Valdosta wildcats HC fired

Ga96

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I think people put to much stock into BS if the coach is doing his job then his color shouldn't be a factor... 

Rodemaker was doing his job... Sending the boys to college and winning games... 

No coach is gonna win a state title every year... Outside of that Rodemaker was a decent coach. 

And given that there's been no legitimate reason for his job loss and no one's said anything.... 

It's getting kinda hard to cover the BOE's ass... 

I think the members of the board were pissed that he didn't win the championship last season. Had all the talent to win it all, and laid an egg vs sorry ass Richmond Hill. They weren't gonna let him off the hook that easy... 

13 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I think the members of the board were pissed that he didn't win the championship last season. Had all the talent to win it all, and laid an egg vs sorry ass Richmond Hill. They weren't gonna let him off the hook that easy... 

Richmond Hills last season wasn't sorry they took down some solid teams Valdosta Included...  

But they shouldn't have beaten Valdosta... 

The almost beat 6A finalist Allatoona on their home turf... 

But poor time management cost them that game...

7 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Richmond Hills last season wasn't sorry they took down some solid teams Valdosta Included...  

But they shouldn't have beaten Valdosta... 

The almost beat 6A finalist Allatoona on their home turf... 

But poor time management cost them that game...

Absolutely not. I just truly feel like this game rubbed the board members the wrong way. If you don't win in Valdosta, you might as well start looking for your next destination. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Hahaha.  Well if  its anything like his Baller Alerts then I'm good.  Pass. 

Valdosta HC was fired  by 1 vote,  The black members voted to fire him MAYONNAISE MEMEMBERS WANTED TO KEEP HIM AS COACH,  there’s only like 6-7 members so I don’t understand why you need a recount

but ya the a recount is tonight  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Dude he should just leave.  If the powers that be said go kick rocks then accept your fate and beat it. 

There's a 9 person board and the vote went 5-4 to not renew his contract. 

It's not the same as being removed during the season or something, but, it is a lot similar to being fired. These contracts go year to year, and a coach is always in danger of having it not be renewed. Especially if you are underachieving, but, of course that isn't the only reason as us Colquitt people well know. 

I guess the thought is that at least one member that voted to not renew may change their mind after having a couple of weeks to hear from constituents and other board members, so they are having a second meeting. It could also have something to do with how much immediate interest they had in the opening, or, lack thereof. 

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

There's a 9 person board and the vote went 5-4 to not renew his contract. 

It's not the same as being removed during the season or something, but, it is a lot similar to being fired. These contracts go year to year, and a coach is always in danger of having it not be renewed. Especially if you are underachieving, but, of course that isn't the only reason as us Colquitt people well know. 

I guess the thought is that at least one member that voted to not renew may change their mind after having a couple of weeks to hear from constituents and other board members, so they are having a second meeting. It could also have something to do with how much immediate interest they had in the opening, or, lack thereof. 

IMO it will not change a thing.  The vote will be the same.  

7 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Dude he should just leave.  If the powers that be said go kick rocks then accept your fate and beat it. 

Double edged sword for the BOE... What's really bad about this is the kids respected and liked this man that's one of the reasons they hired him. He was already on staff and he got along well with the kids because he helped bring them through the system. 

Now idk how shit works out there. But last time some shit like this happened players transfered out and Lowndes is already licking their chops... 

Because the Lowndes Zone is so fucking huge these players could go to Lowndes no problem... And nobody would suspect shit... 

2nd... This is gonna look bad for any potential worthwhile candidates... 

Here's why. 

Who wants to work for someone that's going to fire you for no reason... None... And give no explanation. You know if they said something like "You didn't meet our expectations" but they didn't give any of that. Ngl I sure as hell wouldn't... I'd like to know what I did to deserve being fired. That's a turn off to anyone... 

Coupled with the fact that the Players, Students and Parents liked this man. Yea the Valdosta fan base is about to burn the BOE at the stake... 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Double edged sword for the BOE... What's really bad about this is the kids respected and liked this man that's one of the reasons they hired him. He was already on staff and he got along well with the kids because he helped bring them through the system. 

Now idk how shit works out there. But last time some shit like this happened players transfered out and Lowndes is already licking their chops... 

Because the Lowndes Zone is so fucking huge these players could go to Lowndes no problem... And nobody would suspect shit... 

Here's why. 

Who wants to work for someone that's going to fire you for no reason... None... And give no explanation. You know if they said something like "You didn't meet our expectations" but they didn't give any of that. Ngl I sure as hell wouldn't... I'd like to know what I did to deserve being fired. That's a turn off to anyone... 

Coupled with the fact that the Players, Students and Parents liked this man. Yea the Valdosta fan base is about to burn the BOE at the stake... 

But i thought transferring for athletic purposes was illegal in ga and never happens?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Here's why. 

Colquitt had the same thing. The kids loved Rush, but, somehow the board was just convinced that Rush was a danger to them. xD

Good luck to Valdosta is all I know. 

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Idk what it is though.... This isn't the first time some BOE's have made dumb decisions... Seems to be a recent trend.  

But like someone on the GA boards said. 

The Valdosta BOE is about to reap what they sow. 

If you think about it... Lee changed coaches about 3 or 4 years ago, Camden changed coaches 2 years ago. Colquitt changed coaches last year, Lowndes and Valdosta both this year, and Tift is like a revolving door. 

Not sure what the hell is going on down here. Haha