Texas State Championship thread

ATLien12x

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

They punted twice and he had two turnovers.

NS punted twice and had a TO.  That’s a wash. 

Lets not act as though JJ never punted, they’ve had several in these playoffs.  The FR played ok, JJ would have extended some plays but there is no guarantee he would have led DV on some scoring spree.  

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

NS punted twice and had a TO.  That’s a wash.  

He had two turnovers.

You can't punt when you turn the ball over. The other one was the RZ stop. You know, where they use Jackson as a battering ram(Big play no sustained drives to keep the defense fresh). I brought that specific scenario up to you earlier in the week. You said that they would just put in different personnel like its that easy to change your stripes the last week of the season

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

He had two turnovers.

You can't punt when you turn the ball over. The other one was the RZ stop. You know, where they use Jackson as a battering ram(Big play no sustained drives to keep the defense fresh). I brought that specific scenario up to you earlier in the week. You said that they would just put in different personnel like its that easy to change your stripes the last week of the season

On 12/15/2019 at 5:45 PM, steeler01 said:

They won't be able to replicate what Jackson brings to the table for them. A big physical battering ram on short yardage downs

On 12/15/2019 at 6:55 PM, steeler01 said:

Smith is very slow moving and I wouldn't use him for short yardage situations where everyone is trying to just stop him.

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

He had two turnovers.

And you still ignore the NS missing pieces, all of it matters. Without the pieces NS proved to be 2 scores better, with all pieces on both teams I still see it the same. We would have just had s higher scoring game.  48-34

Just now, steeler01 said:

Well what other options could they use Steeler if they weren’t going to use Smith in short yardages?  other personnel was their only other option.  I said they could use the wildcat which they did use in some cases.  

The problem with the goal line was the blocking, it was botched, missed assignments 

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

And you still ignore the NS missing pieces, all of it matters. Without the pieces NS proved to be 2 scores better, with all pieces on both teams I still see it the same. We would have just had s higher scoring game.  48-34

Zach Evans isn't a special player to me, and he didn't do anything last year that this years HB didn't do. 

Banks has been out during the NorthShore playoff run right?

Jackson is 80 percent of the Duncanville offense and he was there for the entire playoff run till the final. Banks nor Evans account for that 

5 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Steeler has now posted his quote of Smith being slow moving twice in this very thread as if we haven’t all seen it. He wants people to think he’s right sooo bad. Someone please acknowledge his quote so he’ll stop posting it over and over 🤣 

I see I have an admirer now. Go tell us how Marietta can't play with Lowndes again somewhere

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Steeler has now posted his quote of Smith being slow moving twice in this very thread as if we haven’t all seen it. He wants people to think he’s right sooo bad. Someone please acknowledge his quote so he’ll stop posting it over and over 🤣 

They telegraphed that play he is boasting about.  Not to mention the defense was in the backfield.

8 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Zach Evans isn't a special player to me, and he didn't do anything last year that this years HB didn't do. 

Jackson is 80 percent of the Duncanville offense. Banks nor Evans account for that 

Dude, you’re blind to NS If you think Banks and Evans aren’t assets.  

Hell Banks won it for NS last year in the SC. He had over 150 yards! 

Go watch Evans vs LT and KT this year, he killed it, especially vs LT. He is an added weapon you must account for.  He’s far from slop

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

They telegraphed that play he is boasting about.  Not to mention the defense was in the backfield.

They were inside the NS 5. That's where Jackson comes in to play. They score on that drive after the Daniels big play

Jackson makes that jet sweep go. Which opens up the running game for the HB as well, due to the fact that teams have to key on Jackson

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Dude, you’re blind to NS If you think Banks and Evans aren’t assets.

Banks is more important than Evans, but again, Banks didn't play for the playoff run right? That wasn't something they had to overcome for one game.

Evans isn't a special player.

Hell Banks won it for NS last year in he SC. He had over 150 yards! 

A hail mary won it

Go watch Evans vs LT and KT this year, he killed it, especially vs LT. He is an added weapon you must account for.

LT was outmatched in that game. KT was getting killed by Davis runs. I watched both of those games.

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Jackson is 80 percent of the Duncanville offense. Banks nor Evans account for that 

He is tremendous talent and is why he was originally ranked the #1 back in the nation

without question he has other issues.

16 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Banks is more important than Evans, but again, Banks didn't play for the playoff run right? That wasn't something they had to overcome for one game.

A hail mary won it

LT was outmatched in that game. KT was getting killed by Davis runs. I watched both of those games.

And Davis and Hagan the 3d string RB along with their OL beat  DV. A NS team that had controversy overnight, sent home their best RB, came out and hung 31 on DV running basically just Davis and hagan.   No trick plays, no wildcat, nothing.  

NS offense is elite, that was evident. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

They were inside the NS 5. That's where Jackson comes in to play. They score on that drive after the Daniels big play

Jackson makes that jet sweep go. Which opens up the running game for the HB as well, due to the fact that teams have to key on Jackson

Sure Jackson makes difference in the game.  Having said that NS probably calls different game themselves.

like most big games it came down to couple plays that the winning team executed on.

This was big boy elite football and to say anything else is simply false  and you know this.

25 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

A hail mary won it

No, they had to overcome the loss of their starting RB from the previous night.  Not only for the stand point of regrouping the team and their focus, but in his physical absence as well 

50 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

A hail mary won it

LT was outmatched in that game. KT was getting killed by Davis runs. I watched both of those games

Nearly every team in this great country would be overmatched vs NS.  
You know this already