Valdosta wildcats HC fired

Ga96

Just funny seeing all the racist come out the wood works over a coach that probably was gonna leave with his son anyways. For a school with the most wins and tie have a majority black team and never has had a black head coach. Then to see all these racist come out crying racism because a white coach got fired is hilarious. The guy emberassed yall team last year after the loss in the playoffs. Ive been talked to the AD and your program is going downhill due to you so call die hard cats not supporting the kids. It was more wildcats at lowndes home games this past year than their own home games. I just had to post after seeing all the comments on the Ga board. 

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Just funny seeing all the racist come out the wood works over a coach that probably was gonna leave with his son anyways. For a school with the most wins and tie have a majority black team and never has had a black head coach. Then to see all these racist come out crying racism because a white coach got fired is hilarious. The guy emberassed yall team last year after the loss in the playoffs. Ive been talked to the AD and your program is going downhill due to you so call die hard cats not supporting the kids. It was more wildcats at lowndes home games this past year than their own home games. I just had to post after seeing all the comments on the Ga board. 

Ya finished?

Or can we get your point instead of rambling mumbo-jumbo.

So apparently we should we be upset over:

A.  The coach (who apparently embarrassed the team?) that got fired.

B.  The "racist fans" not supporting thier team (which probably played a part in the coach getting fired).

Let's start here because half the board is probably as confused as I am.

• Like 1

Most expected Rodemaker to leave soon anyway. Apparently there was recommendation to keep Rodemaker, but, the board voted to remove him in a split vote 5 to 4. Also, apparently this vote was along racial lines, where the 5 African American board members voted for removal and the 4 white members voted to keep. 

Of course, people want to point to the apparent race division in the vote. Idk what the politics are there, and why he may have been ousted, but, there could be something more to it than race. 

I'd be more worried that it's kinda late to be looking for a coach, who, will need to be in a hurry to transition than I would be about racial division. 

A lot of changing in south Georgia as far as high school football. I guess time will tell if it's for the better. 

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Most expected Rodemaker to leave soon anyway. Apparently there was recommendation to keep Rodemaker, but, the board voted to remove him in a split vote 5 to 4. Also, apparently this vote was along racial lines, where the 5 African American board members voted for removal and the 4 white members voted to keep. 

Of course, people want to point to the apparent race division in the vote. Idk what the politics are there, and why he may have been ousted, but, there could be something more to it than race. 

I'd be more worried that it's kinda late to be looking for a coach, who, will need to be in a hurry to transition than I would be about racial division. 

A lot of changing in south Georgia as far as high school football. I guess time will tell if it's for the better. 

I've already contacted the Colquitt Brain Trust to find a place on our defensive staff for AR.    I think you know what I'm talking about....

Rufus>>

• Like 1

More cryptic drivel from Dufus.... I mean Roofie.. I mean Rufus...😁

What in the actual are we talking about here?

Oh, Rodenmaker after a stellar season got canned but not the Ship.

Along racial lines (BOE).

Well it's that time of year for SOWEGA drama boys, it was this time last year Coach Propst was getting the shafting publically.

giphy.gif

BGW

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I've already contacted the Colquitt Brain Trust to find a place on our defensive staff for AR.    I think you know what I'm talking about....

Rufus>>

Well, our DC from last year went to Valdosta. I guess he may be looking for a job again? Idk that, but, yeah, the way I understand it he and Rodemaker are pals.

3 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

More cryptic drivel from Dufus.... I mean Roofie.. I mean Rufus...😁

What in the actual are we talking about here?

Oh, Rodenmaker after a stellar season got canned, but not the Ship.

Along racial lines (BOE).

Well it's that time of year for SOWEGA drama boys, it was this time last year Coach Propst was getting the shafting publically.giphy.gif

AJC link...

https://www.ajc.com/blog/high-school-sports/valdosta-fires-rodemaker-coach-who-won-2016-state-title/2QNMqLqRK5TgQqp7nwTa3K/

BGW

Sometimes it's about more than winning, or race. 

I think he was 36 or 38 and 17 with one championship and at least one exit when the faithful thought they should have been much better. There was the star qb that transferred in, many thought should be the starter outright, but, Rodemaker platooned his son in quite a bit, which caused some of the racial fuss apparently. (The qb many thought should start was black.) I don't think race played a role in that, but, nepotism may have. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think he was 36 or 38 and 17 with one championship and at least one exit when the faithful thought they should have been much better. There was the star qb that transferred in, many thought should be the starter outright, but, Rodemaker platooned his son in quite a bit, which caused some of the racial fuss apparently. (The qb many thought should start was black.) I don't think race played a role in that, but, nepotism may have. 

That was the scuttlebutt thrown around without a real clarification, a while back.

That said, you know how little things can simmer and then erupt later...

BGW

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Valdosta lost thier best WR due to injury and Rodemaker JR was still able to become an all American 

it’s not like his son sucked he was a stud as well

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Valdosta lost thier best WR due to injury and Rodemaker JR was still able to become an all American 

it’s not like his son sucked he was a stud as well

This is true. The year in question was when young Rodemaker was a soph and making some mistakes though. Some people thought the other qb could have won them the championship if they had went with him solely where he could get a rhythm. 

Idk nor did I care at the time. 

I can't say any of that played a role in Rodemaker being dismissed either. The timing is interesting, because they now have to scramble to get a coach and him to get cooking before spring ball. OTA's and the like. Maybe they had a plan already though. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

The Valdosta Times article at least had some entertaining comments.  What's up with AJC not having comments?  That's always the best part of these kind of stories. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This makes much more sense.  I read some other posts on other site and was wondering what they were talking about.  Thanks brother.