Is Diversity A Weakness Or A Strength

Emblematic

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

My fellow Texans...I have good reason to believe that Duncanville will be playing two really good OOS games this coming season.

one at home and the other will be OOS - both will be against very elite OOS programs.

I can't say one of the games at this time.  However, STA FL told me this week that they are playing DV in Ohio.  Funny thing is another very elite program is claiming the same vs DV in Ohio.  Until proven different - I will say it's STA FL due to it was actually STA coaches who shared this information with me.

I can't wait for Texas to lose to California teams next season.

Hold this premature "L."

Besides, the only things that are notable about Texas are cowboys, BBQ, and their stupid southern accents.

"Howdy ya'll" - the average in-bred redneck Texan.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Emblematic said:

Hold this premature "L."

Besides, the only things that are notable about Texas are cowboys, BBQ, and their stupid southern accents.

Right here motherfucker🖕

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Emblematic said:

Hold this premature "L."

If it’s blatantly obvious that you’re, “Trying too hard to troll”, then you just may be doing it wrong...

6D97452C-B228-439E-83B6-EDD4CC12C346.jpeg

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Emblematic said:

Hold this premature "L."

That's pretty ignorant. The most Diverse Large City in America Is not New York, LA or Chicago.  It is the 4th largest in the U.S. and it is Named HOUSTON.  Now go choke yourself for being exceedingly ignorant. 🤘

Texas is home to the most diverse city in the U.S., according to a new ranking. Personal finance website Wallethub ranked Houston as the most diverse city in America, based on analysis of socioeconomic, cultural, economic, household, and religious diversity.

- In fact, the Bayou City has held the distinction of being one of America's most diverse cities for several years running. But according to a WalletHub survey, Houston's diversity shines brightly with the city holding the top spot for the most diverse city in the U.S., ahead of New York and Los Angeles.

Funny none of the Homeless Cities in Cali is above the Top 2 Cities in Texas in Diversity.

A new report finds Houston remains the most diverse city in the nation. 

Several studies in recent years have shown the Bayou City at the top of the list for ethnic and racial diversity. The city has no ethnic majority and nearly one-in-four residents are foreign born. In fact, Houston today mirrors what demographers forecast the U.S. population will look like in four decades. 

Most Diverse Cities in America

Overall Rank* City Total Score 'Socioeconomic Diversity' Rank 'Cultural Diversity' Rank 'Economic Diversity' Rank 'Household Diversity' Rank 'Religious Diversity' Rank
1 Houston, TX 71.6 101 29 121 110 53
2 Jersey City, NJ 71.52 45 1 370 124 257
3 New York, NY 71.47 63 6 245 91 204
4 Gaithersburg, MD 71.23 2 2 300 251 308
5 Dallas, TX 71.12 107 46 187 130 43
6 Silver Spring, MD 71.06 1 4 168 303 308
7 Germantown, MD 70.94 7 3 247 301 308
8 Los Angeles, CA 70.93 70 22 66 82 211
9 Arlington, TX 70.87 133 41 115 164 90
10 Long Beach, CA 70.78 76 26 75 79 211
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DevilDog said:

That's pretty ignorant. The most Diverse Large City in America Is not New York, LA or Chicago.  It is the 4th largest in the U.S. and it is Named HOUSTON.  Now go choke yourself for being exceedingly ignorant. 🤘

I guess I get the point of the study but there's no chance that Houston is more diverse than New York City.

12 hours ago, The Guru said:

I guess I get the point of the study but there's no chance that Houston is more diverse than New York City.

2012: 

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_1321089

2017: 

https://suppliertynews.com/2017/05/16/move-over-new-york-houston-is-now-the-most-diverse-city-in-america/

2019:

https://www.statesman.com/news/20190410/most-diverse-city-in-us-is-in-texas-report-says

The probability of New York overtaking its’ place as the most diverse is about as likely as you saying something descent in regards to Texas high school football.

Which is nonexistent

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

The probability of New York overtaking its’ place as the most diverse is about as likely as you saying something descent in regards to Texas high school football.

Which is nonexistent

Again, Houston has a lot of non-Hispanic Whites.

That doesn't make it more diverse than New York City. The definition being used by Wallethub is ridiculous.

38% of New York City is African-American or Asian.

There are almost a million Chinese alone.

And New York's Hispanic population itself is more diverse than Houston's.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

What I said has the added benefit of being true.

The idea that places can only be cohesive if everybody is the same is pretty much refuted by the existence of America.

Diversity plays no part in the quality or benefit of something, rather it only is mere coincidence when it is involved. Nothing about diversity would constitute strength. Nothing. Diversity would be coincidence not the strength. 

If you rounded up all the best and most skilled doctors in the world, then the skill sets, which is all that matters, would not be diverse. They would all be elite. They would all be the same. The diversity of characteristics that they can not control like gender, age or race would be pure coincidental 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Diversity plays no part in the quality or benefit of something, rather it only is mere coincidence when it is involved. Nothing about diversity would constitute strength. Nothing. Diversity would be coincidence not the strength. 

You've never thought about this coherently for a second in your life which, coincidentally, is the inherent strength of diversity: someone else with a different life experience can break through your bubble and educate you a little bit.

You've said some really stupid things on this forum but this is right near the top.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

If you rounded up all the best and most skilled doctors in the world, then the skill sets, which is all that matters, would not be diverse. They would all be elite. They would all be the same. The diversity of characteristics that they can not control like gender, age or race would be pure coincidental 

This is some of the most incoherent babble that I've ever seen. Skill sets are not all that matters in medicine.

Gender, age and race are certainly uncontrollable but culture is and that's what drives most of the innovation, discovery, etc. that we've experienced in this country.

It's immeasurable how much better this country is because of the Irish, Italian, Asian, Mexican, etc. immigrants that have come here.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

This is some of the most incoherent babble that I've ever seen. Skill sets are not all that matters in medicine.

Gender, age and race are certainly uncontrollable but culture is and that's what drives most of the innovation, discovery, etc. that we've experienced in this country.

It's immeasurable how much better this country is because of the Irish, Italian, Asia, Mexican, etc. immigrants that have come here.

So would professional sports benefit from diversity in how they choose their players?

should the NFL take the best overall players from Germany, Asia, Russia etc instead of the best American players? 

And what you said is babble. Being from another country doesn’t make you more qualified if your skill set is the same as a domestic born person. 

If your house is burning and 4 white fire fighters show up, tell them to leave and send a more diverse and better image of how you think they should look. Maybe a Mexican One Legged Deaf Transgender firefighter could do a better job 

• Thumbs Down 1