Anybody Else Have About Now in the Impeachment Over-Under?

15yds4gibberish

Who could have possibly foreseen any of this?...

I was thinking about an old thread, so I went back to take a look.  We switched from Rivals to Prepgrid late in 2016 (after the election I think), so much of the lead up discussion to the election isn’t on Prepgrid, but post-election discussion is.  People don’t remember, but before the 2016 election, @noonereal was a Trump advocate.  I believe he did the rare thing and actually changed some minds and votes toward Trump (but I obviously can’t know if that’s true).  It wasn’t until after the election that Nor himself said that he had a voting booth epiphany and changed his mind.

In early Jan 2017, Nor, I, and others, had a discussion about Trump prior to the inauguration.  It’s interesting to look back at that thread now.  The discussion took place before anybody knew there was an FBI investigation, before the Steele Dossier, before all the campaign criminal convictions, and on and on.  Despite all that has come to pass since Trump took office, the underlying themes about his presidency we are discussing today were the same basic themes were discussing then.  At the time, I argued that Trump was too fundamentally corrupt and unfit for office (emoluments, tax returns, inability to understand government and the importance of norms required for a functioning democracy, the serial lying etc.).  Nor told me I was being ‘whimsical,’ ‘self-serving,’ and ‘supercilious…’ 

Maybe, but he caused me to speculate when impeachment hearings would begin…

image.png.4cac3d3ecb76cec7db6e612ba953c813.png

A lot of water has passed under the bridge since then.  Hard to remember exactly how serious I was 3 years ago with my prediction, but it’s also clear there was enough basic underlying corruption already set in motion that would eventually lead us to today, causing me to speculate at the time.  Please note that while I disagree with nearly every policy of this president (Paris, tariffs, kids in cages, tax cuts for the rich, etc..), I’ve always been pretty clear that policy choices are not impeachable offenses.  My argument hasn’t really changed, my argument has always been about Trump’s fundamental corruption and unfitness for the job.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Who could have possibly foreseen any of this?...

I was thinking about an old thread, so I went back to take a look.  We switched from Rivals to Prepgrid late in 2016 (after the election I think), so much of the lead up discussion to the election isn’t on Prepgrid, but post-election discussion is.  People don’t remember, but before the 2016 election, @noonereal was a Trump advocate.  I believe he did the rare thing and actually changed some minds and votes toward Trump (but I obviously can’t know if that’s true).  It wasn’t until after the election that Nor himself said that he had a voting booth epiphany and changed his mind.

In early Jan 2017, Nor, I, and others, had a discussion about Trump prior to the inauguration.  It’s interesting to look back at that thread now.  The discussion took place before anybody knew there was an FBI investigation, before the Steele Dossier, before all the campaign criminal convictions, and on and on.  Despite all that has come to pass since Trump took office, the underlying themes about his presidency we are discussing today were the same basic themes were discussing then.  At the time, I argued that Trump was too fundamentally corrupt and unfit for office (emoluments, tax returns, inability to understand government and the importance of norms required for a functioning democracy, the serial lying etc.).  Nor told me I was being ‘whimsical,’ ‘self-serving,’ and ‘supercilious…’ 

Maybe, but he caused me to speculate when impeachment hearings would begin…

image.png.4cac3d3ecb76cec7db6e612ba953c813.png

A lot of water has passed under the bridge since then.  Hard to remember exactly how serious I was 3 years ago with my prediction, but it’s also clear there was enough basic underlying corruption already set in motion that would eventually lead us to today, causing me to speculate at the time.  Please note that while I disagree with nearly every policy of this president (Paris, tariffs, kids in cages, tax cuts for the rich, etc..), I’ve always been pretty clear that policy choices are not impeachable offenses.  My argument hasn’t really changed, my argument has always been about Trump’s fundamental corruption and unfitness for the job.

So u dont want the country to collect millions in tariffs? Rather be ripped off in trade?

Kids in cages was an obama policy that trump continued esp when these so called kids dont belong to anyone and are being passed from one person to another at the border 

People in states that matter seem to be happy with the tax cuts. Esp when the companies are giving bonuses and are hiring more and more people. The latest example being ford 5000 jobs in michigan 

For a guy that u said is unfit for the job he sure is doing a lot of good 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Trump's impeached?

