University of Grayson

ATLien12x

14 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Yeah I heard Daniel Martin was. He’d be a game-changer, he has a very high future. His ceiling is higher than CDR. Not sure if it’ll happen or not though. He’s not at Grayson right now 

Saw Daniel at Arik’s baptism Wednesday night and he was all Marietta at that time.

Unless something has changed in the past 40 hours or so.......

25 minutes ago, Fred said:

Spin it how you want.  Oh boy, you split once and you want to compare that to all of the new schools in Gwinnett in the past 20 years.  Hmmm, let's see.  There are properties not far from me that were a part of the original Grayson High School before it was closed.  They were then transferred to South Gwinnett when Grayson was consolidated with them back in the late 50s.  Then they became part of the new Grayson when it opened in 2000.  Then they were moved to Archer in 2009.  That means in my lifetime they have been part of 4 different high school zonings.  That is just one little area and doesn't take into consideration the rest of the new schools in the county and the redistricting that also goes on in an attempt to balance out the clusters.  You don't have a clue about new schools and growth.

Even with having several coaches over the past few years we've still managed to win a state championship and 3 region titles in the past 4 years.  Not too shabby.  And that doesn't even take into account the other state title and I think it is 5 more region championships since Grayson opened in 2000.  Not bad at all in an area with a lot of tough competition.  There is more top level competition in Gwinnett County than in all of Alabama.  Oh, for what it is worth even though it is a different sport, Grayson boys basketball is #1 in the state, #6 overall in the nation, and #1 public in the nation.  Yea, we must be doing something wrong here.

Your boys bb is great. One thing I'm glad you are a fan of not just football. Should Grayson they win state?  On another note our girls are equal to your boys 19-1 #1 in the state and 21st nationally plus they only start 1 senior.   

Grayson's boys beat Mountain Brook early in the season. Great win.  Mountain Brook should win state again this year.

Hoover has actually split twice starting with Spain Park in 2002 and Vestavia in the 60s.  Vestavia split because they wanted an all white school.  

On 1/10/2020 at 3:14 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

Your boys bb is great. One thing I'm glad you are a fan of not just football. Should Grayson they win state?  On another note our girls are equal to your boys 19-1 #1 in the state and 21st nationally plus they only start 1 senior.   

Grayson's boys beat Mountain Brook early in the season. Great win.  Mountain Brook should win state again this year.

Hoover has actually split twice starting with Spain Park in 2002 and Vestavia in the 60s.  Vestavia split because they wanted an all white school.  

Unless they just flat fall apart, I think they can win state.  They've done well the past several years and been close (final 4) but this may be the year they break through.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I can find out more. If it's a big deal.

BGW

I’m not saying it’s a big deal. Buford starting offensive lineman heading over to the University. And this is the thread talking about RamSZN. I just mentioned picking at you because of the other thread and here I am mentioning Buford again 🤣

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Marietta State is having to compete with the University of Grayson for athletes now... 

This should be interesting... 

Marietta is losing athletes. Their senior class is gone and the writing is on the wall. Daniel Martin will be the next to leave (and their biggest blow)

31 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

0E460C75-51CF-4F0D-A24A-37C588A38270.jpeg

So they realigned Griffin's region... 

They're now with:

Starrs Mill

Whitewater 

Northside Columbus ,North Gate and Harris County...

First off Harris county can't catch a damn break they're in such an odd location... They weren't close to the teams when they where in the South GA region 1-5A... 

Now you throw them with Metro Atlanta... 

Jesus.... 

• Like 1

Colquitt is gonna look a little different this year, as is Tom White Field. There was a renovation project with the facilities getting some much needed improvements in the sound system and lighting. Apparently the new turf has a bit of shock value the first time people are seeing it first hand with some Valdosta Yellow endzone color. I haven't seen it yet, because I'm afraid to look. xD

Hearing the helmets will be flashy, perhaps with some golden chrome finish. Just hearing these things about potential uniform changes.

I do know, folks around these parts don't cotton well to change. I'm figuring there will certainly be some fuss. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Colquitt is gonna look a little different this year, as is Tom White Field. There was a renovation project with the facilities getting some much needed improvements in the sound system and lighting. Apparently the new turf has a bit of shock value the first time people are seeing it first hand with some Valdosta Yellow endzone color. I haven't seen it yet, because I'm afraid to look. xD

Hearing the helmets will be flashy, perhaps with some golden chrome finish. Just hearing these things about potential uniform changes.

I do know, folks around these parts don't cotton well to change. I'm figuring there will certainly be some fuss. 

A purge of the Propst era?

BGW

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

A purge of the Propst era?

BGW

New coach, new look, new attitude, new scheduling practices, new, new, new.

Rush did the same thing when he came in. Colquitt went from interlocking C's on flat black helmets and using a local company for uniforms to the Packers logo that most people now recognize with just the word Packers across the helmet. The real turf field got taken up and field turf installed not long after. People of course raised hell. 

I guess this is all a similar situation. Probably sure to poke the hornet nest around again I guess. At least the ones that are still holding on to anger and what not. xD

• Thanks 1