LSU 42 vs. Clemson 25 Final

noonereal

17 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Uh what?

I'm not a fan of any of those players of their teams.

But Joe Burrow on the other hand.....

I'm comparing Burrow to Manning, Brady and those guys and you make up a list of "message forum's all time greatest hits"

Every now again another Manning, Brady or Brees comes along (not often).....Burrow may be that guy. Something about him.

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I'm comparing Burrow to Manning, Brady and those guys and you make up a list of "message forum's all time greatest hits"

I listed a bunch of QBs that people said was the greatest of all-time.

You had no response and so you took hours to come up with something. And you came up with.....nothing.

10 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I listed a bunch of QBs that people said was the greatest of all-time.

You had no response and so you took hours to come up with something. And you came up with.....nothing.

I stated "I've never seen a better college QB"...as in "ME"

Went on to say Burrow would pass for 10,000 yds and 100 TDs in the ACC.....math is there.

You then feel insecure about it and go on a typical The Guru rant while not proving anything I said was wrong.

Why do you always do that????

Instead of challenging me on what I think how about you challenge me by proving who is the best college QB you've seen...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Burrow will never be a Brady or Manning because he's going to the fucking Bengals

You have a better chance of seeing runmel produce a NFL hall of fame player than have a QB go to the Bengals and look like Brady or Manning

But I'm the fool? LMAO 

Apparently some idiots on this board just want ass kissers instead of real posters 

3 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Burrow will never be a Brady or Manning because he's going to the fucking Bengals

You have a better chance of seeing runmel produce a NFL hall of fame player than have a QB go to the Bengals and look like Brady or Manning

But I'm the fool? LMAO 

Apparently some idiots on this board just want ass kissers instead of real posters 

Now to be fair (and you may not remember), Peyton and the colts were terrible in his rookie year. They turned it around over some time. That COULD happen for Joe Burrow. I just feel like Joe (regardless of what team he's on) won't live up to the hype due to him only showing us one trick. Now he could turn out to be the next Cam Newton in terms of him only playing one season at auburn and then hit the ground running once in the league, but as of NOW, I don't see that happening. Honestly, I'm thinking he's another Colt Brennan....maybe even a Case Keenum. Great college players, but mediocre/not so good NFL players. 

Joe Burrow is 23 years old and ready for NFL football. He’s really smart, really talented, and older than almost everyone he’s playing against. He said it himself Tuesday morning on Pardon my Take it’s kind of unfair he’s playing against 19 and 20 year olds weekly. Dude was next level this year. He’s League ready, Burrow is going to do very well

6 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Joe Burrow is 23 years old and ready for NFL football. He’s really smart, really talented, and older than almost everyone he’s playing against. He said it himself Tuesday morning on Pardon my Take it’s kind of unfair he’s playing against 19 and 20 year olds weekly. Dude was next level this year. He’s League ready, Burrow is going to do very well

Joe Burrow is OLDER than the current NFL MVP Lamar Jackson 😲😲😲

6 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

So he was "next level" because he was playing against unfair competition.

So therefore he's ready to play at the highest level against grown men?

I don't think what you said computes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Now to be fair (and you may not remember), Peyton and the colts were terrible in his rookie year. They turned it around over some time. That COULD happen for Joe Burrow. I just feel like Joe (regardless of what team he's on) won't live up to the hype due to him only showing us one trick. Now he could turn out to be the next Cam Newton in terms of him only playing one season at auburn and then hit the ground running once in the league, but as of NOW, I don't see that happening. Honestly, I'm thinking he's another Colt Brennan....maybe even a Case Keenum. Great college players, but mediocre/not so good NFL players. 

Yeah but the colts had a strong front office and were getting some good players in place 

The Bengals may be one of if not the weakest front offices in the league so completely different situation

On 1/16/2020 at 8:08 AM, The Guru said:

The College Football National Championship had 25.6 million viewers.

The NFL Wild Card round averaged 30 million viewers.

Your claim about college football being more popular than the NFL was asinine.

People in the stands, college wins.  Overall participation, college wins.  Probably team memorabilia, college wins.  You claim to the contrary based on one TV game is asinine.  There is more to support than just TV.