MSM, deep state, domestic terrorism, China, the economy, America first, uh, political suicide, Trump's winning... --- Jesus Christ isn't the only the person to have been crucified for saving the world. 

Lincoln was shot in the head for helping people

JFK was shot in the head

RFK shot

Malcolm x shot

MLK shot 

If your in the mood as a politician to actually help people beware 

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Lincoln was shot in the head for helping people

JFK was shot in the head

RFK shot

Malcolm x shot

MLK shot 

If your in the mood as a politician to actually help people beware 

And Jesus Christ himself. Trump's just trying to help the people. May God bless him and all those who are as selfless as he is and who share his same willingness to sacrifice his own welfare for the good of others. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, concha said:

Actually, idiot leftists' bullshit impeachment will win him re-election. Markets are up, his polling is up... 

The stupidity on your side of the aisle is hilarious. 

yea...it's always nicer to run on having been impeached!...nice to have on the old resume...:$

4 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

yea...it's always nicer to run on having been impeached!...nice to have on the old resume...:$

Dumbass, yes. In this case it is. The American public recognizes that this is a complete bullshit temper tantrum by the Democrats.

His odds to win re-election are up ten points in the last month. Ten-effing-points.

Are you people so fucking stupid that you think he's going to be hurt by this? 🤣

He's going to USE it. He's going to saddle-up a horse named Impeachment and ride it all the way to re-election.

https://electionbettingodds.com/President2020.html

Investors are even more confident in re-election. 79% currently, up from 66% in September. 😂

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-18/more-investors-expect-trump-to-win-in-2020-rbc-survey-says

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, concha said:

Dumbass, yes. In this case it is. The American public recognizes that this is a complete bullshit temper tantrum by the Democrats.

His odds to win re-election are up ten points in the last month. Ten-effing-points.

Are you people so fucking stupid that you think he's going to be hurt by this? 🤣

He's going to USE it. He's going to saddle-up a horse named Impeachment and ride it all the way to re-election.

https://electionbettingodds.com/President2020.html

Investors are even more confident in re-election. 79% currently, up from 66% in September. 😂

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-18/more-investors-expect-trump-to-win-in-2020-rbc-survey-says

temper tantrum huh??..LOL..is that what you clowns call it when Trump gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar??..none of this is HIS fault and the call was "perfect" right??...has he ever done anything wrong??....O.o

what a bunch of silly excuse makers you clowns are...putting a POS Pres. before your country...:$

6 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

temper tantrum huh??..LOL..is that what you clowns call it when Trump gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar??..none of this is HIS fault and the call was "perfect" right??...has he ever done anything wrong??....O.o

what a bunch of silly excuse makers you clowns are...putting a POS Pres. before your country...:$

You really are too stupid for belief.

There were literally no first-hand witnesses.  The Ukrainians even called bullshit. 🤣

In the end, you assholes got nuthin'.

Trump will be re-elected EASILY.

Thanks for the election gift, Idiots.

Four more years of prosperity and you people shitting yourselves every damned day...

🤣

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, concha said:

[...]

Yep. A similar thing happened in '98.

Most people don't really care whether the President has or hasn't acted appropriately; what they really want is for the Government to stop fighting amongst themselves and to help solve their (the people's) problems. Democrats are looking a bit too politically motivated, just like the Republicans did in '98. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Yep. A similar thing happened in '98.

Most people don't really care whether the President has or hasn't acted appropriately; what they really want is for the Government to stop fighting amongst themselves and to help solve their (the people's) problems. Democrats are looking a bit too politically motivated, just like the Republicans did in '98. 

But it was AFTER the ‘98 election, the GOP got it done quickly after Starr released his report, and the impeachment was bipartisan.  None of these things may be operative this time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, concha said:

You really are too stupid for belief.

There were literally no first-hand witnesses.  The Ukrainians even called bullshit. 🤣

In the end, you assholes got nuthin'.

Trump will be re-elected EASILY.

Thanks for the election gift, Idiots.

Four more years of prosperity and you people shitting yourselves every damned day...

🤣

the assholes got nothing huh??...they got an impeachment moron...he'll go down in history book as a traitor POS...LOL..😉...and he'll have 2 astericks next to his name now...1 for losing the popular election and 1 for being impeached...😔