Who wins the Super Bowl?

frankyjames

Who wins the Super Bowl?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Super Bowl?

3 hours ago, frankyjames said:

KC is a one trick pony.

They  might be, but that one trick of theirs is pretty good.

No predictions, but if KC can neutralize the SF pass rush, Mahomes should be able to pick apart a soft 49er secondary.  Niners will counter by shortening the game with grind it out possessions to keep the KC offense off the field.

And again, not a prediction but a suspicion...would not be totally surprised to see the game turn into an Andy Reid lovefest, ala Super Bowl XL.  How SF deals with that situation will go a long way to help determine the outcome.

1 hour ago, Rippers said:

They  might be, but that one trick of theirs is pretty good.

No predictions, but if KC can neutralize the SF pass rush, Mahomes should be able to pick apart a soft 49er secondary.  Niners will counter by shortening the game with grind it out possessions to keep the KC offense off the field.

And again, not a prediction but a suspicion...would not be totally surprised to see the game turn into an Andy Reid lovefest, ala Super Bowl XL.  How SF deals with that situation will go a long way to help determine the outcome.

You hit on a valid point about KC being able to neutralize SF pass rush. A big " If " . Now if they can do that and force SF to rush more than 4 leaving SF with less defenders in backfield to defend against Mahomes, than that is a big factor. Niners secondary is definitely  their weakness. KC seems to have a lot of weaknesses. Their secondary is worse than niners, and their defense is worse as a whole. Niners seem to be doing what is necessary to win. If they can run and pound on you they will do that. If KC stacks the box, niners have the ability to pass also. Game comes down, imop, to whether Garoppolo turns it over. If both teams play the way they can, excluding the TO  factor, my pick is Niners. Their physicality is something KC has not experienced this year. I recall the Denver game vs Seattle a few years back when Denver came into game as favorite against seahawks. Denver had the all-time record setting offense at that time, but they failed to see that Both the Niners and Seahawks were at a different level Physically than everyone else that year. That was easy money . Same thing when Niners played Miami with Marino in 85. I think Miami was favored in that one also. I'm not set in stone with Niners, but I feel very good about their chances in this one 

7 hours ago, frankyjames said:

Kansas City will lose this game. They can't stop the run and the 49ers can pass.

Much more well rounded team than KC. 

Again, I am from the future. Patty MaHomes will win MVP. For you 49er fans, the first person to score a TD will be Matt Breida. 22 yard run.

15 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think Mahomes legs will be the difference in the game. Perhaps it plays out similarly to the AFC championship game even. 

San Fran will likely need to be working the same type game plan that KC just put to sleep in the AFC championship. 

I'll go with Kansas City by 7 to 10 points. 

This will be like when the Seahawks played Denver in the SB. Everyone talked up Peyton Manning and the #1 Broncos offense. Nobody even talked about Seattle.

The game was over the 1st quarter. 

37 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That's what Houston thought too. 

That's what I don't get. All these people picking the Chiefs as if they had dismantled these great playoff teams.

Houston and Tennessee are likely NOT playoff teams in the NFC. The Chiefs struggled with both. 

The 49ers are on a WHOLE OTHER LEVEL than Houston and the Titans. People are in for a rude awakening. 

11 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

That's what I don't get. All these people picking the Chiefs as if they had dismantled these great playoff teams.

Houston and Tennessee are likely NOT playoff teams in the NFC. The Chiefs struggled with both. 

The 49ers are on a WHOLE OTHER LEVEL than Houston and the Titans. People are in for a rude awakening. 

And somehow the powerhouse 49ers lost to the Falcons. 😂

• Haha 1

51 to 31 when Houston was up 21 to 0 in the first quarter. KC outscores Houston  51 to 10 in the last 3 quarters. 

I don't count that as struggling personally. 

Then, I don't figure San Fran to be that much better than Tennessee in all honesty. The final in that game was 35 to 24. 

There is a reason the spread is only 1.5 points right now. All this destroy, game will be over in the first quarter type malarkey is just that.