Is Diversity A Weakness Or A Strength

Emblematic

18 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

So would professional sports benefit from diversity in how they choose their players?

Yes, that's why professional sports were instantaneously better when the color barrier was broken.

This is not something that should have to be explained.

This is painfully embarrassing for you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Yes, that's why professional sports was instantaneously better when the color barrier was broken.

This is not something that should have to be explained.

This is painfully embarrassing for you.

You keep explaining things that enhance my argument. It is not the diversity of the physical characteristics that helped, It is the skill sets being elite. Which means when they allowed all elite skill sets become involved it got better. Not because of the diversity in physical characteristics.

in order for something to operate at its highest level, the skill sets would have to be the least diverse as possible. They would have to all be the same or as close to the same as possible. 

Anything after that prerequisite would be pure coincidence 

20 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

If your house is burning and 4 white fire fighters show up, tell them to leave and send a more diverse and better image of how you think they should look. Maybe a Mexican One Legged Deaf Transgender firefighter could do a better job 

You're just veering into a ditch now because even you have to realize how stupid your position is.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

[...]

in order for something to operate at its highest level, the skill sets would have to be the least diverse as possible. They would have to all be the same or as close to the same as possible. 

[...]

I don't think a football team would operate at the highest level if all the guys on it had exactly the same set of skills. I think it would be better if you had one guy who could throw the ball and another guy who could block and maybe a third guy who could catch. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So diversity does make us stronger? 

That's how I read that. You killed your own stupid position. 

Interesting interpretation. I don't anywhere and in any way see where he says that he says that diversity makes us stronger. What I see is this: (1) we are a diverse population. (2) diversity has some obvious inherent social challenges. And (3) the American people's cohesiveness, despite diversity's inherent challenges, has been made stronger by overcoming the problems with diversity. Kinda like working out. The act (overcoming weight) makes you stronger, not the weight itself (diversity). I could agree with him for the most part. But since liberals are becoming incredibly less and less tolerant and acting in a more fascist-like behavior, I'm afraid that our strength gained by overcoming said inherent problems of diversity is simply wishful thinking. Diversity's problems have clearly not been overcome. 

• Confused 1

The way I read it, is, there is of course challenges with diversity. We see one with Nolebull right now. He doesn't like it, so, he sees it as a weakness. That's a challenge that we all collectively have to overcome, and as we do, we are stronger for it. The folks that see it as a challenge and do work to overcome it find strength together in unity while guys like Nolebull continue to see it as a weakness and try to sell propaganda to rip the unified apart. 

It always backfires though. At the end of the day, coming through the challenges always makes us stronger. That's just the way it is for human beings, all the way from trying to lift a heavy weight, to this social  challenge being discussed. Catching a cold as an infant makes you stronger as an adult as you develop an immunity to the germ. 

Nolebull's and his type's thought and active propaganda against cultural diversity is nothing more than a germ that we'll eventually develop an immunity to if the planet doesn't starve us out first.

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The way I read it, is, there is of course challenges with diversity. We see one with Nolebull right now. He doesn't like it, so, he sees it as a weakness. That's a challenge that we all collectively have to overcome, and as we do, we are stronger for it. The folks that see it as a challenge and do work to overcome it find strength together in unity while guys like Nolebull continue to see it as a weakness and try to sell propaganda to rip the unified apart. 

It always backfires though. At the end of the day, coming through the challenges always makes us stronger. That's just the way it is for human beings, all the way from trying to lift a heavy weight, to this social  challenge being discussed. Catching a cold as an infant makes you stronger as an adult as you develop an immunity to the germ. 

Nolebull's and his type's thought and active propaganda against cultural diversity is nothing more than a germ that we'll eventually develop an immunity to if the planet doesn't starve us out first.

I know one thing without diversity that European food would still be bland unseasoned and well damn.  Look what diversity did to La.  Them fucks might have the best damn vittles because some slaves brought rice and Okra and some goober Frenchman made a roux  and a little Indian input and viola.  Otherwise all the food would taste like Iowa without diversity.  🤣 And music would really suck

Now I want some good old Muslim Goat Biryani with some Hindu Naan and a nice Catholic Belguim beer to wash it down.  😁

Yeah I'm down with diversity.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So diversity does make us stronger? 

That's how I read that. You killed your own stupid position. 

