St John Bosco and Mater Dei both have 11 juniors with D-1 offers

BobbySanchez

45 minutes ago, Pops said:

Serra gardena had 4 WRs over 2 years that went in 1st 2 rounds of NFL draft, two were national POY candidates, and I don't think they were ever top 5 in CA -- I don't remember the QB, but pretty sure he was D1 (not near NFL tho)

Yeah obviously that alone isn't going to cut it.  That was just an added dynamic that put STA that year above many others.   They obviously had their usual talent all around,  better RBs, etc.  

On 5/13/2017 at 0:09 AM, BigDrop said:

Pete Rose talking with George Clooney's uncle, Nick Clooney.

I remember (and watched) those Moeller teams. Absolute machines. And sweeeeet unis for the day.

There were years they'd have 25 or so kids getting college football scholies.  4 AP All-Ohios per year including a couple of All-Americans. Per class.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

We all know which category Bergen and the BNU fall in lately.

Let's see ... 

BC beat the best BG team to ever lose a game (arguably),  a top 10 nationally ranked eds team, A wood last season etc 

Sjr beat a MD state champ dematha squad  and a top 10 nationally ranked eds team in a different year than BC did. 

PC beat the likes of Gilman x2, Saint ignatius x2, and SFA. 

SPP beat the best eastern Christian academy team. 

Bosco has the best oos resume Ever in HS football.... not worth listing we all know what it is. 

Please list all the trinity teams and their best oos wins... thanks. 

Let me Help you out: 

sjb ... 0-2 against BG

Md ... until this season don't play oos games for most part 

servite: 0-28 against BG 

j Serra: none 

santa margarita: only oos  claim to fame. Losing to westlake in same season when westlake lost to red mountain. I thought red mountain was a chewing tobacco until that game. 

Pretty comparable oos league resumes

?

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

After the first quarter of DLS/STA had a pretty good idea of who was going to win that night. Uphill battle for Spartans, who didn't play that great, but were not the better team. Really hard to argue otherwise.

I'm not arguing otherwise -- sta clearly the better team that night 

if I have a contention it's against overweighting individual results -- I think it's just as unarguable that DLS was the better team at the end of the year -- sta regressed significantly 

5 hours ago, Pops said:

DLS was driving for go-ahead TD v STA with minutes left in 3rd also -- doesn't mean anything.  DLS would have beat BG by 21 had they exercised the same score in last minute mentality as sta did v DLS 

'04/'05 weren't good teams by the standard they were measured by (a team that hadn't lost in 12 years while beating socal's best repeatedly) -- that said, '04 was DLS's worst team of last 30 and came within 3 of national #2 and SoCal #1 with 1 D1 kid in the senior/ junior classes

They were also blown out by Clovis West 

2 hours ago, Pops said:

I was responding to a guy that was suggesting the DLS-BG game was close when it wasn't -- I was there

The game was 14-14 with 6 minutes left. DLS scored with a minute left to make the score 28-14, and then BG fumbled on the ensuing kick off with less than a minute left in the game. Once again if the BG TD run isn't called back, DLS would've been down 21-14 early in the 4th quarter. How that isn't a close game boggles the mind.

Don’t be fooled by the two-touchdown margin. This was a dead heat and for the majority of the night, Gorman (3-2), the defending and seven-time Nevada state champs, were in control thanks to a huge, physical and superb offensive front and the remarkable all-around skills of junior tailback Shaquille Powell

In fact, De La Salle, ranked 19th nationally in the MaxPreps Xcellent 25 presented by the Army National Guard, didn’t have a single sustained drive until the start of the fourth quarter when it traveled 80 yards in 13 plays capped by a Bart Houston to Anthony Williams 4-yard touchdown with 6:17 to play. 

"It was a designed play, a one-step slant and Bart got it exactly where it was supposed to go," Williams said. 

That broke a 14-14 tie and gave the Spartans (3-0) their first lead since late in the first quarter. Houston then added an insurance touchdown with a 2-yard TD sneak with 1:30 remaining. 

“It was 21-0 the second half against those guys,” Ladouceur said. "You can't complain about that."  

De La Salle scored its first two touchdowns on a 90-yard kickoff return to open the game by Antoine Pickett and one-play 19-yard scoring drive after a Powell fumble midway through the third quarter. 

Before that second touchdown, the Spartans had a scant 106 yards of offense and seven first downs. 

“You can’t give the most renowned high school football team in America two touchdowns and expect to win,” Gorman coach Tony Sanchez said. “It turned out that was the difference.” 

It was indeed, but De La Salle dug deep and found more in the tank down the stretch than the Gaels. 

