University of Grayson

ATLien12x

14 hours ago, Fred said:

Spoken like a fan of small town Alabama football.  Come to the big city where there is so much growth, new homes at all price points, and plentiful jobs that people move in and around regularly.  I realize that's something you can't comprehend.  More people have moved into Gwinnett since 2012 than currently live in Hoover.  The school system opened a new school (Archer) and took 1,000 students from Grayson in 2009.  We are now back to or slightly above our student enrollment the year before they took 1,000 away - all in 10 years.  If all of the building that has been approved happens in our cluster, I expect the student enrollment to go over 4,000 within 5 years.  Heck, we just started a 450,000 sq ft addition to the school for a total of 41 *new* classrooms.

I personally hope Hoover does not grow any more. Hoover's max is 3550 students we are at 2970 or so right now. I'm happy in our small town. All that metro growth that you live and die with and makes you feel great is not important to me and Hoover.

I bet most people who grew up in Gwinnett County wishes it was still like it was back in the 70s.

Showing the fact that Grayson has produced more college players than anybody just shows how bad the coaching has been. Example when the team refused to practice.  I'm happy only having 4 offcial coaches since the 60s for the Bucs. While Grayson can't keep a Coach. If Hoover did not split in 2002 we would have 5200 kids now. So don't cry about new schools.

8 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

A lot of bumpkins do. That’s why I don’t get why some of sowegas top notch teams don’t travel? You’d think they would want to get the kids some exposure, but alas it’s not to be. 

I can understand a student staying in the same system if it's a small town/county, but nowadays, it seems like a hard thing to do due to expansion. 

On 1/8/2020 at 12:55 PM, Pops said:

Interesting 

Atlanta metro can definitely put a team together to compete with the academy level 

my question is whether a metro public and provide the other ingredients — coaching, facilities, teamwork/ espirit de corps, etc.  there’s not really an example of a public that’s done it at that level — Allen (TX) maybe.

think that guy starting USA Academy is just about 100 miles farther west than would be ideal for him 

The political climate in Alabama is even more conservative than in Georgia. This matters because the whole "home-schooling" alternative he's aiming to create figures to be more accepted than in Atlanta. Home-schooling only serves a grand, aggregate total of one (1) market: The evangelical crowd who wants to shield their kids from basic science which conflicts with the Bible and tribal conservative rhetoric. The public, community schools are a big deal in both states, but probably even more so in Georgia. I think he'll get less backlash in Alabama.

41 minutes ago, badrouter said:

The political climate in Alabama is even more conservative than in Georgia. This matters because the whole "home-schooling" alternative he's aiming to create figures to be more accepted than in Atlanta. Home-schooling only serves a grand, aggregate total of one (1) market: The evangelical crowd who wants to shield their kids from basic science which conflicts with the Bible and tribal conservative rhetoric. The public, community schools are a big deal in both states, but probably even more so in Georgia. I think he'll get less backlash in Alabama.

Most of these kids I bet are not from Alabama. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Wowwwwwww.... McEachern is falling apart by the minute. 

It gets worse, Chief.  Ohh... Speaking of Chief. He’s going to Carrollton now 

Stephens didn’t make friends his first year. I have no specifics or why. But it’s not a coincidence he lost three four stars to three different schools after a 12-1 season. 

CD6A10A9-7188-4BFA-B52E-9E25366BCB8A.jpeg

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

Stephens didn’t make friends his first year. I have no specifics or why. But it’s not a coincidence he lost three four stars to three different schools after a 12-1 season. 

For starters Franklin Stephens is a No BS taken no BS given type of coach... 

The superstar personalities don't fly with him like that... 

And I feel like he won't be at Mceachern long because of that... 

Either they'll work with him or against him... 

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

Jesus Christ! It's absolute madness over there in Powder Springs. If they have any more D1 guys, I won't be surprised to see them transfer.

What's the deal with Marietta? Wasn't.......Daniel Martin and/or Andre Stewart looking at Grayson as well? 

23 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I personally hope Hoover does not grow any more. Hoover's max is 3550 students we are at 2970 or so right now. I'm happy in our small town. All that metro growth that you live and die with and makes you feel great is not important to me and Hoover.

I bet most people who grew up in Gwinnett County wishes it was still like it was back in the 70s.

Showing the fact that Grayson has produced more college players than anybody just shows how bad the coaching has been. Example when the team refused to practice.  I'm happy only having 4 offcial coaches since the 60s for the Bucs. While Grayson can't keep a Coach. If Hoover did not split in 2002 we would have 5200 kids now. So don't cry about new schools.

Spin it how you want.  Oh boy, you split once and you want to compare that to all of the new schools in Gwinnett in the past 20 years.  Hmmm, let's see.  There are properties not far from me that were a part of the original Grayson High School before it was closed.  They were then transferred to South Gwinnett when Grayson was consolidated with them back in the late 50s.  Then they became part of the new Grayson when it opened in 2000.  Then they were moved to Archer in 2009.  That means in my lifetime they have been part of 4 different high school zonings.  That is just one little area and doesn't take into consideration the rest of the new schools in the county and the redistricting that also goes on in an attempt to balance out the clusters.  You don't have a clue about new schools and growth.

Even with having several coaches over the past few years we've still managed to win a state championship and 3 region titles in the past 4 years.  Not too shabby.  And that doesn't even take into account the other state title and I think it is 5 more region championships since Grayson opened in 2000.  Not bad at all in an area with a lot of tough competition.  There is more top level competition in Gwinnett County than in all of Alabama.  Oh, for what it is worth even though it is a different sport, Grayson boys basketball is #1 in the state, #6 overall in the nation, and #1 public in the nation.  Yea, we must be doing something wrong here.

8 minutes ago, Fred said:

Spin it how you want.  Oh boy, you split once and you want to compare that to all of the new schools in Gwinnett in the past 20 years.  Hmmm, let's see.  There are properties not far from me that were a part of the original Grayson High School before it was closed.  They were then transferred to South Gwinnett when Grayson was consolidated with them back in the late 50s.  Then they became part of the new Grayson when it opened in 2000.  Then they were moved to Archer in 2009.  That means in my lifetime they have been part of 4 different high school zonings.  That is just one little area and doesn't take into consideration the rest of the new schools in the county and the redistricting that also goes on in an attempt to balance out the clusters.  You don't have a clue about new schools and growth.

Even with having several coaches over the past few years we've still managed to win a state championship and 3 region titles in the past 4 years.  Not too shabby.  And that doesn't even take into account the other state title and I think it is 5 more region championships since Grayson opened in 2000.  Not bad at all in an area with a lot of tough competition.  There is more top level competition in Gwinnett County than in all of Alabama.  Oh, for what it is worth even though it is a different sport, Grayson boys basketball is #1 in the state, #6 overall in the nation, and #1 public in the nation.  Yea, we must be doing something wrong here.

Fred...looks like you boys are up to your old tricks from 2016.

Say it ain't so !!!!!

Rufus>>