OT: Damn Russians Cost Comey his Job

thc6795

Comey was damaged goods - both sides hated him.  But now, when he gets fired, he was doing God's work.  What Comey did last July when he cleared Clinton and then trashed her was highly irregular, to the point of being unethical.  I said so then - I also said it would hurt her.  He was a poor director of the FBI and no one is sad to see him go.  But there will be a requisite circle jerk by the media and the Dems.  As long as the Russian investigation is air - all it is now - this firing amounts to nothing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Comey was damaged goods - both sides hated him.  But now, when he gets fired, he was doing God's work.  What Comey did last July when he cleared Clinton and then trashed her was highly irregular, to the point of being unethical.  I said so then - I also said it would hurt her.  He was a poor director of the FBI and no one is sad to see him go.  But there will be a requisite circle jerk by the media and the Dems.  As long as the Russian investigation is air - all it is now - this firing amounts to nothing.

50 cheeto surrogates agree with you!!!

16 minutes ago, Bormio said:

No.  The FBI issued Grand Jury subpoenas to associates of Michael Flynn:  http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/politics/grand-jury-fbi-russia/index.html which was reported tonight.  Comey stated on March 9th that there is an active investigation into the possible Russian connection.

You don't fire the person leading the investigation against you.  If you do it makes you look guilty.  Especially if you also fire the Attorney General and the person who is also leading an investigation against you in New York.  

Comey should have been fired months ago...or months from now.  But not now.  Again, it really looks bad.

Comey gave them an opening by giving erroneous testimony to Congress.  He was terminally damaged.  There will be an investigation - so far there is no there, there.  So there are subpoenas - every investigation has them.  So far the Russia investigation has been like trying to swat a mosquito - there is no coherent story - even Feinstein said that.  If that is the case - the timing matters not a whit.

An addendum:  20 or more million of us can lose our healthcare depending on the results of the next few months.  There is also a serious expectation that taxes (for some) will be lowered.  There are also the matters of immigration, infrastructure and on and on and on.  All of this is now on the sidelines because of the drama associated with Trump and the Russians.  This is an interesting comment from a couple of hours ago.  Source is CNBC:  http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/09/comey-firing-raises-concern-that-trump-pro-growth-agenda-could-be-slowed-even-more.html

Trump is doing everything that Putin could have hoped for.

2 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Comey gave them an opening by giving erroneous testimony to Congress.  He was terminally damaged.  There will be an investigation - so far there is no there, there.  So there are subpoenas - every investigation has them.  So far the Russia investigation has been like trying to swat a mosquito - there is no coherent story - even Feinstein said that.  If that is the case - the timing matters not a whit.

His National Security adviser, campaign manager and a half dozen or more others?  http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/03/connections-trump-putin-russia-ties-chart-flynn-page-manafort-sessions-214868

Just now, BigDrop said:

His National Security adviser, campaign manager and a half dozen or more others?  http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/03/connections-trump-putin-russia-ties-chart-flynn-page-manafort-sessions-214868

You really need to stop taking Politico pieces so to heart.  OMG - they have TIES to Russia.  That covers a good bit of the American business community.  When there is evidence of a crime - we will know.  So far - nada.

4 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Can you recommend a nice place to stay by there?

My in laws lived there for years 

I'd google home-away in waldport OR 

when you're done there I need to get you up to San Juan islands WA

where u moving in TX

6 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Will always say that.. Great point... Clean the swamp...Comey went  to Northern  Highlands Regional HS in of all places, in Allendale N.J.  used to live about 2 miles away and  knew two guys who may have taught him... Gotta get to those guys....

Infamous Allendale NJ... 2010 census avg family income of over 131,000 per year and at one time a first round draft pick from 2017 lived there.  

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-684346923542899984/jabrill-peppers-mother-evicted-following-transfer-from-don-bosco-prep-to-paramus-catholic/

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Sooner or later trumpy is going to run out of people he can fire to shield him from getting caught.  Just a matter of time. Lol

Caught for what?

Thus far, we have a load of left-wing conspiracy theories containing all the substance of an Air McMuffin.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Can you recommend a nice place to stay by there?

I can.  One of my favorite places is Yachats.  Its about 1/2 way up the coast. Its great if you like to do any rock hounding. Big agates.?  the whole coastline is nothing but sandy beaches.  From Brookings in south Oregon and Lincoln City at the north it's all pretty cool.  I stay away from going inland as the coast can't be beat and imo people get stranger the farther you stray from the coast.  2 different world's. I can give you specific places to stay if you want.

8 hours ago, Pops said:

My in laws lived there for years 

I'd google home-away in waldport OR 

when you're done there I need to get you up to San Juan islands WA

where u moving in TX

I was googling it last night while we were at dinner and there was this one hotel that looked ok.  It was the Whale Cove in I think Depoe or something like that.  Bae is pumped to go check it out.  Not entirely sure where in TX yet.  Waiting for Intel to figure out what we are going to do in Texas.  I just know its later this year.

28 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I can.  One of my favorite places is Yachats.  Its about 1/2 way up the coast. Its great if you like to do any rock hounding. Big agates.?  the whole coastline is nothing but sandy beaches.  From Brookings in south Oregon and Lincoln City at the north it's all pretty cool.  I stay away from going inland as the coast can't be beat and imo people get stranger the farther you stray from the coast.  2 different world's. I can give you specific places to stay if you want.

Yeah I will take all recommendations on where to go and stay.  Right now I have only looked at Whale Cove in Depoe but Im open to whatever.

18 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I was googling it last night while we were at dinner and there was this one hotel that looked ok.  It was the Whale Cove in I think Depoe or something like that.  Bae is pumped to go check it out.  Not entirely sure where in TX yet.  Waiting for Intel to figure out what we are going to do in Texas.  I just know its later this year.

My wife just corrected my ref to Yachats (same as world) -- waldport is nice if serenity is most important but there's nothing there but sand 

all in the greater Newport area which is the capital of OR's central coast

6 minutes ago, Pops said:

My wife just corrected my ref to Yachats (same as world) -- waldport is nice if serenity is most important but there's nothing there but sand 

all in the greater Newport area which is the capital of OR's central coast

I was surprised to see no trees but I guess thats their thing.  Or the logging industry did their thing. Lol