Q&A with USA Academy Chairman, Dustin DeVaughn

PrepGridiron

Just now, ATLien12x said:

Apparently everyone on here but you knows how I know about the depth chart 🤣

I don't snoop around trying to find out about people's identities. Even if I joked about Kenyatta. Nor do I spend any time in private messages with people here. But, if everyone knows, surely you could enlighten me as well. 

51 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

What do you mean, there like 15 mins from WTC , they play on the Hudson, that’s probably the most logical team to play if your gonna incorporate 911 into the theme

GardenStateBaller claimed that it makes sense that USA Academy would play on 9/11.

Despite the fact that USA stands for Ultimate Student Athlete and has nothing to do with 9/11, American Airlines, the World Trade Center, the FDNY, etc.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Lmao 😂 I swear how people last this long in life I just don’t get it

for people that actually care, this is how close they are to the city

63214083-A7B4-423F-8B84-242B343C8D7D.jpeg

What does this have to do with what GardenStateBaller said about USA Academy?

And that's not New York City in the background, dipshit.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

I’m really good friends with KW

Ok. Not exactly an objective perspective here. Why not share some more information that might refute some of the things we say here? What are some schools who have lost players to USAA? How many teachers are currently employed there? Do any of them have teaching credentials?

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You should be proud that we all live in a country that allows choices (classroom, online and or home-school) of education.

That's not his point.

His point is that Dustin DeVaughn is an incompetent clown who isn't qualified to run an educational institution.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

We live in a great country that allows opportunity for any and all. He can do whatever he likes with his time and money. What would be way worse is having regrets for the rest of one's life for not trying to fulfill a lifelong dream. 

You're incomparably stupid.

Educational institutions have to be accredited. There is at least some standard that has to be met.

And even if there wasn't. A person should have at least some self-awareness and self-restraint in this situation. People like Dustin DeVaughn should be changing my oil. Not running a school.

But this is a perfect example of how people like you are bamboozled by frauds and charlatans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You should be proud that we all live in a country that allows choices (classroom, online and or home-school) of education. More and more families are destined to go this route (or the private route) as public education deteriorates around the country, especially in the SE region. 

There are many more pressing things in life to worry about. When has a "pop-up" school ever being relevant in hsfb? Name me one. 

The discussion about why public schools struggle is complex. But, a major problem escalating now is the diversion of taxpayer dollars, earmarked for public schools, towards unaccountable charter schools and, increasingly, private religious schools. The fact that a chump who wants to be on TV for football can start a school AND potentially get his hands on- or get students paying tuition with- taxpayer dollars for his operation is fucking bullshit. 

USAA isn't relevant at the moment. But, they are, at best, a pop-up school. And that's being generous, as I'm not convinced they are a real school.

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

We live in a great country that allows opportunity for any and all. He can do whatever he likes with his time and money. What would be way worse is having regrets for the rest of one's life for not trying to fulfill a lifelong dream. 

One shouldn't get to pretend to be an educator and then enroll teenagers in a sham school. 

But, you continue to give the game away (though we didn't need you to do that to see it): It's all about Dusty. Dusty wants to be on TV, with his team winning. He's not in it for the kids. He's in it for himself. Just like his hero/our President. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badrouter said:

One shouldn't get to pretend to be an educator and then enroll teenagers in a sham school. 

But, you continue to give the game away (though we didn't need you to do that to see it): It's all about Dusty. Dusty wants to be on TV, with his team winning. He's not in it for the kids. He's in it for himself. Just like his hero/our President. 

GardenStateBaller is infantile. He responds in the exact way that you would expect a child would.

If someone told me they wanted to go off on their own and start a business I'd say "great!"

But if someone who was an insurance salesman and had no educational experience told me that they were going to start a high school and hire Rush Propst I'd say that's probably irresponsible.

Just because someone can do something doesn't mean that they should.

GardenStateBaller doesn't understand that.

Because he's a cokehead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, badrouter said:

This can't be emphasized enough.

There are frauds like GardenStateBaller who scream "land of the free!" but the point is that a fertilizer salesman shouldn't start a school.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, The Guru said:

GardenStateBaller is infantile. He responds in the exact way that you would expect a child would.

If someone told me they wanted to go off on their own and start a business I'd say "great!"

But if someone who was an insurance salesman and had no educational experience told me that they were going to start a high school and hire Rush Propst I'd say that's probably irresponsible.

Just because someone can do something doesn't mean that they should.

GardenStateBaller doesn't understand that.

Because he's a cokehead.

Yep. And the fact that someone wants to be a doctor doesn't mean they should be able to just start practicing and working on patients. Even if their family owns some land and decides they want to open an office...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Yep. And the fact that someone wants to be a doctor doesn't mean they should be able to just start practicing and working on patients. Even if their family owns some land and decides they want to open an office...

Here in Florida the Legislature is trying to pass a law that would allow Physician's Assistants and Nurses to be General Practitioners.

Which, of course, would drive down the quality of care and discourage people from becoming doctors.

In other words, expertise is overrated. Just let anybody do whatever they want.

It's government by GardenStateBaller.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I would understand this plan if the first season was going to be 2021 or 2022.

Same here. If you have your facilities it makes sense. This thing is half baked, and, I'll honestly be surprised if they ever build a building. They may do it, but, I'll be surprised. I'll stick with the ECA model as to what this will turn out to be, and as soon as some certain kids are gone through, the money will be gone too. 

I figure Dustin is rushing it to get his family members on the team before they're too old. Idk that, but, it doesn't make much sense to start in this apparently rushed fashion. 

• Like 1