Q&A with USA Academy Chairman, Dustin DeVaughn

PrepGridiron

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I’m assisting KS Concrete of Moultrie to secure the concrete bid. Kitt over there is a good friend. Maybe that’ll put your mind at ease. 

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Maybe so. Their office is right down the road from my house actually. I watch their race cars go round and round out at Needmore occasionally. Btw, it's B&S Concrete. 

Next time you talk to Kitt tell him the local folk are saying he acts just like a Bozeman. xD

30 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I guess you just start off "elite" these days....it's all cool 

Well you clowns love to deem IMG as elite when they haven't even had a football program for 10 years and have no playoff appearances, state titles or national titles

What's the difference?

You all deem IMG elite because on paper they have elite talent so by same logic we won't know if this new school is elite until we see their final roster 

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Maybe so. Their office is right down the road from my house actually. I watch their race cars go round and round out at Needmore occasionally. Btw, it's B&S Concrete. 

Actually, Kitt has ventured off on his own. GSB has facilitated he communication for Kitt and I. We are excited about the potential opportunity.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They don't even have a team. They have some roots and plans. 

When feet put to the fire on "plans" they go silent. I have plans too. But having plans that resemble something an architect drew up, and actual city, county, state permits for infrastructure etc. is totally different. Once you have those types of plans, you don't have to talk in circles, because, you can then give answers. 

What about spring practice? 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He should have answered the question. He's free game now. I don't like circle speak or politicians glossing over or beating around the bush. 

In my opinion, he's on a fishing expedition with salesman talk right now. Even simple answers like corporate sponsors weren't answered. That tells me, they don't have any yet and they hope to land some with all this publicity and they'll announce when they get some. 

They need to have their feet put to the fire on the hard questions. It's all circle talk. 

You've convinced me.  I'm with you on this.  GSB lost me when he said "lets believe his words".  By 8/22 there will be a field built on that piece of land?  Is Kevin Costner the contractor?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We shoulda asked that. Maybe there would have been some answer. 

I guess they are going to need to utilize that they cultivated in order to get in that type of practice that early. 

Honestly, I think they should just step back and realize that this may take 2 years and let that be their goal.

I get that they need to drum up excitement for attendance and donors, but I'm afraid that approach may backfire if they can't deliver on their promises made.

6 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

You've convinced me.  I'm with you on this.  GSB lost me when he said "lets believe his words".  By 8/22 there will be a field built on that piece of land?  Is Kevin Costner the contractor?

Well, I just think I understand what they're up to. They need sponsors and families signing on, so, they're speaking in generalities and nobody is calling them on it. 

As long as people think there are all of these hardcore plans, they're more apt to buy in. I think that if your business model is solid enough, you shouldn't have to sell it so hard with all of these generalities and circle talk. 

• Like 1

Just now, AztecPadre said:

I'm guessing DD will not want to come on for a second time.  Unless he does make it happen and only to tell us to shove it!

Nah, he had probably seen the threads we already had pertaining to this all. 

Look, I hope they do make it. I just would rather them be upfront on what they are doing. It's coming off more like a scheme than anything right now. That's what I was trying to give him the option to clear up. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I missed those posts.  What was he saying?

The Q&A started, and after about 1 question there was loooooong period of no posts at all. Dead silence.

I posted that the audio must have been down, because I couldn't hear anything. Nothing directed toward anyone in particular. Just having fun. 1 post, 1 sentence. Not quoting or replying to anyone.

GSB private messaged me to cut the shit and stop trying to sabotage the Q&A. Just because I said the audio must not have been working.

I private messaged GSB to fuck off, as I wasn't trying to sabotage anything. He then said my post, and I, were gone.

Not sure what happened to the others.

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I’m assisting KS Concrete of Moultrie to secure the concrete bid. Kitt over there is a good friend. Maybe that’ll put your mind at ease. 

Why get a company that it’s take 8 hours round trip to deliver concrete, your cheapest bid is gonna be a concrete company in Montgomery, we’re talking Hundreds of thousands on tons of concrete 

18 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

The Q&A started, and after about 1 question there was loooooong period of no posts at all. Dead silence.

I posted that the audio must have been down, because I couldn't hear anything. Nothing directed toward anyone in particular. Just having fun. 1 post, 1 sentence. Not quoting or replying to anyone.

GSB private messaged me to cut the shit and stop trying to sabotage the Q&A. Just because I said the audio must not have been working.

I private messaged GSB to fuck off, as I wasn't trying to sabotage anything. He then said my post, and I, were gone.

Not sure what happened to the others.

That's the one you got "busted" over?  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!  Then I guess I didn't miss what you said.  I saw that one and thought it was funny.  I thought there must have been others that were removed before i joined in.  HAHA

• Haha 3