Mater Dei and SJB "Transfer QB-2020"

Texasfrog

I also still find it a huge shock, well I already started a thread on that, that despite having a very rich history, not even once, has LB Poly ever finished ranked number 1 in the Nation in football before, for a program that has sent more players to the NFL than any other high school in the country, that raises eyebrows a lot. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

The “computer” must have 2001 DLS confused with 2001 “De Soto TX”....🤣🤣

I would laugh if it weren’t for the fact that  Poly in 2001 played about as much defense as St John Bosco and Mater Dei in 2001...

neutral field

[2017] Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) 62,

[2001] Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) 0

[2001] St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA) 0

[2017] Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) 48,

[2003] DeSoto (TX) 7

[2001] Poly (Long Beach, CA) 7

*By the way, if your state’s computer 💻 acknowledged anyone else’s football 🏈 before 2003, I would look up 2001 DeSoto. 

1 hour ago, SeaShells21 said:

I would laugh if it weren’t for the fact that  Poly in 2001 played about as much defense as St John Bosco and Mater Dei in 2001...

neutral field

[2001] Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) 0

[2001] St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA) 0

[2017] Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) 48,

[2003] DeSoto (TX) 7

[2001] Poly (Long Beach, CA) 7

*By the way, if your state’s computer 💻 acknowledged anyone else’s football 🏈 before 2003, I would look up 2001 DeSoto. 

I think the computer has some sort of Virus or something....🤣🤣....

On 3/5/2020 at 10:12 PM, SeaShells21 said:

Per Calpreps; No luck against Mater Dei apparently...

neutral field
[2017] Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) 42, [2018] North Shore (Houston, TX) 26

neutral field
[2017] Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) 44, [2016] Lake Travis (Austin, TX) 22

neutral field
[2017] Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) 42, [2015] Katy (TX) 17

neutral field
[2017] Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) 42, [2013] Allen (TX) 28

neutral field
[2017] Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) 50, [2009] Trinity (Euless, TX) 14

neutral field
[2017] Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) 48, [2005] Carroll (Southlake, TX) 22

Pretty much how most with any hsfb knowledge would see it.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

for many years now, I've had this sarcastic mindset towards MD, and i'm sure its a true fact most people can agree with, the fact about MD, is that even though the school is located in Santa Ana, the vast majority of MD students are NOT Santa Ana residents, a very small percentage of MD students are actually Santa Ana residents.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

for many years now, I've had this sarcastic mindset towards MD, and i'm sure its a true fact most people can agree with, the fact about MD, is that even though the school is located in Santa Ana, the vast majority of MD students are NOT Santa Ana residents, a very small percentage of MD students are actually Santa Ana residents.

That has been true since the 60’s

On 3/17/2020 at 7:43 PM, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

As a MD alum from the 80s, I can assure you that there are many MD students who are Santa Ana residents.  Oh, you meant football players!  Of course, just like hardly any players at SJB are from Bellflower or DLS players from Concord or Gorman players from Vegas.  Your point?

14 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The above can be said about every private high school in America. Private high schools are regional in nature. They all need to attract paying students from a larger radius in order to survive. 

How are they able to attract...private school student bodies are typically racially insensitive and bigoted?

Regards,

BGW

16 hours ago, MD87 said:

As a MD alum from the 80s, I can assure you that there are many MD students who are Santa Ana residents.  Oh, you meant football players!  Of course, just like hardly any players at SJB are from Bellflower or DLS players from Concord or Gorman players from Vegas.  Your point?

I was implying all MD students, whether they are athletes or not, regardless of sport, as for Garden State Baller's post, it sounds like, an easy way to sum up private school vs public school comparison differences, is that public schools are limited or confined to a certain geography, meanwhile private schools can accept students from anywhere regardless of where they live. Plus, tuition fees as well, private schools require you pay in order to attend, but can live anywhere you want, public schools are free, but at the same time, require that you live a certain distance from the campus.