Yea it's...

1. DeMatha

2. SFA

3. SJC 

4. McDonogh

5. Gonzaga 

Sounds like the standard backing off of one's team based on OOS contests

maybe/ maybe not and fwiw, everyone does it so no malice in soft accusation

ill say this -- if SJC goes 7-3 in regular season, they're likely the top team in MD/ DC and, as long as games were competitive, still top 25 worthy -- brutal schedule 

10 minutes ago, Pops said:

ill say this -- if SJC goes 7-3 in regular season, they're likely the top team in MD/ DC and, as long as games were competitive, still top 25 worthy -- brutal schedule 

Not backing off at all. They had a bunch of starters transfer. Thats just a fact. SJC will still have talent all over the field. They are getting transfers of their own. 

32 minutes ago, Pops said:

Most of those teams all play each other so the rankings will work themselves out. 

Plus Saint Francis academy plays don bosco for more clarity. 

44 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Not backing off at all. They had a bunch of starters transfer. Thats just a fact. SJC will still have talent all over the field. They are getting transfers of their own. 

It was a very mild observation vs a hard accusation -- not questing your integrity -- just seems like 100% of the time when a team lines up meaty OOS foe(s), the local representation here is less high on that team than non-local (happens in CA, FL, TX, OH, and most especially GA)

so, how do you feel about SJC's OOS prospects?  It appears that at least THEY feel like they have a nationally elite team, although I remember a couple of years ago everyone said same thing about LBP because they scheduled similarly and turned out to not be the case

4 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Most of those teams all play each other so the rankings will work themselves out. 

Plus Saint Francis academy plays don bosco for more clarity. 

With the huge surge in intersectional games vs 5, 10, especially 20 or 30 years ago, national rankings at least among elite teams ought to be much more obvious going forward

TX remains fairly isolated (for reasons I understand)

5 hours ago, Pops said:

It was a very mild observation vs a hard accusation -- not questing your integrity -- just seems like 100% of the time when a team lines up meaty OOS foe(s), the local representation here is less high on that team than non-local (happens in CA, FL, TX, OH, and most especially GA)

so, how do you feel about SJC's OOS prospects?  It appears that at least THEY feel like they have a nationally elite team, although I remember a couple of years ago everyone said same thing about LBP because they scheduled similarly and turned out to not be the case

I think SJC will be fine OOS. Like I said, they've been packing the barn with talent since Plank donated 25mm+ to the school a few years ago, so they'll have kids to plug in. I'm sure they still have very talented players that will transfer in this summer like last season with the 5* OT from Florida that's now at Auburn.

I won't be able to tell you if I think they'll win until scrimmages start, but they can 100% compete to the last whistle right now. They still have two very high end FBS RB's even with Bangda leaving. The QB has a bunch of big offers, but hasn't played against DLS, IMG or SJB type teams. 

My only point in my initial post on this thread was that, right now, they are behind both DeMatha and SFA. Those teams have top 25 rosters. DM has kids that have grown through the program and SFA is putting together an all star team of transfers. If SJC hits the transfer circuit hard this summer, this could change. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, old_e said:

Just 3. How does that equal to Colquitt's 10 on each side of the ball and the legendary playa Probst?

I'm just talking about the D1 guys for VM. Other than that, Colquitt is gonna field 22 guys just like VM, but as we all know... the might broncos of Vista Murrieta are gonna come down to Georgia and kick colquitt's ass. Hell, that sorry ole coach Propst won't even make a diffrence because he won't be able to figure out how to beat that superior team from California 

18 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I'm just talking about the D1 guys for VM. Other than that, Colquitt is gonna field 22 guys just like VM, but as we all know... the might broncos of Vista Murrieta are gonna come down to Georgia and kick colquitt's ass. Hell, that sorry ole coach Propst won't even make a diffrence because he won't be able to figure out how to beat that superior team from California 

it's a no win situation for Rush.

If he blows them out, he is supposed to.

If he does not, wtf? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

it's a no win situation for Rush.

If he blows them out, he is supposed to.

If he does not, wtf? 

I don't even know if Colquitt will score because Vista Murrieta is from California and they're better than any team from Georgia. I think rush is even doubting his team's chances against the mighty broncos. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I don't even know if Colquitt will score because Vista Murrieta is from California and they're better than any team from Georgia. I think rush is even doubting his team's chances against the mighty broncos. 

My understanding is cc still has an open date. Maybe they can battle it out for the real cc.

9 minutes ago, old_e said:

My understanding is cc still has an open date. Maybe they can battle it out for the real cc.

Nah.. Colquitt is playing Roswell in week 4 and Brookwood in week 5, so they can't back out of those games because of the home and away contracts.

CC has week 4 and/or 5 open. 

It's a no go