATE’s championship game. Contender vs contender. Everything on the line. 48 minutes to be champions forever? Im in. Im always in! Enjoy it while its here 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

Hey that may be how it’s pronounced 🤣 my buddy keeps telling me the Fox guys are saying incorrectly. I don’t have a clue

Your buddy is wrong it is pronounced just as they are saying it.  @HawgGoneIt is on top of it.  Only a Real Texan knows how to say it

REFURRRIOOO  🤣  Even though it is spelled REFUGGGIIOOOOO

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

POST VS REFUGIO: these two teams are four hours away from each other  

15-0 vs 15-0. Someone’s 0 gotta go. 

Bro you Bout to lose your Honorary Texan Title.  These 2 teams are the farthest apart than any two at State. You have to drive like a Mofo to cover the Distance in 4 hrs.   This is Texas North to South is Helluva long.  

7 h 26 min (482.0 mi) via I-10 W.   Now if you said 4 hrs each from Dallas. 

Map from Refugio, Texas 78377 to Post, Texas 79356

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Your buddy is wrong it is pronounced just as they are saying it.  @HawgGoneIt is on top of it.  Only a Real Texan knows how to say it

REFURRRIOOO  🤣  Even though it is spelled REFUGGGIIOOOOO

Man, I lived in a cabin on a hill above a catfish pond about dead square even between Kilgore, Bullard and Tyler for a little over two years and I would have never known how to pronounce Refugio. Lol

Chapel Hill Bulldogs ftw! 

• Haha 2

Just now, DevilDog said:

Bro you Bout to lose your Honorary Texan Title.  These 2 teams are the farthest apart than any two at State. You have to drive like a Mofo to cover the Distance in 4 hrs.   This i Texas North to South is Helluva long.  

7 h 26 min (482.0 mi) via I-10 W.   Now if you said 4 hrs each from Dallas. 

Map from Refugio, Texas 78377 to Post, Texas 79356

My bad, Tepper said it was over 400 miles,  not four hours away. I just heard the 4 part wrong on the Dave Campbell’s preview video. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Man, I lived in a cabin on a hill above a catfish pond about dead square even between Kilgore, Bullard and Tyler for a little over two years and I would have never known how to pronounce Refugio. Lol

Chapel Hill Bulldogs ftw! 

When I moved back here from California.  I had to learn how to mispronounce these two as Well

In Cali it is San MARCOS and spelled the same in Texas it is San MARCUS 🤣  But Spelled San Marcos

In Cali it is Lancanster in Texas it is pronounced Lankaster 😎 But spelled Lancaster 

image.jpeg.da6a302167b37eb046f11b7fa66603f0.jpeg

• Haha 1