Q&A with USA Academy Chairman, Dustin DeVaughn

PrepGridiron

45 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I have no doubt that they can install a similar program anywhere that the families or.community care about the kids. Not certain how it would go for a private academy like the one they are attempting, being that the local volunteer pool may not be all in on kids from everywhere else. I imagine it will almost have to be a paid staff there. Likely the coaches helping in the beginning. 

Again, I'm not sure what kind of money this thing will have to begin with, but, of the resources(including help) are available, they'll do well on that end. 

This. Colquitt County High school is a publicly funded school with enrollment ~1,800 students, meaning well over 3,000 interested parents. It was formed when three schools were consolidated over 40 years ago. So, it's a large program that has been a very large part of the area for four decades. Lots of folks have a vested interest in the program, regardless of who the head football coach is. 

USA Academy has none of the above.In fact, it's almost the inverse. Most all of the programs they figure to be trying to poach from (we have to assume Birmingham, Montgomery,  Atlanta and all of Georgia will be their largest "target markets".) are very well established with families who've been involved for decades. USA Academy is a threat to those programs; it is to be opposed. Why would anyone want to leave the program they've been involved with to go work for this academy?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

IMG offers personal trainers, dieticians and a training table that 99% of these kids' families could NEVER afford. There's no better preparation for life at the next level than at IMG. It's why so many college coaches want their early commits to go there for at least a year.

The amount of athletes that are competing for starting spots the second they step on campus speaks to the benefits of attending IMG or an elite program with a real S&C program. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, badrouter said:

This. Colquitt County High school is a publicly funded school with enrollment ~1,800 students, meaning well over 3,000 interested parents. It was formed when three schools were consolidated over 40 years ago. So, it's a large program that has been a very large part of the area for four decades. Lots of folks have a vested interest in the program, regardless of who the head football coach is. 

USA Academy has none of the above.In fact, it's almost the inverse. Most all of the programs they figure to be trying to poach from (we have to assume Birmingham, Montgomery,  Atlanta and all of Georgia will be their largest "target markets".) are very well established with families who've been involved for decades. USA Academy is a threat to those programs; it is to be opposed. Why would anyone want to leave the program they've been involved with to go work for this academy?

Money and fame. The potential for being on the proposed documentary and streamed across the various services could propel people to stardom if people like them. Suddenly their stock is through the roof. 

Like I said previously, I like the plan. It seems doable. They are just apparently not at the correct point in all of the planning process. Seems like the cart is a bit ahead of the horse over all. 

If they can get 60 kids, and obviously the plan is to board them, there won't be many parent volunteers. They'll have to do it all themselves. The coaches and other staff and potentially the kids themselves have to pitch in some. Idk how they'll make that part work, but, I have confidence that Rush and Stefnie will figure it out on that end one way or the other. 

They need Dusty to get his end done so they can work their magic. Hiring Rush gave them instant recruiting power, and a vast college contact list, along with national relevancy almost from day one. It also gave them instant blowback and controversy. All good for a documentary. 

On 1/7/2020 at 7:53 PM, badrouter said:

But it wasn't-couldn't be- Rush doing all of that on his own. He needed a quality support staff to make all of that go. Certainly in order to come close to matching IMG, or many other programs for that matter.

Spot on.  And he’s too modest to say so but Hawg was deeply involved as part of that support staff.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 10:15 PM, HurricaneNick said:

The amount of athletes that are competing for starting spots the second they step on campus speaks to the benefits of attending IMG or an elite program with a real S&C program. 

HN,

What specifically are the benefits?

-Testadura/St Joes Fan Boy/ Rabbi Yosef Non-Fan Girl

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

USA has scheduled to play eight teams from outside Alabama this fall, including the number one high school team in Canada. In other words, DeVaughn anticipates the 5,000 seat football stadium to be completed before the season begins this fall.

LOL!

We got equipment on the ground for the first time. I think it’s my maturity. I’m ready for this," said landowner DeVaughn.

I need visual proof.  Pics, video or whatever.

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They’re playing IMG, SFA, GC and SJC among others. Why won’t Lakeland? 

Lakeland is a public high school-a real school, not a fraud masquerading as a school- that's not allowed to openly recruit or house players. So, they don't figure to mess around with the wealthy private schools, much less the poser academies openly recruiting and housing players from around the country.

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Willy P and Montclair State have already been contacted for SFA.

see, now you're thinking.  The key is to go unhinged and then ramp it up.  if you need substances, then take them.  as DiCaprio said, people only believe what you tell them.  say something, baby

Liberalism is collapsing as we speak. The Hard Left is cannibalizing itself.  What's coming to take its place?  I don't know.  Have at it.  Make a statement.  Make a buck.  Law of the jungle but with handouts and social justice.

Aaron Pryor--perpetual motion. 

"Remember Frederick the Great: l'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace!"  (Used in the movie "Patton" though this is really a misquotation the the phrase was first said by Danton.  Some say Napoleon.)  "Audacity, audacity, always audacity."

• dntn31 unpinned this topic