Any Grad Transfer QB Wanna Come To Georgia?

Rufus69

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

I did as well. 

He had a disastrous spring game.

Remember.... wimbush was supposed to be the guy at ND. Book wasn’t a highly rated guy and took over when Brandon couldn’t improve his accuracy and decision making. Wimbush had zero impact at UCF this year and didn’t play after week 1 I don’t believe. 

So Book is coming back and Phil wants to move on ..... wimbush’s eligibility would of been up and jurkovec would of been the guy. So a combination of wimbush not progressing and book playing well and a year behind Brandon makes decision easier for Phil. Read Phil also had trouble picking up playbook..... he’s a great athlete but game speeds up in college and you can’t just run away from everyone all the time .... you have to learn to beat defenses with your arm in the pocket ..... or you won’t play .... just ask Brandon.  

I was gonna say seems like wimbush had the same problems. Cant run away from defenders all day. Tua learned that as well. 

One of the reasons I'm not a big fan of DT QBs. Give me a PP who doesnt trust their legs at all. Will complete the pass or throw it out of bounds. Too many bad things can happen when u scramble. 

Washington needs a QB. Eason is leaving. 

FSU needs a QB I believe

Miami 

Etc

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

I was gonna say seems like wimbush had the same problems. Cant run away from defenders all day. Tua learned that as well. 

One of the reasons I'm not a big fan of DT QBs. Give me a PP who doesnt trust their legs at all. Will complete the pass or throw it out of bounds. Too many bad things can happen when u scramble. 

Washington needs a QB. Eason is leaving. 

FSU needs a QB I believe

Miami 

Etc

Pass first QBs that can run are the best IMO.  

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

That's football though.   

Yes but if I can take out a percentage of risk that isnt necessary u gotta do it

I'd rather take an incomplete pass and live another day than have my qb scrambling and running to possibly get sacked or lose the ball. 

Just go down and live another day

23 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Yes but if I can take out a percentage of risk that isnt necessary u gotta do it

I'd rather take an incomplete pass and live another day than have my qb scrambling and running to possibly get sacked or lose the ball. 

Just go down and live another day

No risk no reward my man.   For every QB that goes to the league and surprises to become legit there are two decent qbs that never got the chance because some 40 yr old vet is still playing.   It’s teams like Baltimore/Seattle that make me even wanna watch the NFL.   

• Like 2

Just now, 954gator said:

No risk no reward my man.   For every QB that goes to the league and surprises to become legit there are two decent qbs that never got the chance because some 40 yr old vet is still playing.   it’s teams like Baltimore/Seattle that make me even wanna watch the NFL.   

I'm a no risk no reward kinda kind. Give me vanialla. 

Give me tom brady and eli manning

2 qbs who stand there and deliver the ball

8 super bowl rings btw them

50 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

So wait someone started a thread and nobody posted the final answer to it???

Georgia lands graduate transfer QB Jamie Newman

https://247sports.com/college/georgia/Article/Georgia-football-lands-Jamie-Newman-graduate-transfer-quarterback-141911583/Amp/

@Rufus69

Well....like I told my brother...we'll see.  I've heard a LOT of good stuff from people who should know.   BUT...we've got some WRs and a few O-Linemen who have to step up this fall for Mr. Newman to have his best impact.  I honestly think we'll be fine at RB...unless we have a ton of injuries.

Rufus>>

23 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Well....like I told my brother...we'll see.  I've heard a LOT of good stuff from people who should know.   BUT...we've got some WRs and a few O-Linemen who have to step up this fall for Mr. Newman to have his best impact.  I honestly think we'll be fine at RB...unless we have a ton of injuries.

Rufus>>

Newman isnt that good. Hell have some work to do in the sec 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Newman isnt that good. Hell have some work to do in the sec 

Well...I think the best thing to say would be....there's a whole lot of people...who know a helluva lot more about football than you....who really like the kid.

I think I'll go with them......

Rufus>>

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I'm more interested in how the offensive line depth chart plays out. We have an abundance of guys that can play the guard positions, but are extremely thin on options at the tackle positions.

More 5*s now than anybody else in the country I read in a 247 article. 

time for kirby to start coaching them up or getting the fuck outta the offenses way so they can get away from the Les Miles 2.0 (with no natty) days. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

More 5*s now than anybody else in the country I read in a 247 article. 

time for kirby to start coaching them up or getting the fuck outta the offenses way so they can get away from the Les Miles 2.0 (with no natty) days. 

Idk if you noticed, but UGA will be replacing 4 of their 5 starting linemen from last season. I don't care how many 5 stars you have at the skill positions if the OL cannot block.

The offense was built to pound the ball. Huge lineman and 5 star running backs. In order to complete change the offensive scheme, we must recruit players accordingly.

