Q&A with USA Academy Chairman, Dustin DeVaughn

PrepGridiron

On 1/25/2020 at 2:25 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Quick learner!

My job is officially complete. What happens next is purely up to the powers at be down in the Yellowhammer State. Hoping that their passion and enthusiasm gets them to where they want to be sooner than later. 

Your job is complete 😂.  You don’t even remember what you write.

00D8405D-937B-488C-BF4B-C8FF8CBFFCA1.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 2:19 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

At least three current IMG players have already contacted them according to DD

I should have said this at the beginning of this thread, but better late than never.  Your penchant for reducing everything to cryptic initials is usually just moderately annoying, but in this case it borders on blasphemy.

I’m only going to say this once (actually I’m going to say it every time I see you slip up), but there is only one DD on this forum.  Like him or love him.  It’s Devil Dog.

For you to gratuitously refer to some stay-tuned, fly-by-night, let-me-start-a-football-factory-in-a-cow-pasture opportunist as DD is completely unacceptable.

Just stop it.  If you’re too lazy to type Dustin D-something then don’t post at all.

Fair warning.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’ll give them that, their schedule ain’t bad for a team with no players

Shit, I'm sat here thinking, what if they can't really build a team by then? All these schools gonna be scrambling for a game. 

I mean, I understand there are kids interested, but, what if they don't live near by? Where they gonna live? These kids start finding out they gotta sleep somewhere weird or whatever, they still gonna stack a team? 

It's just hard to believe schools signing on to play a team that doesn't even exist yet. xD

Or does it exist? Can we get a roster? 

• Like 1

I ain't gonna say where I got it from, but, the reason we ain't seeing construction updates and all like we were told we would, they're still fighting through trying to get permitted/rezoned etc., possibly having to switch to a different property due to lack of planning.  

Like I said before, they gonna need city sewer taps and all, so, location is important. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Shit, I'm sat here thinking, what if they can't really build a team by then? All these schools gonna be scrambling for a game. 

I mean, I understand there are kids interested, but, what if they don't live near by? Where they gonna live? These kids start finding out they gotta sleep somewhere weird or whatever, they still gonna stack a team? 

It's just hard to believe schools signing on to play a team that doesn't even exist yet. xD

This isn't going to be the HS football Fyre fest without lots of other people ending up shit out of luck. 

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I ain't gonna say where I got it from, but, the reason we ain't seeing construction updates and all like we were told we would, they're still fighting through trying to get permitted/rezoned etc., possibly having to switch to a different property due to lack of planning.  

Like I said before, they gonna need city sewer taps and all, so, location is important. 

Has that bunch in Colquitt delivered the 140 septic tanks yet? That's the hold up.

They are gonna run port a Johns the first season. 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Has that bunch in Colquitt delivered the 140 septic tanks yet? That's the hold up.

They are gonna run port a Johns the first season. 

Well, like the port-a-potty guy told me one time... Life is a lot like toilet paper. Sometimes you're on a roll, sometimes you're taking shit from someone. 

xD

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Damn, in watching the tape I couldn't help but notice all the potential athletes at the one opponent, Lighthouse Homeschool Athletics, who now have a better option to star on a national level. I didn't realize how important a place like USA Academy will be for all the under served home-school studs in this country.

18 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Shit, they have plenty of room for tents on that field.  No problem. 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Still waiting on the other PGL client, “Bishop Sycamore” to reveal their roster from last season...

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

If they pull this off it will be a miracle.  It will take a crew of 1000 men working 24/7  to have this ready by August.

It's not happening. Not this year. 

If they haven't already, they'd be better to start figuring out what stadium they can rent or borrow for home games at this point. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's not happening. Not this year. 

If they haven't already, they'd be better to start figuring out what stadium they can rent or borrow for home games at this point. 

I wonder if they may try to play at the Cramton Bowl in Montgomery? A lot of hs teams play there now maybe hard to get dates available.  I also think since this not a ahsaa school finding a field maybe tough. The head of the AHSAA Steve Saverse hates Propst. Because Rush beat him while at Daphne.  Steve Saverse is a big private school guy so if he thinks a private school could rent its field to USA and make money he may allow it.  Another point I doubt any schools will try to help a school who is recruiting players from public schools. Example would be why would Prattville 20 mintues away try to help them knowing they might try steal a player.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I wonder if they may try to play at the Cramton Bowl in Montgomery? A lot of hs teams play there now maybe hard to get dates available.  I also think since this not a ahsaa school finding a field maybe tough. The head of the AHSAA Steve Saverse hates Propst. Because Rush beat him while at Daphne.  Steve Saverse is a big private school guy so if he thinks a private school could rent its field to USA and make money he may allow it.  Another point I doubt any schools will try to help a school who is recruiting players from public schools. Example would be why would Prattville 20 mintues away try to help them knowing they might try steal a player.  

Well, in the presser, they said they intended to play games on Thursdays and Saturdays to avoid conflicting with actual high school games. That could help with finding open dates for stadium use.

I do agree with the assessment they may not be well received by other schools in the areas, so, they may not be open for sharing facilities. 

13 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

How much does it cost to rent HS fields in AL? Asking because because if he has to pay for them and its bank, where is the money going to come from?  Does the "school" get money from whichever student loan company they use per player they get to run their tuition through them?  Lots of questions.  Not many answers.  But as for building anything this year and playing on it by August there is ZERO chance that it happens.  And if it somehow did, I would be worried about the quality of the finished product. 

• Like 1