NJ (0-10) vs TX ("Top 10 calpreps style")

TheRealCAJ

13 hours ago, Pops said:

I'll promise to try to stay current on MP articles and all their contents as soon as you stop trying to pretend to understand statistics and/ or math and/ or logic to try to debunk CP

The fact you cant follow my stats and logic tells me Im spot on.

Instead of guessing about Ohio, I'll help everybody out and give you some pointers 

-2011 is the weakest year in Ohio that I can ever remember and generally considered the worst among Ohioans. None of our teams were very good. Certainly none top 25, possibly none top 50. We had a good amount of teams in the next range or further back that were all pretty much equal. You could have played the tournament 6-7 times and had a different champion every single time. Thus, 2011 Iggy was probably the weakest OH D1 state champ in the last 20 years. 

Glenville missed the playoffs in 2011 because they finished 10th in Region 1 in harbin points. Only the top 8 teams from each region made the playoffs. Glenville's league is so terrible that they win every game usually around 40-0. Out of 42 league games the past 6 seasons, only 10 times has a league opponent even scored on Glenville. That's 32 shutouts. Glenville's coach, Ted Ginn Sr. pretty much built the inner-city Glenville program, but then missed most of the 2011 season and all of the 2012 season due to pancreatic cancer which nearly killed him. He returned in 2013, but Glenville hasn't regained their national relevance since then.

2011 Glenville just wasn't one of their better teams. Certainly better than 80th instate, probably 10-20 range.

Regardless, good win for Camden. What happened to Camden? They were always my favorite GA team, but haven't heard much from them lately?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

You could have played the tournament 6-7 times and had a different champion every single time. 

I feel the same way about last year's tournament as well. Very evenly matched teams. A play or two here and a turnover or two there and a team like Pick Central, Colerain or, even, St. Ed could've taken state. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

I feel the same way about last year's tournament as well. Very evenly matched teams. A play or two here and a turnover or two there and a team like Pick Central, Colerain or, even, St. Ed could've taken state. 

Very true. Although 2016 actually had 3 favorites. It's still hard to stress to people that didn't get to see it, how ridiculous and miraculous X's run was.....and how bad Colerain, Sycamore, and Iggy choked. 

2011 had no favorites and 6-7 teams that you figured could win it.

That 23-14 score was best case for Glenville in that game. Camden couldve scored 30 as they were kneeling inside Gvilles 10. But more so, none of Gvilles points came on offense. 1 was off a punt return, and another a fumble recovery for a TD off a missed pitch by Camdens QB.

And Coletrain, as far as what happened to Camden --- their HC Jeff Herron left after the 2012 season. Its been downhill since. Hes the one that led Grayson to a state title this year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Instead of guessing about Ohio, I'll help everybody out and give you some pointers 

-2011 is the weakest year in Ohio that I can ever remember and generally considered the worst among Ohioans. None of our teams were very good. Certainly none top 25, possibly none top 50. We had a good amount of teams in the next range or further back that were all pretty much equal. You could have played the tournament 6-7 times and had a different champion every single time. Thus, 2011 Iggy was probably the weakest OH D1 state champ in the last 20 years. 

Glenville missed the playoffs in 2011 because they finished 10th in Region 1 in harbin points. Only the top 8 teams from each region made the playoffs. Glenville's league is so terrible that they win every game usually around 40-0. Out of 42 league games the past 6 seasons, only 10 times has a league opponent even scored on Glenville. That's 32 shutouts. Glenville's coach, Ted Ginn Sr. pretty much built the inner-city Glenville program, but then missed most of the 2011 season and all of the 2012 season due to pancreatic cancer which nearly killed him. He returned in 2013, but Glenville hasn't regained their national relevance since then.

2011 Glenville just wasn't one of their better teams. Certainly better than 80th instate, probably 10-20 range.

Regardless, good win for Camden. What happened to Camden? They were always my favorite GA team, but haven't heard much from them lately?

