Valdosta wildcats HC fired

Ga96

4 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

But i thought transferring for athletic purposes was illegal in ga and never happens?

Between Valdosta and Lowndes idk how common transferring is... I can imagine it wouldn't be hard. Lowndes school zone is bigger because it's a county school and Valdosta is a city school. But the schools themselves aren't far apart... 

I'm sure you wouldn't exactly raise to many eyebrows if you transferred.  

But yeah this is gonna bite Valdosta in the ass some how some way.... 

Kids will either transfer like I said or protest all together. 

I feel like there is most definitely so nepotistic underlying reasons for this firing though... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If you think about it... Lee changed coaches about 3 or 4 years ago, Camden changed coaches 2 years ago. Colquitt changed coaches last year, Lowndes and Valdosta both this year, and Tift is like a revolving door. 

Not sure what the hell is going on down here. Haha

I could tell you Tift's problem in 1 sentence...

Everyone thinks they know how to coach better than the coach...

• Haha 3

Just now, AztecPadre said:

At the end of the day its HSFB.  These are just kids playing for fun and having the time of their lives.  Its not like its something that serious to where adults should be freaking out and losing sleep over it.  Tomorrow the sun will still rise in the east and settle in the west.  

Eh, that's easy to say, but, some people invest a lot (money/time/emotions) into these programs for them to be successful, so the kids will have that as a vehicle to college. 

I think in recent times, there has been a reckoning with what the definition of success is. Some folks thinking the way you just posted, and others taking it more seriously. 

In this area, with low pay scales, many kids need it as a vehicle to get to college, so, like minded folks invest to help them realize those needs. When these types of things happen to upset the vehicle, people do not deal well with it. It's especially difficult to understand why "educators" like admin and BOE officers would not see it that way. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Eh, that's easy to say, but, some people invest a lot (money/time/emotions) into these programs for them to be successful, so the kids will have that as a vehicle to college. 

I think in recent times, there has been a reckoning with what the definition of success is. Some folks thinking the way you just posted, and others taking it more seriously. 

In this area, with low pay scales, many kids need it as a vehicle to get to college, so, like minded folks invest to help them realize those needs. When these types of things happen to upset the vehicle, people do not deal well with it. It's especially difficult to understand why "educators" like admin and BOE officers would not see it that way. 

The kids can still use it as a vehicle to college.  If they are good enough then they get offered.  But parents who lose their shit over hsfb to point where it creates actual animosity and hatred that leads to some seriously hateful speech, its just stupid.  In the whole scheme of life an adult is going to lose it over hsfb?  Haha.  Its kids playing a great fun game.  Let them have their time and not let adults ruin it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

The kids can still use it as a vehicle to college.  If they are good enough then they get offered.  But parents who lose their shit over hsfb to point where it creates actual animosity and hatred that leads to some seriously hateful speech, its just stupid.  In the whole scheme of life an adult is going to lose it over hsfb?  Haha.  Its kids playing a great fun game.  Let them have their time and not let adults ruin it.

"Some kids." Not always as many kids if you can follow the train of thought. The development may change for the worse, the way that recruiting is handled may change for the worse and etc. 

Turmoil is not good for anyone. Not the kids, not the supporters, not anyone.

But, yeah, in a way, I agree. There are a lot of voices that could care less about the kids really. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Are you insane?

Are you still living in the dark ages?

Current day HSFB is not the HSFB of even (5) years ago.

Quit posting ludicrous stuff !!!!

Rufus>>

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

"Some kids." Not always as many kids if you can follow the train of thought. The development may change for the worse, the way that recruiting is handled may change for the worse and etc. 

Turmoil is not good for anyone. Not the kids, not the supporters, not anyone.

But, yeah, in a way, I agree. There are a lot of voices that could care less about the kids really. 

To be honest... 

This low-key reminds me of what I've heard about the  Rick Darlington situation

Granted I was very young when all that happened but based on what I've heard... 

Hehehe... They're not to different... 

• Thanks 1

Well, I woke up this morning to the news story on t.v. that Alan Rodemaker is still working until his contract runs out in June... But, he's still fired from the team immediately, and only a school system employee until June. 

I bet you couldn't guess that the news story was speaking to a lawyer for Rodemaker, and he's still fighting for some reason, after being fired by the BOE twice in two weeks. 

https://www.valdostadailytimes.com/news/local_news/rodemaker-still-out-no-word-why/article_17428725-dbf5-5c00-9271-fd11dd41f221.html

Idk. Since having seen what happened with Rush in Moultrie, I think Rodemaker fighting a duly arrived decision by the BOE is very detrimental to the community he claims to be loving and supporting. At the end of the day, he has to be the big man and say something more unifying for the community if he is sincere in his feelings about it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, I woke up this morning to the news story on t.v. that Alan Rodemaker is still working until his contract runs out in June... But, he's still fired from the team immediately, and only a school system employee until June. 

I bet you couldn't guess that the news story was speaking to a lawyer for Rodemaker, and he's still fighting for some reason, after being fired by the BOE twice in two weeks. 

https://www.valdostadailytimes.com/news/local_news/rodemaker-still-out-no-word-why/article_17428725-dbf5-5c00-9271-fd11dd41f221.html

Idk. Since having seen what happened with Rush in Moultrie, I think Rodemaker fighting a duly arrived decision by the BOE is very detrimental to the community he claims to be loving and supporting. At the end of the day, he has to be the big man and say something more unifying for the community if he is sincere in his feelings about it. 

When fighting race based agendas I would have to agree. The finality of his son moving on to the next level should provide the motivation to do the same. Not dismissing the parting of ways with his team is easy but the lasting impression will be he fought hard for his job. The transition will move on. Much like Colquitt and soon to be Lowndes. Like cutting back the deadwood for new spring growth.

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hawg...not speaking for AR...but sources close to the situation say that Rod and Company won't be satisfied until they vote 7 times and one side gets 4.  It's the American way.

As an aside...when the Valdosta BOE hires a new HC...that's when it's gonna get awkward.  Just ask Colquitt......

Rufus>>

• Like 1