Sign in to follow this  
GardenStateBaller

Transfer season thread

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

We live in America, the Land of the Free. The kid and his guardians want a change of scenery. Who are we to question their decision? #sourgrapes 

It's not so much about questioning their decision. It's about questioning the tactics and ethics (lack thereof) involved in selling the family on the notion that SFA actually provides a better anything

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, badrouter said:

It's not so much about questioning their decision. It's about questioning the tactics and ethics (lack thereof) involved in selling the family on the notion that SFA actually provides a better anything

The kid was recruited by BM/SFA in the 8th grade. There’s history there. And SFA is the more appealing football program on paper at this time. This isn’t rocket science. 

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The kid was recruited by BM/SFA in the 8th grade. There’s history there. And SFA is the more appealing football program on paper at this time. This isn’t rocket science. 

This wasn’t a football decision. Out of respect for everyone I’d suggest stop talking about it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

As an athlete or student athlete?

18 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

“Move in day” 😂😂😂 

E336D1A1-D72E-4EE8-B778-9919D36327E7.png

What a joke!  I hope they lose every meaningful game.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Oldballcoach said:

I agree it is a joke SFA is a better opportunity however let’s not pretend DM doesn’t do the same thing just on a smaller scale.

DeMatha lost more D1 transfers to Montgomery County public schools than the entire WCAC took in last season. It’s part of the deal everywhere. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kalven said:

As an athlete or student athlete?

As I posted last night, SFA has ballers currently matriculating at Army, Duke and Georgetown among other high-quality institutions. They each serve their own needs. I'd liken it to St Anthony's hoops when Hurley was at his peak.

2 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

DeMatha lost more D1 transfers to Montgomery County public schools than the entire WCAC took in last season. It’s part of the deal everywhere. 

Very true I did see that and the kid to GC

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

As I posted last night, SFA has ballers currently matriculating at Army, Duke and Georgetown among other high-quality institutions. They each serve their own needs. I'd liken it to St Anthony's hoops when Hurley was at his peak.

Bob Hurley and the SFA coach?  You’re serious?

On 1/14/2020 at 7:11 PM, Columbiafan said:

That was one of maybe 4-5 I've seen in past 2 weeks

Guess Los got a bigger piggy bank from his mommy this off-season to go buy some more studs for his precious STA lol

Lol.    Kid is a 5'9 180lb Linebacker.   Snap, it's official STA should be #1 to start out next year!

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2020 at 4:52 PM, 181pl said:

Armwood's 5 star WR Hall to IMG

Allegedly Armwood's QB Ransom will go to Lakeland.

Jesuit's RB Ricky Parks to Gaither. Also their QB to Gaither. Steinbrenner's RB Deion Silas to Gaither.

Sad.   

On 1/21/2020 at 5:50 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Congrats, son! Every one of your dreams just became closer to reality. 

Lol.   Kid's a highly sought after recruit already.  

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Poggi raiding DM is too much.  I guess Barham didn’t want to study anymore.

This is my thought too. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Lol.    Kid is a 5'9 180lb Linebacker.   Snap, it's official STA should be #1 to start out next year!

The way they are picking up players this off-season after already having a strong group of returners they probably should

If they don't go undefeated and win state then it's definitely the coaches fault 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Sad.   

What do you think STA does to schools on a bigger level every year? No offense. That's the nature of the beast. Armwood doesn't close the deal in title games for the last decade, so I get it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 181pl said:

What do you think STA does to schools on a bigger level every year? No offense. That's the nature of the beast. Armwood doesn't close the deal in title games for the last decade, so I get it. 

I don't have the exact numbers in front of me but from reading transfer threads and having people charting them armwood probably had more transfers inbound the past 2 seasons than STA 

Same goes for Miami Central, chaminade, and Miami northwestern

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/22/2020 at 7:29 AM, HurricaneNick said:

“Move in day” 😂😂😂 

E336D1A1-D72E-4EE8-B778-9919D36327E7.png

In other words,  not high school football. This is something else...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1