I wouldn't mind seeing us open up the offense, and I think you may see an effort to do so when you look at the current recruits being targeted. Kirby obviously made a point to go after WRs and a more mobile QB.

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Idk if you noticed, but UGA will be replacing 4 of their 5 starting linemen from last season. I don't care how many 5 stars you have at the skill positions if the OL cannot block.

The offense was built to pound the ball. Huge lineman and 5 star running backs. In order to complete change the offensive scheme, we must recruit players accordingly.

I wouldn't mind seeing us open up the offense, and I think you may see an effort to do so when you look at the current recruits being targeted. Kirby obviously made a point to go after WRs and a more mobile QB.

I agree, but my biggest issue with jawja (and subsequently most of the fans) is the excuses for not getting it done. This year it was inexperienced WRs and fromms lack of time with them. 

According to 247 rankings the pups had the second highest rated WRs in CFB this season. To me that says there’s a ton of talent. Why did their passing game suck, again? It always something. My feeling is fromm isn’t as good as many think and kirby is one of the shittiest game day coaches in America. 

Their highest rated OL in America players were not just highly rated because they’re road graders and can only run block. Those kids were the best of the best at everything OL wise coming out. Now if you wanna say they’re not being coached up, I’ll listen to that. Saying they are just made for run blocking is an excuse.

This isn’t meaning to troll you in any way, shape or form, CC. I respect your knowledge and understanding of football, which is more than I can say for many sowega posters here and on the vent. I am saying that, IMO and the opinions of many pup fans In Different SM forums, that georgias biggest problem is kirby and his inability to adjust and not micromanage every detail. You obviously disagree with that and that’s cool. We can agree to disagree. 

Continuing to excuse kirbys shortcomings and allowing everybody else to take the fall will eventually just the pups big time, IMO. Like it did fcrp at cc. Again, IMO. 

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

I agree, but my biggest issue with jawja (and subsequently most of the fans) is the excuses for not getting it done. This year it was inexperienced WRs and fromms lack of time with them. 

According to 247 rankings the pups had the second highest rated WRs in CFB this season. To me that says there’s a ton of talent. Why did their passing game suck, again? It always something. My feeling is fromm isn’t as good as many think and kirby is one of the shittiest game day coaches in America. 

Their highest rated OL in America players were not just highly rated because they’re road graders and can only run block. Those kids were the best of the best at everything OL wise coming out. Now if you wanna say they’re not being coached up, I’ll listen to that. Saying they are just made for run blocking is an excuse.

This isn’t meaning to troll you in any way, shape or form, CC. I respect your knowledge and understanding of football, which is more than I can say for many sowega posters here and on the vent. I am saying that, IMO and the opinions of many pup fans In Different SM forums, that georgias biggest problem is kirby and his inability to adjust and not micromanage every detail. You obviously disagree with that and that’s cool. We can agree to disagree. 

Continuing to excuse kirbys shortcomings and allowing everybody else to take the fall will eventually just the pups big time, IMO. Like it did fcrp at cc. Again, IMO. 

I think Kirby saw how Alabama dominated college football during his time there and looked to replicate that monster at UGA. I think he will soon find out that it takes a more dynamic offense to win championships.

Kirby Smart has UGA in a better spot right now than when he got here. I'm confident in him. I do agree that he should bring in a bright offensive mind to handle that side of the football, while he focuses on the defense.

Much of the 5 star talent you refer to were freshmen and sophomores. To say he hasn't developed them is premature. I look for several of them to be big contributors this season. In fact, we were playing with one of the youngest rosters in the country.

UGA could see as many as 3 players taken in the 1st round of this year's draft. That completely contradicts the opinion that coach can not develop his players.

9 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I think Kirby saw how Alabama dominated college football during his time there and looked to replicate that monster at UGA. I think he will soon find out that it takes a more dynamic offense to win championships.

Kirby Smart has UGA in a better spot right now than when he got here. I'm confident in him. I do agree that he should bring in a bright offensive mind to handle that side of the football, while he focuses on the defense.

Much of the 5 star talent you refer to were freshmen and sophomores. To say he hasn't developed them is premature. I look for several of them to be big contributors this season. In fact, we were playing with one of the youngest rosters in the country.

UGA could see as many as 3 players taken in the 1st round of this year's draft. That completely contradicts the opinion that coach can not develop his players.

Agree with you. Especially on the kirby/bama point. Spot on. Hard to walk away From something that you’ve won multiple titles with, 
but that’s why you hire assistants and trust them to do their job. Comey, and Cheney before him, do not want to run the offense the pups have ran. With teams like LSU and bama, who have the ability to hang 40-50+ on you every game, you have to be able to win a shootout a few times a year. Right now georgia doesn’t have the ability to do so. 

Time will tell if kirby will adjust. If he doesn’t, you can expect the same results. 

good back and forth.