Duncanville coach suspended

ATLien12x

7 hours ago, Horsefly said:

They haven’t gone into detail, but it could be hiring non certified teachers to supplement the coaching staff.  That seems to be what some on the texas site think it is 

And yet you have frauds like Dustin and USAA who don't even have teachers, and couldn't care less about certification. 

• Like 4

This is such bullshit!!!  

"The violation, according to the UIL Constitution, is for using a coach on staff that wasn’t a full-time employee of the district."

So in Texas you cannot have volunteers help your team out that are NOT full time employees of the district????????????????  In other words, you can have a coach that's willing to bring in anyone on his own dime to help a school and kids get better in sports, skills, academics, and life but you're not allowed to do that.  Ridiculous rule, ridiculous punishment.  They should give this coach an award for doing everything he can at a public school (limited funds) to make those kids better!  No instead they punish the guy, WTF are all those PhDummie's thinking???????????????

1 minute ago, sausmann9 said:

This is such bullshit!!!

"The violation, according to the UIL Constitution, is for using a coach on staff that wasn’t a full-time employee of the district."

So in Texas you cannot have volunteers help your team out that are NOT full time employees of the district????????????????  In other words, you can have a coach that's willing to bring in anyone on his own dime to help a school and kids get better in sports, skills, academics, and life.  Ridiculous rule, ridiculous punishment.  They should give this coach an award for doing everything he can at a public school (limited funds) to make those kids better!  No instead they punish the guy, WTF are all those PhD's thinking???????????????

Plain and simple... liability.

You need certification in CPR, 1st aid, heat related certs, restraint and deescalation certs, professional standards certs...and more when you're around tax payer funded kids.

BGW

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

You need certification in CPR, 1st aid, heat related certs, restraint and deescalation certs, professional standards certs...and more when you're around tax payer funded kids.

BGW

Don't forget the sexual harrassment, blood born pathogens, and concussion protocol courses. Oh and the live scan background check!

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

BGW

I absolutely realize those that you listed and rightfully so but the part that gets me is that the volunteer/coach has to be a full time employee of that district.   You can still be certified in all those that you mentioned, and you should be, but having to be a full time employee of that district is the bullshit part

5 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

I absolutely realize those that you listed and rightfully so but the part that gets me is that the volunteer/coach has to be a full time employee of that district.   You can still be certified in all those that you mentioned, and you should be, but having to be a full time employee of that district is the bullshit part

The district wants these folks vetted under their protocols et al...

I know, I know.... it does suck.

BGW

53 minutes ago, The Guru said:

The only thing that comes out of this is a built-in excuse for a game that they would've lost anyway.

If Duncanville looses this I don't think anyone would suggest it was because Samples missed the game. I'd lean more to it them having lost Jaquienden Jackson (Texas) Chris Thompson (Auburn) Ennis Rackeshaw (Mizzou). Along with a very talented RB Trestyn Smith. Can't think of the school he signed with. Plus what would be so bad about them loosing to another top team in the country ? You guys act like when teams loose these games it makes the other team bad. It's obvious there are really good teams across the state. I've never understood why it's bad to loose to a Nationally ranked team no matter where they come from.

• Like 1