LSU 42 vs. Clemson 25 Final

noonereal

57 minutes ago, Fred said:

It appeared to me that LSU struggled mightily on those early possessions when Clemson was punting them to the goal line.  When Clemson started kicking them through the end zone on kickoffs giving LSU starting positions with room behind them, LSU was able to play their game better knowing they could take a loss without it costing them points.

I thought the same thing. Being pressed against their own goal line, with the Clemson pass rush intentionally burning themselves out in the first quarter, certainly put them off their game plan and into safe mode. 

As soon as they had a little bit of field position, they let it all hang out and showed why they were there. 

The best group on Clemson was the punt coverage group. They killed it all night. Not sure if that's exactly the group you want to be the best on your team in the national championship though. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I thought the same thing. Being pressed against their own goal line, with the Clemson pass rush intentionally burning themselves out in the first quarter, certainly put them off their game plan and into safe mode. 

As soon as they had a little bit of field position, they let it all hang out and showed why they were there. 

The best group on Clemson was the punt coverage group. They killed it all night. Not sure if that's exactly the group you want to be the best on your team in the national championship though. 

Yeah Clemson punched us early no doubt. You can't expect to go into a big fight and not get hit though. Clemson hit us with poor field position, kamikaze blitzing, trickeration and etc. We were wobbling in that first quarter.

I think in the end we broke that Clemson spirit when WE started punching and they found out we weren't going anywhere.

13 hours ago, Fred said:

I have not compiled the numbers but I'd bet college football is bigger than the NFL

ABSOLUTELY false. NFL is king. Look it up. On the west coast, we research before posting. Try it sometime. 

13 hours ago, Fred said:

More teams, many huge stadiums and fans bases.

Again, false. More teams, yes. But NFL is king. Again, do your research. 

13 hours ago, Fred said:

There is a reason why the Falcons have *always* struggled with a fan base. 

Yes, because they suck. The South will not support a team that doesn't win. You have never had a pro winner and hold onto college because it is ALL YOU HAVE. Big difference. 

13 hours ago, Fred said:

Learn how to spell.  It is "y'all" as a contraction of "you all" not "ya all."

I was mocking. Apparently, you didn't catch it.

You Southerners are way too easy. Get better. 

1 hour ago, frankyjames said:

ABSOLUTELY false. NFL is king. Look it up. On the west coast, we research before posting. Try it sometime. 

Yes, because they suck. The South will not support a team that doesn't win. You have never had a pro winner and hold onto college because it is ALL YOU HAVE. Big difference. 

Momma Block:  Time to get up my little dumb ass!

Block: Thanks mom, I don’t want to miss my breakfast shift at McDonald’s, they said I can be in charge of cleaning the grease trap today.

Momma Block: That’s nice my little panty stain, finally got a promotion after 5 years, your moving up in the world😀

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, frankyjames said:

Until you show some numbers to the contrary, you are just blowing the same smoke you always do.  32 NFL teams.  There are way more than that just in the power 5.  Many of those have stadiums that seat more than almost all NFL stadiums.  Most of those with the big stadiums sell them out.  Then add in all of the other college programs.  Way bigger than NFL.  Your so called research is ... flawed.

You don't live here so you have no idea what the history is.  I'm a native Atlantan that is old enough to remember before major league sports.  Have you ever even been here?

Mocking?  Who could tell?  You throw out so much poo-poo it makes me wonder where it comes from.  Surely you have to run out sometime.  By the way, here's a clue for you.  Just because I talk slow doesn't mean I think slow.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RedZone said:

You are the same clown that said Clemson was going to kick LSU's teeth in for a couple weeks. Of course you've been peddling LSU and the SEC sucks for a year now. 

You say a lot of irrelevant stuff very often. 

And your the same clown who said the saints would win the super bowl

And are you picking Notre Dame to beat Clemson

If not shut the fuck up hillbilly punk

On 1/14/2020 at 7:33 PM, FootballGuy said:

Yeah I'm just not all the way sold on him based off of one season. Last season, he was more of a game manager. Joe Brady walks in and he immediately starts to have a breakout season. He could't see the field at Ohio State in that system, was a game manager last season, and then he balls out this year? Hmmm.... 

The guy’s good but he’s not some next level out of this world talent that the world hasn’t seen.   Even if he were it’d take more to turn an NFL team like Cincy around.   

One thing is for certain the guy has it between the ears.

9 hours ago, Fred said:

Until you show some numbers to the contrary, you are just blowing the same smoke you always do.  32 NFL teams.  There are way more than that just in the power 5.  Many of those have stadiums that seat more than almost all NFL stadiums.  Most of those with the big stadiums sell them out.  Then add in all of the other college programs.  Way bigger than NFL.  Your so called research is ... flawed.

The College Football National Championship had 25.6 million viewers.

The NFL Wild Card round averaged 30 million viewers.

Your claim about college football being more popular than the NFL was asinine.

35 minutes ago, The Guru said:

The College Football National Championship had 25.6 million viewers.

The NFL Wild Card round averaged 30 million viewers.

Your claim about college football being more popular than the NFL was asinine.

Monday night is a terrible time for the game to be played. I get there are reasons but it doesn’t mean the time slot isnt bad. The game didn’t end until after midnight on the East Coast. 

Saturday and Sunday in the day and evening will get much more attention than Monday night 

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Joe Burrow made SEC defenses look like ACC defenses. Burrow would have thrown for 10,000 yds and 100 TDs this year in the ACC.

He only played one ACC team all season and turned in his worst completion percentage.

Ergo he's double his production against ACC teams.

Crack thinking, cajun.

🤡

30 minutes ago, The Guru said:

He only played one ACC team all season and turned in his worst completion percentage.

Ergo he's double his production against ACC teams.

Crack thinking, cajun.

🤡

Joe Burrow was 31/49 453 yds 5 TDs vs Clemson....My boy Chase dropped one perfect TD pass that would have put Burrow at over 500 yds and 6 TDs......you couldn't have asked for a better throw, but Chase just lost it in the Dome/moment.

Clemson came into the game allowing what 151 yds passing per game. Best in the nation.

I'm pretty sure you can do that math playing an ACC schedule..it would be close if he played entire games.😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

I've never seen a better college QB.

Dude, I hear you, and I've been singing his praises all year, but you can't carry a team in the NFL IMO.    Some of the best Qbs of all time are just that because of the teams they played on (JMO).      Burrow is still the guy I get if I'm Cincy.    And if they don't want him the Dolphins would definitely take him lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I'm sure you have, you are just caught up in the moment.  I've seen plenty better college qb's but none have had a season like Burrow just had.

He's not caught up in the moment

He is saying it because he a LSU Homer

He probably thinks coach O is a top 5 coach in CFB currently, that Fulton is the best DB in the draft and that Jefferson is the most underrated played in CFB

He has a unhealthy desire to make everything about LSU sound better as a weak attempt to make himself feel important but if anyone really cared what he had to say his website wouldn't have been such a complete failure