De La Salle’s smallish but quick offensive line and vaunted veer attack finally got rolling. Lucas Dunne, who earlier scored on a 19-yard run, began finding seams and finished with a game-high 133 yards on 23 carries. He carried seven times for 47 yards on the go-ahead drive and five more times for 26 yards on the game-clinching march. 

“We knew at halftime we had to come out and show what we could do,” Dunne said. “I knew I had to do it for my team.” 

Said Wynn: "Down deep our line loves to run and we thrive on the run. We literally did the same exact play the entire second half: 12 veer, 14 dive and 38 power. That's all we did." 

Said Ladouceur: "We stayed away from our four wideout sets the second half. We were patient and pounded the ball. It worked out." 

Houston didn’t have big numbers (9 of 14, 98 yards, 30 yards rushing), but he came up big in the fourth quarter, including a 17-yard naked bootleg run on 3rd-and-7 that set up his 2-yard TD sneak. 

His entourage was thrilled when Powell scored his third touchdown on a 26-yard run to start the fourth quarter. It was waved off, however, as Gorman was whistled for a motion penalty. Another penalty (delay) and incompletion led to a 52-yard field goal try by Colin Ditsworth, but it was well short. 

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/KIFXYclNEd-YiQAcxJSkrA/de-la-salle-digs-deep-to-defeat-bishop-gorman.htm

I don't know why you rewrite history on the game. The game was close, the ending score isn't indicative of how close the game was. 

2 hours ago, Cossacks said:

After the first quarter of DLS/STA had a pretty good idea of who was going to win that night. Uphill battle for Spartans, who didn't play that great, but were not the better team. Really hard to argue otherwise.

Ehh I wouldn't go that far. It wasn't one of those games that was over before it started.  I'd say I was confident at that time, but that's because I'd been used to how STA was in the years just prior.  Back then It was hard to imagine STA not being able to score more than their D allowed.  

That year was the first year I noticed a drop in offensive efficiency and it's been lingering ever since.  When STA has scored against good defenses lately they are making sick/tough plays.   They used to score with more scheme (in addition to great plays).  Rarely do I see STA guys wide open, or taking advantage of what the D's give.(against the better D's that is)   It seems the quick screen pass has completely replaced any type of lateral option run and can be a bit more predictable. (not to mention harder to execute IMO)

If I were watching that game today, I'd have definitely been more worried at half.  Hopefully the change in the O coordinator changes things up.  

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

They were also blown out by Clovis West 

Yep

already made that point to mjd I think in this thread

my point TO YOU for mentioning MV '04 game is that "talent" doesn't always win -- DLS went 151-0 with talent (most players in NFL), then 56-10-2 without it (2 BCS players over 6 teams), but still won 6 Section titles and a CA Open/ MNC in '07 against a stacked CC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

The game was 14-14 with 6 minutes left. DLS scored with a minute left to make the score 28-14, and then BG fumbled on the ensuing kick off with less than a minute left in the game. Once again if the BG TD run isn't called back, DLS would've been down 21-14 early in the 4th quarter. How that isn't a close game boggles the mind.

Don’t be fooled by the two-touchdown margin. This was a dead heat and for the majority of the night, Gorman (3-2), the defending and seven-time Nevada state champs, were in control thanks to a huge, physical and superb offensive front and the remarkable all-around skills of junior tailback Shaquille Powell

In fact, De La Salle, ranked 19th nationally in the MaxPreps Xcellent 25 presented by the Army National Guard, didn’t have a single sustained drive until the start of the fourth quarter when it traveled 80 yards in 13 plays capped by a Bart Houston to Anthony Williams 4-yard touchdown with 6:17 to play. 

"It was a designed play, a one-step slant and Bart got it exactly where it was supposed to go," Williams said. 

That broke a 14-14 tie and gave the Spartans (3-0) their first lead since late in the first quarter. Houston then added an insurance touchdown with a 2-yard TD sneak with 1:30 remaining. 

“It was 21-0 the second half against those guys,” Ladouceur said. "You can't complain about that."  

De La Salle scored its first two touchdowns on a 90-yard kickoff return to open the game by Antoine Pickett and one-play 19-yard scoring drive after a Powell fumble midway through the third quarter. 

Before that second touchdown, the Spartans had a scant 106 yards of offense and seven first downs. 

“You can’t give the most renowned high school football team in America two touchdowns and expect to win,” Gorman coach Tony Sanchez said. “It turned out that was the difference.” 

It was indeed, but De La Salle dug deep and found more in the tank down the stretch than the Gaels. 

De La Salle’s smallish but quick offensive line and vaunted veer attack finally got rolling. Lucas Dunne, who earlier scored on a 19-yard run, began finding seams and finished with a game-high 133 yards on 23 carries. He carried seven times for 47 yards on the go-ahead drive and five more times for 26 yards on the game-clinching march. 