22 minutes ago, Fred said:

People in the stands, college wins.  Overall participation, college wins.  Probably team memorabilia, college wins.  You claim to the contrary based on one TV game is asinine.  There is more to support than just TV.

It would be like saying people in Texas don’t care about HSFB because of low tv numbers about a game with other teams from other states

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2020 at 7:21 PM, Columbiafan said:

But I'm the fool? LMAO 

Not from rummel or Louisiana but they will have 1st round draft picks in b2b years and that’s pretty fucking awesome!

has your school down that? Mine hasn’t. 

17 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Not from rummel or Louisiana but they will have 1st round draft picks in b2b years and that’s pretty fucking awesome!

Not back to back years but we have had 2 players go back to back picks in the same draft and had a third player go in the first round a few years ago 

26 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Screenshot_20200117-221306.thumb.png.981797b0feae581f7b6930e07f20de65.png

Reinard Wilson and Yatil Green went back to back picks in the 1997 draft and both played at Columbia

And in 2016 Laremy Tunsil went first round and is a Columbia product 

Ironically when tunsil went 13th overall in the 2016 draft he became Columbia highest drafted player passing reinard Wilson position by a single slot

Columbia first round picks have come at the 13,14, and 15th slots 

Screenshot_20200117-221342.thumb.png.7263ddc1e27208ef18d9f5eea9b64ae8.png

Columbia also currently has 3 players starting in the NFL with

Timmy Jernigan (Eagles)

Laremy Tunsil (Texans)

Trey Marshall (Broncos)

Not bad for a public school in a area that isn't know for much and don't have the resources that larger public schools or rich privates have

30 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Columbia also has had 13 players play in NFL all time and is currently in top 10 among most current players among Florida schools 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/schools/high_schools.cgi?hs_state=FL

Also notice the county size of every school tied or ahead of us in current players with Florida

Columbia county has less than 70k people with Lake City being around 10k

The only 2 schools up there who are in a county of less than 1 million people is Lakeland and Immokalee (who come from Polk county and Collier county)

Polk county is over 800k and Collier county is over 250k

Just some food for thought

Screenshot_20200117-222411.thumb.png.899c9d45ffce3edd1df51d2b371b62d4.png

18 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Columbia also has had 13 players play in NFL all time and is currently in top 10 among most current players among Florida schools 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/schools/high_schools.cgi?hs_state=FL

Also notice the county size of every school tied or ahead of us in current players with Florida

Columbia county has less than 70k people with Lake City being around 10k

The only 2 schools up there who are in a county of less than 1 million people is Lakeland and Immokalee (who come from Polk county and Collier county)

Polk county is over 800k and Collier county is over 250k

Just some food for thought

Screenshot_20200117-222411.thumb.png.899c9d45ffce3edd1df51d2b371b62d4.png

Thats impressive for Columbia - I didnt realize that.

Look at Central and MNW that is beyond insane as it beats some states.  11 current on top of it and another 4 from BTW to add as those schools are interchangeable being in such a tight radius of hoods.   To me thats the best story in HS football not supid arse MNC that goes to a recruited up all star team from all over the place with college level facilities.   I challenge anyone to find 3 other publics within 7 miles of each other to boot - dont bother b/c you wont come near it.  Well I saw Lebron in an interview saying football talent there is most impressive shit he's seen in scholastic sports so he funded that netflix documentary series

• Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 4:23 PM, RedZone said:

Correct..

LSU bro!  We knew it!

And just no need whatsoever to even leave the NOLA area for players with how talent loaded it is - basically the entire damn team is from there other than the QB lol!   I always said watch out if LSU gets a QB - basically any team in stretching from FL - LA just needs a top QB and its over with

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

LSU bro!  We knew it!

And just no need whatsoever to even leave the NOLA area for players with how talent loaded it is - basically the entire damn team is from there other than the QB lol!   I always said watch out if LSU gets a QB - basically any team in stretching from FL - LA just needs a top QB and its over with

Was the Perfect Storm this year....It just all came together.

• Like 1