Valdosta wildcats HC fired

Ga96

21 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Phil Jones needs a reality check if he thinks people at L.A.X. Airport know who Valdosta is

Really a clueless statement.  Atlanta is the busiest airport in the world. 100s of flights to LAX a week with 1000s flying to LAX every week at some point somebody has had a Valdosta t shirt or hat and has been recognized.  Don't let common sense and facts get in the way.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Really a clueless statement.  Atlanta is the busiest airport in the world. 100s of flights to LAX a week with 1000s flying to LAX every week at some point somebody has had a Valdosta t shirt or hat and has been recognized.  Don't let common sense and facts get in the way.  

And Valdosta is more than 3 hours from Atlanta.

Why the hell would being 3 hours from a major airport mean that somebody would recognize a shirt?

That's like saying that since Arcadia is 3 hours from Miami (one of the busiest airports) that somebody in San Francisco would know who their high school football team is.

Most people aren't high school football degenerates like you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

And Valdosta is more than 3 hours from Atlanta.

Why the hell would being 3 hours from a major airport mean that somebody would recognize a shirt?

That's like saying that since Arcadia is 3 hours from Miami (one of the busiest airports) that somebody in San Francisco would know who their high school football team is.

Most people aren't high school football degenerates like you.

It's much cheaper to fly out of Atlanta dumbass. Everybody in the state of Georgia knows who Valdosta is and most sports fans do around the nation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Say what???  What does ATL being a busy airport have to do with anybody outside of ga knowing who they are? 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

What airport do you think most people that would have Valdosta shirt or hat on fly out of Mexico City? Its Atlanta. 

So that translates to everybody knowing of them?  I had never heard of them until I joined the boards and I am mos def a follower of national football.  I grew up reading the USA Today top 25 and still never heard of them.

27 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

So that translates to everybody knowing of them?  I had never heard of them until I joined the boards and I am mos def a follower of national football.  I grew up reading the USA Today top 25 and still never heard of them.

And this would be why they're looking for a new coach. At one time, everyone knew who they were, and the team smashing their helmets into the tin roof of their tunnel struck fear into the hearts of their opponents at Death Valley.

Today, the younger generation of the country outside of the southeast really don't know who they are, and that helmet banging the tin is just noise. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

And this would be why they're looking for a new coach. At one time, everyone knew who they were, and the team smashing their helmets into the tin roof of their tunnel struck fear into the hearts of their opponents at Death Valley.

Today, the younger generation of the country outside of the southeast really don't know who they are, and that helmet banging the tin is just noise. 

I can see that, but most likely only in ga.  I had never heard of them until a few years ago.  Same with colcuts when they had that team back a few years that won state.  I was hoping they would win a mnc.  I was pulling for them.  And then came rab and that was that. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

A noise worse than nails on a chalk board... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

I can see that, but most likely only in ga.  I had never heard of them until a few years ago.  Same with colcuts when they had that team back a few years that won state.  I was hoping they would win a mnc.  I was pulling for them.  And then came rab and that was that. 

AP...if you are indeed a follower of high school football as you say...one of the two things below is Gospel (I suppose both could be)...

1.  You are 12

2.  You've been living under a rock.

The Valdosta Wildcats are the winningest high school football team in the USA.

Rufus>>

13 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

AP...if you are indeed a follower of high school football as you say...one of the two things below is Gospel (I suppose both could be)...

1.  You are 12

2.  You've been living under a rock.

The Valdosta Wildcats are the winningest high school football team in the USA.

Rufus>>

Sorry Charlie.  I wish I was 12 and I wish I was living under a rock.  Valdosta is a big name in GA and maybe the surrounding states, but never heard of them until maybe the late 2000's or so.  Now teams like DLS and Mater Dei have mos def been nationally known schools since Moses was in short pants. 

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

Sorry Charlie.  I wish I was 12 and I wish I was living under a rock.  Valdosta is a big name in GA and maybe the surrounding states, but never heard of them until maybe the late 2000's or so.  Now teams like DLS and Mater Dei are mos def have been nationally known schools since Moses was in short pants. 

DLS yes. MD no... 

I first heard about MD in basketball when they lost to Wheeler awhile back. 

Sorry Charlie.  I wish I was 12 and I wish I was living under a rock.  Valdosta is a big name in GA and maybe the surrounding states, but never heard of them until maybe the late 2000's or so.  Now teams like DLS and Mater Dei have mos def been nationally known schools since Moses was in short pants. 

Valdosta is the team That established big time high school football. I’m a tad bit younger than Rufus. Lived across this country from the gulf to New York and Alaska. This team had recognition before any and all other teams nationally. Bazemore was designing plays that were later used in the Pros. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Mater Dei has been well known as the school that put out multiple NFL qb's since way back when. 

LBP is my go to Cali team they're the first Cali school I even started following. 

I've had family go through LBP. And LBP has put out a ton of NFL talent. 

I also don't like MD uniforms... 

They look like Michigan uniforms... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Oh Yeah...real oldies.

Mater Dei started football in 1950.

DLS started football in 1965.

The Valdosta Wildcats started playing football in 1913.

Back in the day...if and when Valdosta lost...it made the national news.

There's you some Gospel...

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Oh Yeah...real oldies.

Mater Dei started football in 1950.

DLS started football in 1965.

The Valdosta Wildcats started playing football in 1913.

Back in the day...if and when Valdosta lost...it made the national news.

There's you some Gospel...

Rufus>>

Preach on Reverend