“We knew at halftime we had to come out and show what we could do,” Dunne said. “I knew I had to do it for my team.” 

Said Wynn: "Down deep our line loves to run and we thrive on the run. We literally did the same exact play the entire second half: 12 veer, 14 dive and 38 power. That's all we did." 

Said Ladouceur: "We stayed away from our four wideout sets the second half. We were patient and pounded the ball. It worked out." 

Houston didn’t have big numbers (9 of 14, 98 yards, 30 yards rushing), but he came up big in the fourth quarter, including a 17-yard naked bootleg run on 3rd-and-7 that set up his 2-yard TD sneak. 

His entourage was thrilled when Powell scored his third touchdown on a 26-yard run to start the fourth quarter. It was waved off, however, as Gorman was whistled for a motion penalty. Another penalty (delay) and incompletion led to a 52-yard field goal try by Colin Ditsworth, but it was well short. 

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/KIFXYclNEd-YiQAcxJSkrA/de-la-salle-digs-deep-to-defeat-bishop-gorman.htm

I don't know why you rewrite history on the game. The game was close, the ending score isn't indicative of how close the game was. 

BG had one drive all game.  There other score was based on a jump ball bomb.  Your times seem like exaggerations (the score to go up 14 I recall as a few minutes left i.e.).  DLS was also outweighed by about 70#/ man along the LOS and it was evident the entire 2nd half that DLS had a huge conditioning edge.  Also, that same sentiment was also expressed in writing in articles and discussion following DLS-STA but you're not making the same point there.

i was at both games and can say that without a doubt, the Mullen game was more tense -- BG seemed done early in 2nd half.  I'm not rewriting history -- they declined to win by 21, which would have been same margin as sta game had they not elected to score in last minute but you choose to make completely opposite points to suit agenda 

BG and DLS could have played 10x and DLS wins every game (BG couldn't drive on or play 48 minutes with DLS); I think that would be a tough asssertion about sta since every pollster and computer believed DLS would have won in a rematch later that year

4 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Why would anyone want to talk DLS football with, dlspop ...it's like talking politics with gopconcha.

If you don't like being corrected by your betters, you should stop starting The Daily Whine political threads or stalking me from thread to thread talking about DLS's OOS record and not wanting to be reminded that they made one of the swamps historical teams look silly and inept, worse than a baby seal

4 hours ago, Pops said:

but still won 6 Section titles and a CA Open/ MNC in '07 against a stacked CC

USA Today 2007 1 Northwestern Miami FL15-0

PrepNation 2007 1 St, Xavier Cincinnati OH 15-0

ESPN 2007 1 St. Xavier Cincinnati OH15-0

Maxpreps 2007 1 St. Xavier Cincinnati, OH 15-0

calpreps 2007 1 St Xavier Cincinatte OH 15-0

DLS? xD

You lie like a child, pop........give up posting at once.

4 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Ask concha who won the MNC in 2007, pop....if you have the balls.

You lying and babbling fool.

Want me to ask concha who's a bigger liar, you or me?

i'd suggest a wager first but don't want to jeopardize your gas money to Destin for the family sing-a-long -- I know you were hoping that was covered under Hillary 

1 minute ago, Pops said:

Want me to ask concha who's a bigger liar, you or me? 

Sure, do it right now!......and, while you are at it ask him who won the MNC in 2007.

concha and I go back and forth, but he knows I am not a compulsive lair like you.

I'll take your bet.

You are a fool, pop...in every way, believe that. 

6 hours ago, Pops said:

Your times seem like exaggerations (the score to go up 14 I recall as a few minutes left i.e.).  

Did you watch the video?  It tells you the time when they went up 14 as does the article I pasted. How can you recall the game without knowing the details of when they went up 14?

DLS had two drives all game long. Their other 2 td's came off a turnover and an opening game KO return

16 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Did you watch the video?  It tells you the time when they went up 14 as does the article I pasted. How can you recall the game without knowing the details of when they went up 14?

DLS had two drives all game long. Their other 2 td's came off a turnover and an opening game KO return

I did not -- I was in the midst of tcu graduation and catching pieces of this site from time to time

2 drives is twice as many as BG and again, it was like seeing an anaconda vs a pig -- you knew the outcome even if it took awhile

my point with you is just to be consistent -- the DLS v BG and Sta games were about equally competitive (yeah, BG hung in about a quarter longer in score due to 4-5 TOS by DLS in sta game and sta choosing to score in last minute while DLS declined

no other point -- good games, deserving team won both 

• Like 1