Significant 2020 Confirmed OOS games

imaGoodBoyNow

11 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

DBP was the #2 in NJ in 2019. Play #1 SPP in 2020. AHP is always good down in FL. I’ve seen way worse OOS schedules for T150 teams. 

SPP is a step up...Gonzaga was better than all the teams they've scheduled the last several years...and that's why they played them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WCACguy said:

Yeah but the five straight wins over DeMatha (after about 25 straight losses) seems to bother some DeMatha diehards...lol.

Maybe DM fans were bothered the week after those 5 games. SJC just doesn’t show up when it counts. 2 championships in 40+ years. That’s embarrassing, almost cringeworthy considering the support that school has across the board. 

The reality of the matter is, DM fans are envious of the Plank money. Everyone in the WCAC is and they’re lying if they say otherwise. As far as what SJC does on the field, we’re all good. Keep it up!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Maybe DM fans were bothered the week after those 5 games. SJC just doesn’t show up when it counts. 2 championships in 40+ years. That’s embarrassing, almost cringeworthy considering the support that school has across the board. 

The reality of the matter is, DM fans are envious of the Plank money. Everyone in the WCAC is and they’re lying if they say otherwise. As far as what SJC does on the field, we’re all good. Keep it up!

Lol...yeah you're over it...just messing with you...I am an SJC fan these days due to knowing more kids/parents there but also pull for DeMatha and Good Counsel...not so much Gonzaga. And if you're being honest with yourself SJC has been the most successful WCAC team the last four years with one title, two runner-ups and the most regular season league wins ( by a decent margin). But I agree they under-achieved...should have won four championships in a row.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

Lol...yeah you're over it...just messing with you...I am an SJC fan these days due to knowing more kids/parents there but also pull for DeMatha and Good Counsel...not so much Gonzaga. And if you're being honest with yourself SJC has been the most successful WCAC team the last four years with one title, two runner-ups and the most regular season league wins ( by a decent margin). But I agree they under-achieved...should have won four championships in a row.

I’m joking as well without the lol’s. That obviously gets lost in text, so hold off on patting yourself on the back. I’m a DM fan because I went and played there. I support SJC, GZ and GC other than that. If you take a jab at DM I’m coming right back with one. It’s part of the deal and nobody here is immune to that. 

I agree SJC’s body of work has been very impressive, but you know the phrase, “people only remember who won”. The WCAC championship is what matters at the end of the day. Good Counsel holds the title now, and everyone else is just molding historical facts to fit their agenda. Me included.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Getting worse by the season. 

That’s ludicrous.  You’re also not going to help yourself with DM by saying something like this.

Over the past five years:

Miami Central (USA Today #2)

AHP ( two weeks after they beat IMG)

SJB (national champion)(2019)

STA (apology for not originally including in this list)

Bishop Gorman (national champion)

SJR 

SJC, GZ, GC

I must add that Bill and DeMatha have played the absolute best whether it was SJB last year or DLS 140 games into their streak. ( state of CA vetoed the after season game)  Or the Bishop.  Or North Hills.  Or St X. Or Brockton.  All of these when they were on top.

How about playing Moeller in  Faust’s last year?  Whether in ‘80 or ‘20 DeMatha has and will play the absolute best.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

That’s ludicrous.  You’re also not going to help yourself with DM by saying something like this.

SJR 

SJC, GZ, GC

I must add that Bill and DeMatha have played the absolute best whether it was SJB last year or DLS 140 games into their streak. ( state of CA vetoed the after season game)  Or the Bishop.  Or North Hills.  Or St X. Or Brockton.  All of these when they were on top.

How about playing Moeller in  Faust’s last year?  Whether in ‘80 or ‘20 DeMatha has and will play the absolute best.

He thinks that calling folks out will help his cause when it turns many more off rather than make them pick up the phone and call him saying "get me MD!" xD

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WCACguy said:

I honestly think Dematha has under achieved also with the talent they’ve had on the LOS and RB.    If they had a semi decent pass game they’d have been pretty damn good. 

24 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

SJR 

SJC, GZ, GC

They went to Ft. Laud to play STA too.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He thinks that calling folks out will help his cause when it turns many more off rather than make them pick up the phone and call him saying "get me MD!" xD

That’s funny. Not everyone can play SFA and IMG regardless of personnel. I respect coaches more for turning down guaranteed ass whoopins, than to throw their team to slaughter to complete some JUCO team’s schedule 

Now when the team doesn’t care, then it’s on them. I let them know what they are getting into. Lol 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You're making my point. OOS games were a major priority under Elijah's leadership (and before). Not since he left.  

Bill McGregor scheduled and played California’s SJB in CA  (U. S.#1), Cleveland St. Ignatius (storied program who beat the #1 team in Ohio the week before DM), VA’s Life Christian Academy and Philadelphia Imhotep last year.  I believe they also scrimmaged Philadelphia St. Joseph’s.

California, Ohio, Pennsylvania and VA in his first year back for OOS games.

DeMatha and Bill McGregor is one of the absolute best programs in America.  And has been since he started in 1981.  

8 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Perhaps but these events have slowly been growing so who's to say it couldn't happen in the future?

I don't know if people would have thought we would see Trinity league vs USA or GA vs USA 10-15 years ago 

Find sponsors and anything can happen, that’s the key to these showcases 

is a good sponsor 

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

What sponsor would ever invest in Columbia vs Thomasville? 

Actually I used to buy epoxy flooring from lake city so there is one big company that is a possibility https://www.everlastepoxy.com

@Columbiafan it wouldn’t hurt sending this guy an email if he’s interested in his company sponsoring CHS football team

56960724-C1C4-4AB4-B31B-7622C0A3E5FF.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Actually I used to buy epoxy flooring from lake city so there is one big company that is a possibility https://www.everlastepoxy.com

@Columbiafan it wouldn’t hurt sending this guy an email if he’s interested in his company sponsoring CHS football team

56960724-C1C4-4AB4-B31B-7622C0A3E5FF.png

What did the carpet say to the epoxy floor from Lake City?

Don't move! I've got you covered! 

1618450613_giphy(1).gif.18e990c203147006ece02f7989c76811.gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1