Talents still their. Theyre one of the largest schools in GA. But after Jeff Herron left theyve been facing problems. 

Coaching problems.  

I expect them to win 9 games at the least this year. 

On 5/8/2017 at 3:38 PM, TheRealCAJ said:

neutral field [2016] Lake Travis (Austin, TX) 38, [2016] Paramus Catholic (Paramus, NJ) 28

neutral field [2016] DeSoto (TX) 35, [2016] St. Joseph Regional (Montvale, NJ) 28

neutral field [2016] Allen (TX) 35, [2016] St. Peter's Prep (Jersey City, NJ) 26

neutral field [2016] The Woodlands (TX) 28, [2016] Don Bosco Prep (Ramsey, NJ) 21

neutral field [2016] Cedar Hill (TX) 28, [2016] Bergen Catholic (Oradell, NJ) 27

neutral field [2016] Aledo (TX) 42, [2016] Timber Creek Regional (Erial, NJ) 31

neutral field [2016] Klein Collins (Spring, TX) 28, [2016] DePaul Catholic (Wayne, NJ) 21

neutral field [2016] West Orange-Stark (Orange, TX) 31, [2016] Hun (Princeton, NJ) 17

neutral field [2016] Steele [Byron P.] (Cibolo, TX) 34, [2016] St. Augustine Prep (Richland, NJ) 28

neutral field [2016] Highland Park (Dallas, TX) 28, [2016] Piscataway (NJ) 17

I could not get back to you sooner because I was just too busy.

What you have submitted here is a classic fallacy. It's actually out and out stupid. 

TX has more. I and I think about everyone acknowledges this. That is what your dumb posting suggests. Nothing more. 

TX has 1200 schools. NJ has 300. 

That is a 4 to 1 ratio. 

Hence I would expect TX to have 4 teams as good as NJ's best. Then 4 as good as NJ's second best. ect.

So taking the top 10 teams from TX vs the top 10 teams from NJ immediately makes this juvenile post ridiculous.  

The #4 team in TX would be compared to #1 in NJ. #8 in TX would be compared to #2 in NJ, etc. 

-------------------------

Not only that, using Cal in this fashion is just as ridiculous. It's fun and interesting but nothing more. 

TX schools at the top have much better rating than do NJ schools at the top simply because of the way Cal awards playoff wins extra value.

-----------------------------

Listen, I know you are stupid and immature so this kind of thread is expected from you. I'll give you a pass. But please start thinking. Thanks. 

(have you eve had any head trauma?)

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

I could not get back to you sooner because I was just too busy.

What you have submitted here is a classic fallacy. It's actually out and out stupid. 

TX has more. I and I think about everyone acknowledges this. That is what your dumb posting suggests. Nothing more. 

TX has 1200 schools. NJ has 300. 

That is a 4 to 1 ratio. 

Hence I would expect TX to have 4 teams as good as NJ's best. Then 4 as good as NJ's second best. ect.

So taking the top 10 teams from TX vs the top 10 teams from NJ immediately makes this juvenile post ridiculous.  

The #4 team in TX would be compared to #1 in NJ. #8 in TX would be compared to #2 in NJ, etc. 

-------------------------

Not only that, using Cal in this fashion is just as ridiculous. It's fun and interesting but nothing more. 

TX schools at the top have much better rating than do NJ schools at the top simply because of the way Cal awards playoff wins extra value.

-----------------------------

Listen, I know you are stupid and immature so this kind of thread is expected from you. I'll give you a pass. But please start thinking. Thanks. 

(have you eve had any head trauma?)

Lol...ok

4. Tx vs 1. NJ

[2016] The Woodlands (TX) 31, [2016] Paramus Catholic (Paramus, NJ) 28

8. TX vs 2. NJ 

[2016] West Orange-Stark (Orange, TX) 26, [2016] St. Joseph Regional (Montvale, NJ) 22

you still lose.