Border War - HawgGoneIt

Rufus69

56 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Football in mid January.

15793052771003785816983613792880.thumb.jpg.63ce3b35b80982ec63481228faa5de20.jpg

It's a hodge podge mix of south Georgia and north Florida players, both public and private school's players. 

These are still uncommitted players. I guess you could say the best uncommitteds left. It gives scouts a last look before signing day.

15793055002637642046329453632603.thumb.jpg.555b39ef50b561bc286156928ab53135.jpg

They look like middle school . 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

What was the final score? I couldn’t make it this year. Wish it was on a Saturday 

35-0. Florida has owned Georgia for 7 consecutive years now in this border war series. 

The game was pretty chippy as well. Saw quite a few players throw punches and that type activity. 

Maybe one day, Georgia will take the game more seriously and get one of our better coaches for the thing. They practiced 4 days for this thing, and, it showed. The Pelham QB was never on target all night so there was little chance for Georgia to score. Kids on there from Valwood and Baconton Charter. xD

Those Madison County and Wakulla kids showed out. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

35-0. Florida has owned Georgia for 7 consecutive years now in this border war series. 

The game was pretty chippy as well. Saw quite a few players throw punches and that type activity. 

Maybe one day, Georgia will take the game more seriously and get one of our better coaches for the thing. They practiced 4 days for this thing, and, it showed. The Pelham QB was never on target all night so there was little chance for Georgia to score. Kids on there from Valwood and Baconton Charter. xD

Those Madison County and Wakulla kids showed out. 

Sounds like FL stacks the teams. Lol. These games would be way different if the actual high school teams played 

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Sounds like FL stacks the teams. Lol. These games would be way different if the actual high school teams played 

Idk. I didn't grab one of the roster lists as I arrived right at kickoff. I know they called a Madison County kid's name quite a few times and a Wakulla kid. 

Georgia was doing so badly, I mainly talked to folks around me and enjoyed the cold brisk night. Georgia had a few good players on the team, but, no great qb, and clearly not very well coached. 

Saw a few Lee County helmets, one humpty dumpty shaped kid at center most of the night... was not impressed with his shape or blocking. Some Brooks county kids. Valwood, Baconton Charter... Have to admit, I really didn't even know they fielded a football team. 

Anyway, it was still high school football nearing the end of January and there was a decent crowd. Better than the crowd at Colquitt a few years back. 

Didn't back then, they had several of these games where they went more regional with the players and would play at several stadiums across the area? Seems like that's how they did it maybe in 2014 or 15. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk. I didn't grab one of the roster lists as I arrived right at kickoff. I know they called a Madison County kid's name quite a few times and a Wakulla kid. 

Georgia was doing so badly, I mainly talked to folks around me and enjoyed the cold brisk night. Georgia had a few good players on the team, but, no great qb, and clearly not very well coached. 

Saw a few Lee County helmets, one humpty dumpty shaped kid at center most of the night... was not impressed with his shape or blocking. Some Brooks county kids. Valwood, Baconton Charter... Have to admit, I really didn't even know they fielded a football team. 

Anyway, it was still high school football nearing the end of January and there was a decent crowd. Better than the crowd at Colquitt a few years back. 

Didn't back then, they had several of these games where they went more regional with the players and would play at several stadiums across the area? Seems like that's how they did it maybe in 2014 or 15. 

Did any of our poor, tiny, little undersized Hawgs get in on the O-Line?

Rufus>>

55 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Did any of our poor, tiny, little undersized Hawgs get in on the O-Line?

Rufus>>

Yes, they rotated the players every other series basically.  They did good. The center that played in their rotation was not very good. Bad body, and just released the rush almost every play. The poor Pelham qb was on the run and never could get his feet set due to that. 

Connor Gay and Thomas Barry. Thomas is going to St. Andrews College in North Carolina next weekend for an official visit. I think unless new offers roll in, that may be his choice.  NAIA school. 

• Thanks 1