That Black Conservative that the NeoCons love quoting because of his constant talking down about his own people.  In fact contradicts himself.  He claims cutting one off from others is a detriment.  Thus diversity.  Read this his words

Geography may have something to do with it. Civilizations that shut themselves off from the rest of the world, Sowell writes, are those that lag behind. Sometimes that is because of physical barriers, like mountains or a lack of navigable waterways or the unavailability of pack animals. Other times, as with China and Japan in the 15th and 16th centuries, it is because political leaders seeking to protect their own power cut themselves off from the world. Either way, the isolation inhibits the development of the “knowledge, skills, experiences and habits” that lead to economic growth. It also prevents humans from developing antibodies, making them susceptible to devastating diseases when foreigners arrive, as happened with the Incas and the Native Americans.

Thomas Sowell is senile 😎 but still has a cool 1970s Panther Afro

• Haha 1

You can say the weaknesses cancel out the strengths. There are pros and cons, but strength would not be the word I would use. Different would be the word. But different doesn’t mean better. More choices of something doesn’t make something better. Unless they all met or exceeded the standards. And a lot of the times that is not the case. 

like I said. Diversity should be pure coincidence in terms of breaking down characteristics of people who meet or exceed the standards of whatever you are talking about. 

if you were basing your selections solely on test scores only, then the top scores would be chosen regardless of physical characteristics that people can not control. If 3 black guys got A’s, 3 white guys got B’s, and 3 Spanish guys got C’s, you are not gonna take an A, B, and C for the sake of diversity. You would take the A’s. The elite. Diversity would make the selection process weak. 

• Confused 1

Hey listen I get having a great selection for things. I’m all about variety. But when the variety meets or exceeds the standards. It’s the same reason why we spring clean. To trim the fat and get rid of the junk. Lol

if I walk into a brothel I want diversity. Lmao. I don’t want all of one kind. But if there is only one kind then they better damn sure meet or exceed my expectations. 

(this will test if my wife lurks on the board to see what I post. LMAO)

On 1/17/2020 at 8:05 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Thomas Sowell, one of the greatest minds of our lifetime couldn’t have said it better. 

AE1D5C1B-7ECD-4D37-9E0B-9C921E0F64C5.jpeg

He could have said it better.

He could have said "overcome the problems", not "overcome the problenms." Was he talking with food in his mouth, or after a few nips from the bottle perhaps?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

You got that from the first line saying Diversity is NOT our strength. Lol

It's one of the building blocks of strength. 

This entire argument that you have posed reeks of thoughts of genocide or other destruction of races or cultures that are different from your own. 

It's not the first time I've been able to read that into your posts/thought processes. 

I mean, you literally have said diversity by definition means to water down. I truly believe that's what you think. That statement is totally in line with your other beliefs and posts we've read from you here. At least you cut it to the chase and there is no need to try to read between the lines. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

He could have said it better.

He could have said "overcome the problems", not "overcome the problenms." Was he talking with food in his mouth, or after a few nips from the bottle perhaps?

Gotta love when an idiot creates a meme and is too stupid to spell check it before pushing it out into the interwebs and then it, and it's subsequent site link are shared as some authoritative source. 

Kinda like Mistake Preps and high school football. It's tough to take something so laden with mistakes very seriously. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

[...]

if you were basing your selections solely on test scores only, then the top scores would be chosen regardless of physical characteristics that people can not control. If 3 black guys got A’s, 3 white guys got B’s, and 3 Spanish guys got C’s, you are not gonna take an A, B, and C for the sake of diversity. You would take the A’s. The elite. Diversity would make the selection process weak. 

That's a truism. 

Do you want to talk about test scores or grades, because those come apart also? 

Universities believe that there is value in having a diverse community, which is why they defend their "holistic"admissions policies, which take into consideration test scores, grades, geographical location, ethnicity, interests, etc. 

Nothing you've said here counts against their policy.  

• Like 1

Diversity is only a strength when expectations and standards are met. That is a prerequisite for it to be strong. 

Importing a bunch of low skilled immigrants for the sake of diversity does not make us stronger. However, bringing in the best people regardless of characteristics they can not control is a strength. 

Just screaming diversity is a strength and feeling good about yourself isn’t good enough. There has to be a standard in order for it to be a strength. There has to be more than just saying it like some democratic talking point. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1