Basketball: WCAC (DC metro) 4 Southern CA 0

BigDrop

Payback for football.  

DeMatha 72 Rancho Christian 65

Paul VI 70 Sierra Canyon 62

O’Connell 73 Mater Dei 72

DeMatha 71 Mater Dei 60 (January 4th)

Note:  both Paul VI (Fairfax, VA) and O’Connell (Arlington, VA) are in the WCAC but they no longer play football with DM, GC, GZ, SJC and McNamara.  Interestingly Paul VI is moving to a magnificent campus in Loudoun county, VA and will probably start playing the stronger WCAC teams again.  

• Like 4

Sierra Canyon with 3 loses and MD with 4 loses I think so far this season. In the case of Sierra Canyon, nobody has more talent in terms of prospect rankings but they are getting beat by teams that are just that... teams. From what I have see from MD they struggle when their outside shots don’t fall and their defenders get beat off the dribble. They have great length but are struggling against smaller and quicker teams.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Sierra Canyon with 3 loses and MD with 4 loses I think so far this season. In the case of Sierra Canyon, nobody has more talent in terms of prospect rankings but they are getting beat by teams that are just that... teams. From what I have see from MD they struggle when their outside shots don’t fall and their defenders get beat off the dribble. They have great length but are struggling against smaller and quicker teams.

There is a post on here from me about DeMatha bring manhandled by Montverde a few weeks ago.  IMG was just similarly stomped by Montverde.  This is a great Montverde team-Perhaps one of the best high school teams in years.

Also, please forgive my bs about the WCAC and SoCal (where I was married).  I honestly think it’s great that there can be bi coastal games and really enjoy them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Payback for football.  

DeMatha 72 Rancho Christian 65

Paul VI 70 Sierra Canyon 62

O’Connell 73 Mater Dei 72

DeMatha 71 Mater Dei 60 (January 4th)

Note:  both Paul VI (Fairfax, VA) and O’Connell (Arlington, VA) are in the WCAC but they no longer play football with DM, GC, GZ, SJC and McNamara.  Interestingly Paul VI is moving to a magnificent campus in Loudoun county, VA and will probably start playing the stronger WCAC teams again.  

Very true. We needed a bit of redemption after the SJB and MD wins over DM, GC and SFA in football. 

Great seeing the two coasts play each other. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, BigDrop said:

There is a post on here from me about DeMatha bring manhandled by Montverde a few weeks ago.  IMG was just similarly stomped by Montverde.  This is a great Montverde team-Perhaps one of the best high school teams in years.

Also, please forgive my bs about the WCAC and SoCal (where I was married).  I honestly think it’s great that there can be bi coastal games and really enjoy them.

Montverde Academy has received little publicity about it’s recruiting but it is similar to IMG and Oak Hill.  The Central Florida school  has four players who are in the ESPN top 100.  One is from Arkansas, one from Texas, one from Ohio and the fourth is from Florida. Of course his Florida home town is 180 miles away.

Literally Montverde is a national all star team.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

MD should Play Zone to offset the quicker teams.

Problem solved.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Montverde Academy has received little publicity about it’s recruiting but it is similar to IMG and Oak Hill.  The Central Florida school  has four players who are in the ESPN top 100.  One is from Ohio, one from Texas, one from Ohio and the fourth is from Florida. Of course his Florida home town is 180 miles away.

Always has been.

15 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Come on now, admit it, inwardly you’re chortling. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Montverde Academy has received little publicity about it’s recruiting but it is similar to IMG and Oak Hill.  The Central Florida school  has four players who are in the ESPN top 100.  One is from Arkansas, one from Texas, one from Ohio and the fourth is from Florida. Of course his Florida home town is 180 miles away.

For those who follow basketball, Montverde is very well known along with their rep for being an Academy.